Starport + ReactorForge

There are 78 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by BG_Slayer.

• anger has nothing to do with it
    you have to be aware that your view also is not the only one

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• w0dk4 i must say you remind me of the recent US president Bush ... you seem to share his same attitude go in all guns blazing and ask questions after no matter what the outcome!!!

And why is it allways your name is see appear when the shit flinging competition starts ... do you not have a life? is it really that boring that you feel the need to come up with more BS? ... maybe you should try a change of Job or maybe take a nice holiday some where hot and relax your brain for a while.

I know you sit there at your keyboard and think omg this SWAT lot ar brain washed by OP... well i can safely tell you this is not the case ... we all have independent minds ... and i for one don't kiss anyones ass ... so using my independent free mind i can safely say your full of SH**!!!!

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• Nice to see personal attacks are starting to fly by. Slayer, you have not the smallest idea of what w0dk4's been doing for the FL community in general apparently, or you'd be ashamed of what you're saying.

It's funny how this community (SWAT) has an extremely skewed perception of reality. I guess it's a byproduct of being fed the same side of the story over and over by a single, biased source.

Huor: I guess I just misunderstood the meaning and tone of your post then, my bad. If you have MSN, I'd like it if you could PM me your address (best to do it on TSP if you don't mind as I've no idea where the PMs are on here :P ).

Originally posted by FriendlyFire
    Nice to see personal attacks are starting to fly by. Slayer, you have not the smallest idea of what w0dk4's been doing for the FL community in general apparently, or you'd be ashamed of what you're saying.

It's funny how this community (SWAT) has an extremely skewed perception of reality. I guess it's a byproduct of being fed the same side of the story over and over by a single, biased source.

Huor: I guess I just misunderstood the meaning and tone of your post then, my bad. If you have MSN, I'd like it if you could PM me your address (best to do it on TSP if you don't mind as I've no idea where the PMs are on here :P ).

Strange, realy - especialy you who makes us looking bad to the entire community - instead of attacking respected Members of our community you should start to act being honest while saying sorry for reactions like this.

FriendlyFire

Incoming hostile in 3, 2, 1.... ;D

The above is reality aswell but it do not fit to your personal idea making us to a hostile Community:

The Starport

You refer to the GLS Workaround, tbH a solution was there long before it was done, but hey the FL Community simply ignored warnings - ok your problem (not only - because of the produced ignorance we all lost tons of players).

Just remain considering us as hostile and don´t bother yourself in reading the old GLS Threads in this Forum - for building yourself a more objective mind - now you added that we don´t think by ourselfes - where will your libel end?

Click the image above to visit us.

• slayer - that wasnt really neccessary so please calm down now

FriendlyFire - you shouldnt throw stones while sitting in the glasshouse

posted by the TSP admin RooAvery at TSP:

You are so full of s***. Honestly, do you ever stop to think 'why am I so self obsessed?'. I guess you dont.

(just one of many examples and for sure not the worst one)

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• My Appologise to you OP ... but some people need to wake up and see whats going on around them ... whilst im sure ... infact i know w0dk4 has done some good for the FL community but the point is right now ... right this moment in time he is not and like i said this isnt the only time w0dk4 name has come up when the shit flinging competition starts ... and this is what i and otheres judge him on.

I suggest w0dk4 and friendlyfire take a look at the quotation in my signature and think about it for a while ... im sure you will get the picture then.

Oh and friendlyfire ... trust me that wasn't a personal attack as people here including OP can vouch for ... you dont want to see me get personal .. not pretty :)

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

Originally posted by BG_Slayer
    w0dk4 i must say you remind me of the recent US president Bush ... you seem to share his same attitude go in all guns blazing and ask questions after no matter what the outcome!!!

And why is it allways your name is see appear when the shit flinging competition starts ... do you not have a life? is it really that boring that you feel the need to come up with more BS? ... maybe you should try a change of Job or maybe take a nice holiday some where hot and relax your brain for a while.

I know you sit there at your keyboard and think omg this SWAT lot ar brain washed by OP... well i can safely tell you this is not the case ... we all have independent minds ... and i for one don't kiss anyones ass ... so using my independent free mind i can safely say your full of SH**!!!!

Actually, I am on holiday right now 8)

Anyways, what I find odd is, I didnt even answer on all the accusations that have been done in the first post, yet you say that Im the one fighting here.
    Yet, my only basic point here has been from the start of this "discussion" that these sort of accusations are not helping anybody, which also seems to be your own point. So I find it odd you attack me based on that argument.

• Honestly i find it odd that most of ya all doesn't seems to now how to talk (or write) with each other. All you know is how to accuse and swearing and all this.
    I have learned in my childhood too have respect to anyone out there. Even if i get insulted - i am the cleverer and know how to behave ;)

By this any accusation doesn't bring us all forward - i also think that telling the truth would be more. And with that i don't mean that anyone is starting any troubles continuously. That is not necessary because the troubles are existing - they are not mandatory made by persons.

So now - all calm down and stop with that bitching. I would read posts about what happened and try to be reasonable about this and not swearing all the time.

Originally posted by w0dk4 Actually, I am on holiday right now 8)

Anyways, what I find odd is, I didnt even answer on all the accusations that have been done in the first post, yet you say that Im the one fighting here.
    Yet, my only basic point here has been from the start of this "discussion" that these sort of accusations are not helping anybody, which also seems to be your own point. So I find it odd you attack me based on that argument.

I agree accusations don't help anyone but its your accusations and othere's that have started this post in the 1st place ... and also for the record im not saying your the one fighting here ... but come on lets be honest you haven't treated OP/SWAT fairly on othere forums .. I just don't see why someone can't just stand up and have the balls to say lets stop this and learn to work as a team.

OP is not this negative person you make him out to be... yes he has pride over his work and yes he is passionate about it ... but tell me where is the fault in that?

If it wasn't for the pride and passion that OP and othere respected members of this community share SWAT portal wouldn't be as good and as active as it is today.

I just h8 to see good people get attacked all the time ... very rare have i seen a post where someone has congratulated SWAT and OP and thanked these people for there help but instead unfortunatly there are many saying the complete opposite... spreading lies and hatred within the community and also on public boards ... how can this be fair?

I am pleased you are on holiday and i hope you have a nice relaxing time ... enjoy:)

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• Unfortunately what you're describing, Slayer, is something that seems pretty generalized amongst all online communities and even offline ones. All we can do is to ignore the rotten apples and keep on going.

I'd prefer to find grounds on which we can all agree upon. It's just a matter of dropping our weapons and trying. I'm not saying I'm clean, far from it; I recognize my faults and accept them. I just hope we can move on and work towards a better future for everyone involved.

I've been pointed at certain threads where posts were supposedly deleted and have verified the claims. I have to retract what I've previously said and offer an apology to anyone whose posts were deleted without warning or explanation; I will personally work on this matter so this does not happen in the future on TSP.

I've also agreed upon having to enforce stricter interpretation of the rules. I had hoped we could just all get along without the need for policing, but it's obvious this is not the case or we wouldn't be here now. TSP will therefore have a less lenient policy from now on in order to refrain such crises from happening again.

@OP and everyone else who's listening: If, at one point or another, you find yourself to be the target of accusation, flaming, jokes of bad taste or anything of that category but do not see any staff member of TSP reacting to such actions, please PM one of us. Remember everyone has their own vision of what is right or wrong and that we cannot always see at first what will offend and what will not.

Thanks,
    FF

• I am no angel but I also never claimed to be one. I know that my words are often hard and very direct. When I think that something is shit then I say it. I speak openly. No truth is too hard not to be told.
    That also is what I expect and allow here at SWAT. Community related decisions are either done by the community or they are at least getting discussed by the community. If someone gives negative feedback about the site either the problem get solved or an explaination is given why something has to work in the way it is working.
    In the end the members can make their own oppinions and decisions. They always were free to speak as long it did not violate rules.

My behaviour might seem to be harsh but it is reason why SWAT is still alive while other FL sites and communities are not. Ignoring TLR and some other dead sites which are only on the net because the admins forgot to shut them down SWAT is probably the oldest active FL community on the net.
    We had much time in all those years to try out ideas and concepts. See what gets accepted by the community and its members. Based on that and based on my direct way of dealing with many situations SWAT was able to avoid many problems that other communities ran into.

I never had the luck to get a fully working community handed over to just to call a few modders and server admins to join my site. Besides a few exceptions I did not even try to do that. The SWAT that you can see today is based on hard work, correct decisions and often even on naming problems and solving them afterwards.

Everybody can decide for his own if he/she wants problems to be adressed and solved or if it is better to ignore them. I don't know what all you people want. I can only speak for myself. But I want to login here in 10 years to see a community which evolved to even higher standards. A community that solved the known problems, a community which speaks freely and follows the rules. I dont want a community that does act like they are all angels... I want a community that act as friends which do what is moraly right.

Many people here will confirm that I often took care of the so called "trouble makers" which came to this community and that most of those meanwhile are respected members. In many other communities these people would have been banned and treated like shit. Here they got a chance to change. Often because I was harsh to them but without really attacking them.
    What I do has advantages and disadvantages. I am aware of that. But I take much care that I dont break any rules or personally attack somebody else.

The question are who will care about the good side of it and who will care about the bad one. Will arguements be taken as arguements that can be discussed or reason for personal issues. Will different oppinions be taken as oppinions or as offence.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by FriendlyFire
    Unfortunately what you're describing, Slayer, is something that seems pretty generalized amongst all online communities and even offline ones. All we can do is to ignore the rotten apples and keep on going.

1st of all thankyou Friendlyfire in seeing some of the problems and making an effort to address them ... this is a very positive move and one that is much needed.

Your quote above ... well i have to be totally honest here and say out of the 6 or 7 othere online multiplayer games i play... unfortunatly i have only experienced this within the FL community ... the othere forums on othere games i go on i find friendly ... no one fighting with eachothere and its full of a lot of helpfull people that will bend over backwards to help players and othere modding teams ... this is why i have been so upset by what i see in FL ... if otheres can do it why can't the FL community .... for example have a look on www.armaholic.com this site is very similar to the way TLR was ... all modds supported and a public place for all to meet and discuss ...

There modders work side by side infact so much so that this game im playing called Arma was loosing a lot of players due to people getting bored and waiting for the release of Arma2 ... so what happened is modders got together and created a pure work of art they actually made Arma work and play better than ever ... people started returning servers became more populated... now Arma 2 has been released in Germany and the UK will see release the 19th of this month but the strange thing is the modders of Arma have closed the gap so much on how Arma plays and looks that Arma 2 doesn't look that much better ... so what im saying is the proof is there if people get along and work together the possibilities of lets say even a FL2 is not that far out of grasp.

The question is where does the community go from here? ... there are many things that i could think of but it's not my place to say but a plan of action needs to be set by all parties concerned.

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• I'm all for working as one community. I'm here if anyone is interested in expanding communities and making the game a better experience for all players.

• Now that sounds like a plan Nighstalker :) anymore?

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• I like the way people mention years of whatever as being significant. The length of time in a community does not make you better than anyone else. It doesn't give you more rights than anyone else either. It is, simply put, irrelevant. Your behaviour is what matters.

Op - it appears, as an observer, that you continually have issues with other communities. Question is, why do you keep returning to them? To aggravate them? To defend yourself? What's the point, you already know what happens each time you defend yourself. We all know what happens each time you defend yourself as well - you tell everyone on here, they go over there - things get out of hand. You then create a new site, or post on this site, to "prove" how big bad mean and nasty they are.

Why bother? What's the point? Simply put - cast a good long look over the history you have with them all. What, exactly, has all this trouble, strife, argument, flaming and more - what has any of it actually achieved?

To the casual observer - it's achieved sweet FA.

To a casual observer there is one other thing - you keep saying they attack you. Hypocrisy. You are, in turn, attacking them. Sure you may claim you are right and just, but remember, as you state in your own posts... that's just an opinion. Your opinion. Just like in their opinion you're the trouble maker.

I am still a member at Starfyrestudios - you're starting to remind me of Reynen Starfyre.

Seriously, leave them all alone and concentrate upon the portal, the mods, and this community. Its clear the only peace to exist between these communities is letting each other have peace from the others...

Move on, drop this whole issue, forget them. Same goes for the starport, lancers reactor, and where-ever else is involved.

Does anyone else agree? Does anyone else see the point in all of this? What has any of it achieved? Anyone else agree that people should stick to their own communities and leave the others alone?

• Just when things were starting to look up ....sheesh

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• Zoomer: No. What you're saying right there is precisely the thing to do if you want Freelancer to wither and die in the next year.

As a dwindling community, we have to, we must overcome our differences and divergences and work together. Otherwise, we lose. It's as simple as that.

Despite the disagreements, nobody has anything to gain from such a behavior.

Originally posted by Zoomer
    I like the way people mention years of whatever as being significant. The length of time in a community does not make you better than anyone else. It doesn't give you more rights than anyone else either. It is, simply put, irrelevant. Your behaviour is what matters.

no - what is important is what you have done for the community... and believe me I used all those years.. no matter if i kept starlancer alive, ran servers, created mods, supported other modding teams, supported other FL sites, did promotional work for FL and FL mods or teached modding
    I believe that behavious is what matters.

Op - it appears, as an observer, that you continually have issues with other communities. Question is, why do you keep returning to them? To aggravate them? To defend yourself? What's the point, you already know what happens each time you defend yourself. We all know what happens each time you defend yourself as well - you tell everyone on here, they go over there - things get out of hand. You then create a new site, or post on this site, to "prove" how big bad mean and nasty they are.

also wrong - I am only active on the main FL community sites and I dont contiually have issues there
    with the only exception -> TLR which is causing heavy damage to FL by massivly hacking other FL sites
    -> based on that I believe I have every right to have issues with them as SWAT was one of the first sites which got hacked and still gets attacked by them
    Why in gods name should i forget and forgive them? They have not changed their behaviour. History repeats if no preventions are being made.

Why to go to other pages when people start claims there? Simple answer. Because people often believe claims even if they are not true. That is why I posted explainations and facts.

Its clear the only peace to exist between these communities is letting each other have peace from the others...

that requires that the other communities act in the same way which was not the case

Move on, drop this whole issue, forget them. Same goes for the starport, lancers reactor, and where-ever else is involved.

Problems have to be solved... not ignored as they only grow bigger the longer you let them rest.

Does anyone else agree? Does anyone else see the point in all of this? What has any of it achieved? Anyone else agree that people should stick to their own communities and leave the others alone?

I clearly can not agree with you as you can not seperate the communities in such a way. The members are the ones which will pay a high prize if that is done.
    There I simply have to agree with FF and it is exactly what I critisized most in the FL community.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,