CF 1.8 gameplay

There are 78 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Drakon.

• i believe your concern is about everything
    missiles, cds, cm, guns
    and no matter what i do... no matter what gets changed ppl will never be happy

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by Jack Bauer
    My concern is for the guns. You guys are using missles for holy crap how long ? Will we see anything else besides missles or PPCs/DKAs ?

yeah a lot of new systems, ships, races, suns, effects, wrecks, scrap (in form of debris) and a lot more... Not all is about fighting - kiddos

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    i believe your concern is about everything
    missiles, cds, cm, guns
    and no matter what i do... no matter what gets changed ppl will never be happy

you got it...

Finaly only one group will be happy and the other group will start complaining and so on.

Click the image above to visit us.

• 1st you raise the advantages for guns then you do the same for missiles and in the end you have the same balance like before

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• only if u restrict 2 missiles per ship, and create more guns with different refire rates...
    well gunners have the right to complain about don't caring about em don't they?
    few us want news guns, cause we often used guns only + torp in other mods or from vanillia or even from the beginning of freelancer.
    we need to be listenned, theres gunners besides missile men :'(

Regards
    L'arab

oh and OP also unlock the gate of NY in alaska, it would help us a lot to get on NY ;)

wait wait Marten, maybe she will be MY girlfriend...In night, she could play with my..uhm..my ethernet cables?

-Technically, make out with a girl is like connecting with another PC to win full administrator access ;)
    -LOL
    -So do you want try connecting with me?
    -I dunno is it safe
    -I promise i won't corrupt your files baby
    -OMG MY 0WN3R IS H3R3 G2G L8R
    ....in the meantime
    -What are ya doin' Pintsize?
    -Well i'm busy erm could you leave me a while....i need defragmenting now.

Questionable Content

• maybe only 2 missiles per ship will be ok :)

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• ;) maybe cuz you cant beat anyone using 3 missiles, Tyr

• the ny gate will stay locked
    and some more gates will get locked aswell in SP

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yeah thanks for the mooring fixture - faster docking :)

Also it's not complaining, it's a concern. Everyone will have missles available, they'll have guns available, the mod will be so uber-cool that before I start even thinking about some heavy PvP action a few months will pass due to so much content (oh and I love the Dom'Kavash neutrality/friednly thing that sounds so cool). So Huor despite what you think I doubt everyone in starfliers will go out of New York and start shooting themselves with Justice MkI.

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• aye aye !
    nice changes and really amazing features.
    Idea with missiles/cd/cmd/mines looks pretty ok to me. (said from the most notoriuos spammer, lol )

About guns -> well, like someone said in here, it would be cool to put few new lvl10 weapons with high (or higher) refire rate with low (or lower) damage output(no need to make te energy comsuption sky-high), just make the damage output lower.
    I cant await so try SP/MP gameplay :P

see ya in space,
    Inf

• There would be a realy easy way to make the Missile users having more problems but not that much. Just a thinking about it - because imO 1.7 is realy well balanced and it would be sad to lose the balance. Why not adding a Zero to the hold of CMs - so 500 instead of 50? Everything could remain as is then.

Why do i step in with a new proposal you may ask, pretty easy - because the CapShips could become to powerfull if the refire rate of the Missiles would be dropped dramaticaly...

Making the Top Missiles to Class 10 Missiles (Nemesis, Cataclysm, Havoc, Catapult) could be a good idea aswell.

At the end, i don´t care about that changes because the past always showed that there will be a similar Setup short after changes was made - and ppl will just adapt the changes and new fighting styles.

Click the image above to visit us.

• Wow didn't know that SWAT portal has a new owner, I am truely sorry, master chief boss Spiky... ... ... HAHA
    Anyway, I guess OP started this thread to hear a few ideas and first impressions about these changes.

• yeah and its getting more ridiculous everyday

tweak CDs, missiles and no VHF with an angular speed of a LH... thats it

no need to change anything else (maybe guns but that has to be tested in beta)

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• The wishes of the one are the nightmares of the other ! OP you know for years that you'll never satisfy everybody, it's a recurent fact in our community to complain about every changes ! You asked us to tell you what we wanted and you took the best of it to add to your vision of a great FREELANCER (2 ). I know also that when you have take a decision you'll stay by it and so must it be: you are the creator and the soul of CROSSFIRE and I know you 'll always do for the best ! WE have to adapt our playing style to meat the changes of the game and that 's what matter, we need NEW stuff and you ( and your team ) can provide that !
    We all have great expectations about 1.8 and I'm shure we'll have many surprises to find out !!
    People, just stop to complain in advance : wait, see and enjoy what you 'll get. Later we will discuss about some changes if needed !

• I think it is all interesting and will as others have said force changing of tactics, which isn't really a bad thing in overall. As for complaints, I never have done so about the mod, I find it great.. only thing I would have ever said was cap ships flipping around doesn't make sense too me.

I think the changes could be good, 8 secs isn't too bad, I would ofc advocate testing before putting the clay into the kiln. I wanted to say glass sculpture.. :)

PS: very nice to have moor fix there.

Farewell for now and good times too all!!

I am Death, Direction, Destruction, Defiance.... *static and then loss of signal*

Mainly known by Derenus, Derrail, I-am-D. My name in use is Derrail.

Later we will discuss about some changes if needed !

rofl
    later later, then forgotten
    changes NOW, if theres no changes NOW, then they will never happen.
    create new guns instead of missiles!

but i do agree to make a beta test open for all, in a period of one week, where we can decide what's good or not, before some group of peeps stay unhappy one year long waiting for 1.9

wait wait Marten, maybe she will be MY girlfriend...In night, she could play with my..uhm..my ethernet cables?

-Technically, make out with a girl is like connecting with another PC to win full administrator access ;)
    -LOL
    -So do you want try connecting with me?
    -I dunno is it safe
    -I promise i won't corrupt your files baby
    -OMG MY 0WN3R IS H3R3 G2G L8R
    ....in the meantime
    -What are ya doin' Pintsize?
    -Well i'm busy erm could you leave me a while....i need defragmenting now.

Questionable Content

• there wont be any open betas

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by u600
    but i do agree to make a beta test open for all, in a period of one week, where we can decide what's good or not, before some group of peeps stay unhappy one year long waiting for 1.9

May i remind that the sense of a beta is not to make everyone of the latter users happy. The beta is used to find final bugs, to make less corrections etc pp.

I know this community now a little bit - guess what will happen if we would open the beta for one week? That would result in another year for OP to finish the mod. Either anyone is satisfied with what OP and his supporters have created or not. Either you play the mod or not.