Starport + ReactorForge

There are 78 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by BG_Slayer.

• Couldn't be further from the truth Rogue!!! but what i see is the same everytime and it simply boils down to this.... online language translators are crap ... and very often the translation leads the reader to thinking this guy is arrogant or rude .... hence why people get pissed off and become abusive back.

I know this is a fact as i see it in the clan im Co-Leader of ... the leader is a very nice German guy called Def and he uses these stupid translators and i have to proof read things before he posts because of exactly the same reason.

And i know traslators are used because exactly the same mistakes are made ... not the fault of any party its just the way it is ... so basically what im saying is ... when you read a post by someone that doesn't use the english language as there main language then the person reading should take into account that these mistakes happen and shouldn't take what is written as malicious or abusive.

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• A simple PM with ''Plz edit your post'' would`ve been enough... (-_-)

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• Hmmm Rogue im not talking about this post as in the way its is written im talking about the sittuation what has lead to this post being created in the 1st place ....

OP is very miss-understood by a lot of people ... these people read what OP says and the way he says it and take it as he is being Big Headed ... Arrogant ... Rude ... This is not the case OP allways tries his best to help people no matter what clan ... server or modding team they come from ... but unfortunatly some that read what OP posts find it Rude and Insulting and i know 100% OP doesn't mean it that way but the people reading it should see there are some translation issues and make allowances .... its more there ignorance for thinking everyone in the world should know how to use the english language in the correct manor ... im pretty sure if i used a translator to tranlate this post into German or any othere language that this post would read different.

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• As for the accusations of using fake user accounts .... im pretty sure that can be put down to probably another German player using the same translator and making the same mistakes ... i know if i put my clan leader and OP on a forum and asked them to create a post and told them to use fake names i wouldn't be able to tell the difference...... so maybe w0dk4 should open his eyes up to the possiblity that a mistake has been made and that there are many othere posibilities out there .... as for the IP match i seriously doubt that ... one thing i do know if OP has anything to say he will say it and OP will never hide behind a fake char and why would anyone that is passionate about somthing and there commenting on somthing they believe in.

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

as for the IP match i seriously doubt that ... one thing i do know if OP has anything to say he will say it and OP will never hide behind a fake char and why would anyone that is passionate about somthing and there commenting on somthing they believe in.

Well, its always easier to discuss when you have several "users" agreeing with your point.
    About the IP match: Back in the TLR temp forums, where I with help of the former admins exposed the faked accounts, OP said that they were his 10 friends/brothers all at his house posting from the same connection...
    (you know, 1 or 2 friends would have been okay, even if they were fakes, but Op seriously had 10, and im not kidding, 10 faked (ip matched) accounts discussing with me about how my Cloak mod is bullshit)

You see Hawk in this thread? 31 Posts since 2003, not lurking (check online time in profile) and in right this moment decides to log in here and bash me randomly answering on a question that was directed to OP?

Why would you release false information? I don't know, maybe to create the impression you do good work keeping the community running or to calm down the community.

I asked Op this precise question, yet a random forum member answers me in this case? How more obvious can it be?
    Btw. Hawk was the name of one of his fakes at the TLR forums as well (ip matched).

Anyways, I didnt mean to bring the faked accounts story up on that level, but what gives..
    I only wanted to point out that there is certainly more to the whole everybody-is-attacking-the-Swat-Portal story than Op makes it seem like.

For the fun of it I want to answer to this quote:

) I do not think your server statistics show the statistics of all Freelancer servers because you are not able to know them all and since the list server is not working anymore you have no real reference to add servers. There are only a very few possible conclusions: a) You dont actually observe the full player count of the entire Freelancer community because you never knew all servers. The list server is offline so you can not get information from there and please don't tell me you got that information from your workaround. That one is not covered by all servers and requires manual activation. b) You have added all servers to your statistics by hand. If you have done that then I wonder if you got the permission of all the server owners because if not you violated law. Gathering data from servers without having the permission or knowledge of the server owner is illegal. c) It requires that the server owners go to your site to register there. That would mean that the data you collected is based on choosen servers and does not represent the situation of the community.

Given that I queried the Global List server when it was still online, I really had pretty accurate numbers indeed. The servers I query today should actually be less than there are servers out there, since Im sure not every remaining FLServer is on the replacement listserver by crazy which I now query (apart from using the workaround data of course).
    Anyways, what that means is that it actually proves my point even more. If I cannot possibly know all of the remaining FLServer in contrary to the past, but the player numbers still dont significantly differ from those old player numbers, that means that my point is the more valid.

So, who is talking bullshit now?

• w0dk4 maybe OP was having a party at his house who knows.... just by the fact you come on here telling me and the otheres OP did this and that ... and you expect us to take your word for it? for all i know you could have 5 fake chars on the SWAT forum.

Your calculations on server activity is obviously flawed since most people i know from 2006 except a few left FL to play other games and i sure haven't seen a sudden insurge of new players rushing in to the remaining servers .... numbers are down across the board ... and arguing and throwing false accusations isnt going to help matters ... of all the games i play FL seems to be the only one where modding teams are virtually at war with each othere and not in a profesional way ... healthy competition is allways good... but to attack another modding team or server is just pathetic ... this is the reason FL suffers so badly this is the reason players leave because there is only so much anyone can take before the Fun factor wears off and the game becomes more of a political strugle than an actual enjoyable game.

w0dk4 before you answere again think ... think about where you stand in the FL community and what future you would like to see for FL ... and then think about the damage you personally will cause by your actions ... if you want FL to be enjoyable for the forseeable future then help to be the sollution not add to the problem ... rather than waste your time trying to find fake's and throwing accusations look at mending bridges and trying to find diplomatic sollutions .. i would have thought that would be a more pro-active way of helping the FL community than this!!!!

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• The amount of logical fallacies and general lies in this thread is astounding... I'm surprised people actually give a crap about such arguments by now, considering they help in no way and only serve as a venting area for OP. Feel free to continue arguing against the wall, I think most people have better things to do unfortunately.

It was a fun read for sure!

Huor: I didn't say anything was resolved. I was simply happy to see that some sensible discussion could be had, but you've even managed to turn that around against TSP. That's always a nice surprise :)

Originally posted by BG_Slayer
    ... of all the games i play FL seems to be the only one where modding teams are virtually at war with each othere and not in a profesional way ... healthy competition is allways good... but to attack another modding team or server is just pathetic ...

This is for sure which is bothering me personal most, so many games, so many communities working together, so much knowledge in the FL Community and you guys are living on your ego trips.

What a waste of time - you all "super" admins should learn some things, the most important is - not needed but produced stress is weakening every community, no matter of it´s background.

If your community would be attacked this ways you would start defending it aswell for sure. The Players at the Servers are your capital, just tell me one thing - how much is your modding and flameing worth if nobody is playing the Game or reading your lines anymore - how nice is a cloaking device if nobody is using it? And who cares then about who did it?

Click the image above to visit us.

• Yeah kerm, and the funny thing is that they dont realize that sooner than they think they will all end up making Freelancer mods to play themselfves alone...and even then they wont be able to control the FL community for 2 reasons:
    There wont be any left
    They wont get along with others even if they were 10 left.

Guys wake up, Jumpgate is around the corner, Eve online took tons of players and other games will come...If you keep on going with this crap soon you will have nothing to discuss about, and that is a fact.

P.D. Ah the problem of OP....Yeah he has had allways the same problem, he would rather tell you in your face that your gilfriend is ugly than tell you that she has a nice conversation skills...
    Rude? maybe...but straigth and honest....maybe brutal honesty...but at least you get the thruth, that is more than we can get from any of you, with your intrigues, egomaniac conspiracies...hack attacks and all that bullshit...
    You dont like his manners...I can agree with that, but at least i allways expect the truth with him...short, hard and straight truth...and then I act in consequence.

• You know, not really. If you would haver a closer look at TSP for example, you'd see that mostly everybody gets along with each other very nicely.
    The FL community in general is not that fucked up as Op likes to make it seem like.

w0dk4 maybe OP was having a party at his house who knows.... just by the fact you come on here telling me and the otheres OP did this and that ... and you expect us to take your word for it? for all i know you could have 5 fake chars on the SWAT forum.

Its pretty obvious that you dont want to believe me but nevermind. I didnt expect you to believe me anyways.

Your calculations on server activity is obviously flawed since most people i know from 2006 except a few left FL to play other games and i sure haven't seen a sudden insurge of new players rushing in to the remaining servers .... numbers are down across the board ...

... yeah ok, my calculations are flawed because your friends no longer play... whatever. And no, numbers are not down across the board. Numbers are down on a lot of server while Hamburg City and Discovery have received a huge boost in popularity, having player numbers of 128 and 200 online users at a time. Like it or not that a large % is playing on a few servers now, but thats the reality and you know what?
    We (Hamburg City) are getting along with Discovery very nicely. Also, most of our work we did on the serverside tools is available to everyone, which you cannot say about Crossifre.
    So yes, I have thought about what Im doing here and I surely voice my opinion against the BS that is being spread here about TSP and the fl community in general.

Originally posted by w0dk4
    You know, not really. If you would haver a closer look at TSP for example, you'd see that mostly everybody gets along with each other very nicely.
    The FL community in general is not that fucked up as Op likes to make it seem like.

You don´t know me, which is ok, cause i´m not very loud in the scene - but trust me i am probably longer around than you.

back to the topic.

The Topic is, that it isn´t and it wasn´t OP or SWAT all the Time, there was other Communities, other Flames and other negative behavior - except from the very beginning - there ever was somethin negative ongoing between the communities, the Topic should be that ppl. will more likley play Games where the Communities do not fight each other but working together. There is no other Game Community i know where the responsible Heads are fighting each other hacking each other or attacking foreign Gameservers without playing the Game. Also i didn´t saw friendly requests for informations denied by OP - the opposite is what i saw often enough.

My question from aboves post might be rhetorical but there is a sence of truth in it - if the FL Community is proceeding this way it will, because of Titos (btw. hi Pirate :D ) input, suffer until it dies - Players will find other Servers on other Games soon but how will the Servers find other Players? ImO there is not much time left to change the climate.

Click the image above to visit us.

Originally posted by FriendlyFire
    Huor: I didn't say anything was resolved. I was simply happy to see that some sensible discussion could be had, but you've even managed to turn that around against TSP. That's always a nice surprise :)

FriendlyFire:

I have said:

myelf
    I have to add that we surely have made no solutions with my PMs to FriendlyFire. My intention was to explain why we acted like we did and to try to calm down the stuff a bit there. My PM to Fir is still unanswered but i wont comment that here as it was private.

So you misunderstood me FriendlyFire.
    I also didn't stated that anything was resolved and that was even not our aim to reach in our discussion. We both confirmed that more or less. The more i stated I tried to explain to you why we felt attacked. And by stuff i didn't meant staff i meant the post there. I know whats the difference in staff and stuff - so please don't say that i turn something around against TSP.

• FL is a sinking ship and everyone's pouring water on it... When someone lends some help either use it or ignore it.

But instead of pouring water onto the sinking ship won't it be better to grab the bucket and try to keep the ship above the water for as long as possible ?

w0dk4 if you have nothing positive to say, shut up. Stop trying to "defend yourself" or someone else, either be a part of the solution or stay out of the way for the people who want to be a part of the solution.

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• Jack... i suggest we ''mere mortals'' stay out of this ^^

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• claims which turned out to be lies (I limit it to just 10 points even that there is more; not neccessarily in chronological order):

- TSP didnt remove posts -> 1st lie
    - the FL community has stable numbers of players -> 2nd lie
    - the FL community has increasing numbers of players -> 3rd lie
    - SWAT members start the troubles at TSP -> 4th lie (the threads with the comments against SWAT did exist before SWAT members went there)
    - I have started all the troubles -> 5th lie (at no point I have started to insult somebody, offend somebody, break rules or to attack a FL community for personal reasons)
    - Hawk being a fake -> 6th lie
    - me have not shared my knowledge and tools with the FL community -> 7th lie (I have share it since the first day of the FL release but I have refused to share it with people which attack me or my community)
    - w0dka is sharing all his work -> 8th lie (the SWAT community is not allowed to use his work as he got angry because I did not hand over my work to him when he demand it because he was rude, offensive, respectless and not honest to the FL community at that point of time; oh damn that is what he calls me now)
    - "the op used 10 fake accounts" -> 9th lie (1. there were not even that many people involved the discussion you mentioned; 2. after long time denying it and after a private talk with me I proved your claims wrong and you admitted that I was right on that thread so there was not even the need for using fake accounts; 3. I simply have not used any fake accounts nor will I do that in future)
    - "the FL community is so great - we dont have any troubles at TSP and the other sites" -> 10th lie (more than 10 hacked FL sites in the past months, at least 3 incidents at TSP with copyright violations while even HHC was involved in a mod ripoff, communities which damage other communities by sending members to other servers in order to ads, at least 5 threads at TSP where your members initially attacked SWAT members, and numerous violations of rules done by members AND administrators and people which verbally attack other people just because they have a different oppinion and dont support every idea. -> great FL community... btw. you will fail to find something like that here at SWAT)

oh and before i forget it
    as long SWAT was attacked at TSP it was totally ok for you to do and allow that
    now that a similar thread appeared here you act in the same way that you blamed us to act (interesting to look into the mirror)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• @at Jack m8 i wanted say same thing and wasnt allowed so as far as im concerned he does need to do that because all it will do is make ppl leave but then thats his goal anyway he wants to try and cause trouble so ppl leave at this point hes only one that needs to leave i enjoy the game and like Slayer said its the political BS that is going to kill FL if thats what you want m8 then keep up by all means ... this is pointless and i agree stop sinkin the ship .... do your part to make it good again!!!! if you cant help then leave better yet if your wanting FL to live on then maybe you do need to go many still like the game many always will but appearntly you dont otherwise none of this would have had a need to be posted .... So i sorry but maybe you need to look deep inside yourself and see if you have the love of the game you say you do .... I know OP loves the game i see it in the mod i see it in the forums and i see it around .. so please dont ruin it for the rest of us that do love the game go away... come back when you can honestly say you love the game and want to save the community.... because the only one i see trying to look ahead to the future right now is OP .. all you seem to want to do is coast till it dies .. if thats love for the game then man you need to step back and look at things again ...

• It's funny, this starts on one forum and goes from forum to forum like a brush fire out of control. When is this stuff going to stop and the different communities start working towards keeping this game alive?? Now I see why I choose to stand back and stay out of the BS. To be respectful of the different communities disputes should be handled via PM and never spill out on the forums (bad for business). I have tried working with other communities in the past but this usually get thrown back at me. There are a few that I have helped that show respect towards me and I them. Remember, respect is earned not given. Let's work together to keep this game alive and make sure it does not fall into the void.

• no - you are wrong
    I dont love the game... i love the community - well... at least parts of it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Whatever Op.

I came here to point out that there is another view on the whole matter than the Swat/Op view and that nothing is helped by having these sort of accusation threads Op likes to make.

If you need to flame me for that, have a nice angry life, I dont care.