Starport + ReactorForge

There are 78 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by BG_Slayer.

Originally posted by FriendlyFire
    Zoomer: No. What you're saying right there is precisely the thing to do if you want Freelancer to wither and die in the next year.

As a dwindling community, we have to, we must overcome our differences and divergences and work together. Otherwise, we lose. It's as simple as that.

Despite the disagreements, nobody has anything to gain from such a behavior.

Why will the overall "community" wither and die in the next year? It hasn't died in the past year despite the repeated drama's between TLR, Swat Portal and TSP...

So history, quite clearly, proves otherwise.

So how it is you guys are so frequently at loggerheads then? You seem to all say you need community cohesion to "save freelancer" (from what?) - yet your actions all point in completely the opposite direction. What is this thread if not to promote discontent?

For people with "years of experience" a lot of you seem to be horrifically incompetent and incredibly unbalanced.

I look forward to the nth drama regarding TLR, TSP and Swat Portal... I give it 2-3 months before I can read all this crap once more.

• You talk about history... ok lets talk about history.
    Freelancer is not the first lancer game which died because of the lack of support from its community. But for sure it will be the last lancer game. Your so called history seems to be very limited and not based on all the facts. You stand there not knowing how much work has had to be done keep stuff running. How much more work will need to be done to keep it running in the next years. Before you call someone incompetent you better should find out first about what really happened and what the reasons are for the action. I doubt that you have the neccessary insight to do a judgement and your words sound pretty much like those that your criticisms is addressed to.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• So from now on, if history says something, it's always right? If I didn't die last year, I will never die! Yay, thanks for the tip, I'm now officially immortal.

All that aside, it's very odd that you appear out of nowhere here and start criticizing BOTH sides of the argument. We may not agree everywhere, but I don't think anyone here would be able to say the other side hasn't done anything worthwhile or helpful to the general FL community. If you think it somehow would've kept itself alive without the support from all of its larger communities like SWAT or TSP, you probably have been living under a rock for the past years or want to lie to yourself by taking only the negative aspect of what's been happening.

Again, I said it: I'm not without faults. OP said the same. However, we both aren't without qualities or successes either, and each and every little thing we've done has been one more thing to help FL keep on going. Whether a massive project or a small addition, the communities present here have had tremendous impact on the overall community.

How many times have we had people saying "Thanks to site X, I've been able to fix Y problem" or "Thanks to site X, I've been able to start modding"? Too many to count. What if these sites weren't there? Those same people might've abandonned and left. Heck, they might not even have encountered their problem in the first place because knowledge would be so fragmented and scarce we'd still be in the modding stone age.

I don't exactly see why you're saying such things anyways. There's nothing to gain in isolating eachother, and your History you seem to love so dearly often proves that, not just in FL, but in general.

• funny thing

at least he prooved that you both can argue easy for and in one topic. Now go and do it, but take w0dk4 and Nightstalker with you ^^

Click the image above to visit us.

• Well Zoomer, i thought its in everyone freedom to choose to read crap - or to leave it. If you choose to read the crap than you somewhat addicted to it.
    You think its crap, other point out its the truth, another one m8 think its all fairytale. Its up to you what you make out of it. If you don't like it - don't read it and finally don't complain about it.

Furthermore i tend to see that TSP as well as SWAT have their credits in what was arranged in the communities. I am sure both did what they had to do - and left what they should have done^^ LOL no not so complicated...
    I want to say. Everyone (a community or a single person) has done something - i am sure. That not all is in favor to everyone seems to be in the nature of the things. Hence that project get negatives is very likely as given them positive feedback. Both is needed! I think it would bring us forward if all communities would respect each other more and care about others too.
    Without any ego trips of somebody. All the work, done by the modders and their staff and as well the people in the communities spend their time and spare time and work to do something for the game (FL). Everyone has deserved to be treated in fair manners - without insults, accusations and all this quarrels. Respect the work of each other, share knowledge and i think we are doing good to keep FL alive for some more years. That there will be an end sooner - (imho) or later is clear. So don't lets waste all the time to quarrel about who has done what work and how much was the result of it. Lets try to work together as an FL community where everyone has his own piece and freedom...

Thats what i feel at the moment about this...

• Unfortuantly it appears that Zoomer is one of these people that you can try talking sense to but he will never get it ... people like this will never grasp the fact that for somthing to work support from all parties are needed.

The only fortunate thing is that the FL community has enough people in it to out weigh the bad apples ... Zoomer do yourself a favour and go spread you negative crap elsewhere outside the FL community .

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• before the GLS went offline (end of 2007) there were more than 1000 total players

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• we have a financial crysis

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• there we go again:
    http://www.reactorforge.com/in…ms/showthread.php?t=72485

have i said something wrong?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• dont see anything:

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

can you post something please?!

• reason for not showing up is pretty simple... they removed the thread
    I did 3 posts today... now my stats stay that i did one post... which btw. is a post that the search engine of that site can not find

once more those people try to hide the truth by manipulating the forum and deleting stuff.

of course I created a log of the entire thread this afternoon so nothing is lost
    I wouldnt be the OP if i couldnt prove my words ^^

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by BG_Slayer
    Unfortuantly it appears that Zoomer is one of these people that you can try talking sense to but he will never get it ... people like this will never grasp the fact that for somthing to work support from all parties are needed.

The only fortunate thing is that the FL community has enough people in it to out weigh the bad apples ... Zoomer do yourself a favour and go spread you negative crap elsewhere outside the FL community .

"Support from all parties", "spread negative crap"... oh how you tickle my funny bone :D

Seriously, think about it - and laugh :D The irony of your post considering the thread, the posts contained within it :D

• WOW Zoomer wasn't aware you are a comedian as well ... and one that likes the oldies to!!!! well done.

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator