A hearty hello and a sad goodbye...

There are 23 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hiya! I'm new to Crossfire and been playing for about a week now. I've had a blast playing and interacting with all the folks...until today. I've been hanging out in the Cust system trading between the planets when suddenly the trade lane dumps me out and I see "Drop your cargo". Of course I assume it's player-killing pirates so I bolt. Then BOOM, I'm dead and about 50 million in parts and cargo is gone. Turns out, however, it wasn't pirates but BG Spiky. Being a lowly merc, I can't tell clansmen what to do in their own system but a little courtesy goes a long way in online gaming. Even the NPC cops give a warning: " You are carrying contraband. Drop it or we open fire." the only characters in the game that shoot first and ask questions later are pirates...and that's exactly what just happened to me.

Instead of "Drop your cargo" BOOM, how about "Hey, you've got illegal goods, kindly drop it or die." I would have certainly dropped it. True, I was in a policed system with apparently an illegal load. What's contraband doing for sale at a police base in the first place? Not to mention the fact that I've been trading in this stuff all week with quite a few BG's hanging about chatting and laughing with me as I trade back and forth between the planets...and no one said squat about it.

I've uninstalled the Crossfire mod and deleted my ID. Take a little bit of advice from an old gamer...a little niceness goes a long way to keep new players. This new player is out of here.

• if you feel you would carry out some revenges - mind to join a pirate clan?

ROFL.
    Besides this m8. We all don't like to loose money. All players of all factions btw ;)
    But this incident should not have let you delete the mod and your ID... You just have start again and ask someone for some funds - there are a lot of players around who would have done so.

Nevertheless - how could you loose 50m with one break down?
    And you was in clan space (know that you was aware of this but) so Spiky was defending it (although there was no aggressive invading action foreseen). You should just reconsider. Spiky is a nice guy - and he was just doing his job (more or less).

Would be nice to see you back - really.

• You should have bothered to read the Custodian Rules on the server rules page .
    BG are a Police clan and smuggling is not allowed in our system ,you die ,as you have learnt :)
    You dont walk into someones home and do whatever you like do you ?

• I just have to troll this thread... I can't help it:

By Huor
    Spiky is a nice guy - and he was just doing his job (more or less).

By Spiky
    Honestly if everyone would wine as much as you do I'd quit right away

Good luck on the Discovery server and bye

By Wavey
    BG are a Police clan and smuggling is not allowed in our system ,you die ,as you have learnt

Just caught him coming out from Custodian...

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• Dude you are such a dumbass I pressed B as I killed him because he dropped a Shield Upgrade and wanted to give it back - obviously I beamed some of his BMGs

way to fail Jack

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• I have to agree with Spiky and Wavey on this one.. If you're gonna play in someone else's system, then you better be damned sure you know what the rules are.. and that you follow them..

Unless, of course, you are doing your RP.. in which case, you know you're gonna get into some PvP, which is what the RP is all about. That's to be expected, and you go into it knowing the risk of getting your ass blown up in space.

I have my fair share of Pirate, Smuggler and Merc chars (as being a Freelancer I can :D ), but if I'm gonna trade in a Clan System, then I'm gonna abide by the rules.

Wavey had no problem giving me permission to trade in Custo, and no one ever bothered me when I was doing it, cause I played by the rules and didn't trade or smuggle any BMG.

I'm sorry the poor dude had to learn the hard way, but it certainly pays to play fair and know what the hell playing fair means in ANY clan system. BG can certainly police their system in whatever way they see fit.. same goes for SMG, SFP, TRF and all the other clans.

I got blown outta the sky just the other week by a TRF who didn't know me.. and just because I was flying in Nephele space. [78]

That was MY mistake.. but you don't see me whining about it on the forums, or deleting the Crossfire mod because of it. [frust]

Afterward, TRF and I had a good laugh about it. No big deal and no hard feelings. 8)

If this poor dude can't take the heat, then he shouldn't have been smuggling in Custo in the first place. [7]

I certainly hope he will come back when he cools off.. after all, it IS a game.. but I'm feeling at this point that he's being a poor sport about the whole thing.

Jeezuss.. maybe I should send him a block of cheese to go with his W(h)ine.. [103]

SMG_Mizibelle, SMG_Spellcaster, SMG_Hellcat

“Being a mercenary... Hey, we just go wherever there's a mixture of money and trouble, and everyone in the galaxy is a potential customer."

• ...sorry to bother everyone. My apologies for not reading the entire forum during the last week and not being familiar with every rule of every clan.

Originally posted by Nick Danger
    ...sorry to bother everyone. My apologies for not reading the entire forum during the last week and not being familiar with every rule of every clan.

Yeah, that hits the nail smack on the head.

Especially since it is somewhat of a major task to find the darn rules in the first place.

But wait, some totally smart and funny gal (yeah, you guessed correctly: t'was me) had the great idea to put them all in one thread. It's on position 9 in the rules section now.

Easy to find....

Take care Nick, and have fun, wherever you are. *hugs*

• Yeah, it a real pity it's hard to find, especially when we tell you about the rules on several in your face easy to find pages.

Originally posted by Trainwiz
    Yeah, it a real pity it's hard to find, especially when we tell you about the rules on several in your face easy to find pages.

Idea: delete all of those other threads, except lucy's easy-to-understand overview :)

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• just get your ass back on the server and have fun

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• LOL if your a newbe i do understand how it fells, try it on dial up! lol once i get broadband,
    my REVENGE LIST WILL BE COMPLETE! MAWHAHAHA but... the list will have to wait intll then
    LOL revenge is sweet!:P

Originally posted by assault911
    LOL revenge is sweet!:P

i thought that revenge is a dish best served cold ;)

Originally posted by {LP}SaxonRaider{X}
    LOL, try doing some RP for a change! [8]

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    just get your ass back on the server and have fun

Click the image above to visit us.

• I see the BG havent lost their unique charm over the past few years and a nack for beaming BMG's by mistake:) ... who could imagine.

[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]Cpt.Gonzo [/SIZE] [/SIZE]

"Buy the ticket, take the ride!"