Singularity bomb concept

There are 82 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kregoth.

• *cough* *cough*
    This incredible idea came up during a roleplay here on the forum where some people wrote stories about terroristic attacks and military counter attacks.
    If i remember right the RP was between Kwisatz/madih/muadib/azadur/.../... and me.

The singularity bomb was actually already something that I could have introduced into the mod... but honestly it only have been a very small boom at that time.

With CF1.8 I planned to finally integrate this concept into CF... which has not been done yet. Reason for this was simply that I didnt work on such weapons yet for CF1.8... time.
    A few days ago, just when I resigned from TSP I had an idea how to improve this "small" boom which meanwhile was a medium boom.

Like most of you already have noticed the singularity bomb has something to do with blackholes. But how does that work in Freelancer?
    Many mods out there have weapons with a very high damage and big range (just like the coalition torpedo we already have in CF). Thats nothing special.

The singularity bomb will be a mass dependent weapon with high damage but very small detonation radius. Mass dependent? Small radius? How and why?

A singulary is always dependent on the mass that it can use... so a small ship or a station... even planets wont cause much effects... but a giant sun should cause a way bigger effect.

The entire concept is based on a weapon which you can fire on ships but besides making the shields collide or getting the ship to explode nothing impressive will happen. But if you fire that weapon on a sun that weapon will cause a shockwave which destroys everything in the entire system.
    So to sum up:
    Fighers = small boom
    Sun = big boom

Destruction of the system:
    since CF1.8 is going to intruduce the Destructable Univese 1.0 next to the ships also stations will be destructable. Due to the current concept status of the destructable universe feature only stations but no other objects are destructable yet... as soon we have made enough experience with this concept I want to extend this feature and write new versions where more solars get destroyed.
    This update will get done via the new CF1.8 Launcher that haegar has developed.
    So in the end even planets can get destroyed by the shockwave of the singularity bomb.

Balance:
    First off this weapon will not be available in singleplayer. It does not make much sense to blow up a system and finish a mission that way... or destroy your wingmen which need to survive.
    In multiplayer this bomb will cost you about 3-4 billion $. You will have to buy several parts of that bomb and once you have them all this bomb will be build from those parts (haegar has developed such a feature for CF1.8). Each part will cost a billion$.
    Possible parts:
    warhead
    hull
    shield (without that the bomb wouldnt survice the damage of the sun)
    engine

It can be said that this concept is based on many other new features and concepts ... due to the high price it is not unbalanced and gives a pretty good motivation to trade again ^^

I also have been thinking about adjustments to the dynamic universe connected with this feature (such as you can not enter a destroyed system for 1 week) but right now this is pure theory.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I've heard rumors of this concept before - many months back I think. Sounded intriguing at the time. With any luck it will blossom into a promising feature. Does this somehow tie into destructable stations, by any chance? :)

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Singularity bombs are like mini black holes only portable and very dangerous if I'm not mistaken ^_^

Question - since your working on it, will the Singularity bomb require a new type of weapon sub system to be able to use it? like for example the Sunlayer torpedo luancher 10 000?
    Also will the bomb be very expensive and rare since I can just see the havoc and chaos if everyone uses the singularity bomb in a arena or mass pvp xD

Originally posted by Exiler
    [..] I can just see the havoc and chaos if everyone uses the singularity bomb in a arena or mass pvp xD

I like havoc & chaos ^^

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• The singularity bomb is a mini blackhole... In fact, the singularity is the "hot spot" of a black hole, the place where everything which falls in is being... teleported, to nowhere!

This weapon would be the greatest improvement for weapons, but, as others said... it could be used in evil purposes :D . Who can stop someone from using it during a PvP...

It should be able to destroy PLANETS rather than stations. Even asteroids, nebulas, even suns... Like a real black hole :D . Theoretically, it should be able to make everything in its path to dissapear!

But now, it's up to OP on how he modifies it :D .

• Quite easy Radu, we don´t know how expensive it will be or which licence will be able to buy it, maybe it´s only selling point is somwhere deep in DK Space in a new DK Station at the End of CF 1.8 or maybe its weight needs a train or or or, you are talking to OP - the one who managed to balance around 190 Ships in CF.

You remembered the idea of cloaking fuel not to unbalancing the RP? Don´t worry, he will take care of it :)

Click the image above to visit us.

• Do not concern yourself with such devices... if the pilots, stations, planets, ect. disappear, what will remain to be shot at ? :D Besides you can just get away from it can you not ? Just activate your hyperspace window generator, pass trough the window and you're safe :). Oh and another thing - Black Holes have got to have some exit point... mass doesn't just disappear into thin air.

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• In general relativity, a black hole is a region of space in which the gravitational field is so powerful that nothing, including electromagnetic radiation (e.g. visible light), can escape its pull after having fallen past its event horizon. The term derives from the fact that absorption of visible light renders the hole's interior invisible, and indistinguishable from the black space around it.

en.Wikipedia.org

I as much as we all like to believe, that black holes have an exit point somwhere, it just ISN`T a Wormhole. Black holes just pull everything in & crush everything together to a density beyond imagination. And at the end of a black holes life (yes, even they die), it starts to emit visible light, which gets brighter & brighter, until it goes kaboom due to all the stuff compressed in the event horizon, reaches critical mass. The result - that`s where science ends & imagination begins. My theory is, that a new universe forms (hence, a new big bang)...

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• well jack what they said about disappearing isn't quie true. the gravitational forces from a black hole cause everything to be crushed to the size of a molecule so it is still there but impossible to see with the naked eye.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
    [85] [731]

• proposal:

OP, please don´t create anything what will end up all lifes on Earth and the simple being of any mass itself even when CF would be the starting point.

Or at least let´s all join TRF before, so we are secure to resurrect somewhere.

• ahh I see i forgot to finish this one

will be done this afternoon

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R

If i remember right the RP was between Kwisatz/madih/muadib/azadur/.../... and me.

I declare this was nothing to do with me as I am against weapons of mass destruction that could harm innocent people.

Could be Saxon though.

OP have you signed up to my campaign for environmentally friendly ordinance?

• no - not yet
    but I finally have updated the first post

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    I also have been thinking about adjustments to the dynamic universe connected with this feature (such as you can not enter a destroyed system for 1 week) but right now this is pure theory.

EEERRRMMM - OK that might prove messy xD - can just see it the entire freelancer CF universe online is closed for a week cause everyone is enjoying the fact to blow up systems haha

• yeah right - that would mean to waste about 500billion$

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• sounds awesome, cant wait to colelct the parts. btw, i think vyssotsky will be the ruler of CF then, with his 100000bil deposits.

Plastic surgery since 1500 AD

---
    o
    L_
    OL
    This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.

• So if anyone is eager enough to destroy a clans home system where all the Clans Stores are parking...

GREAT! :D

May we have a 10 times more expensive anti - singularity bomb aswell? :D Otherwise we have to organize System Guards - CF would become the most frequented FL Server ever.

Where the best possibility could be to nuke X so only some clans would be able to enter their systems :D

Letter from unknown: "Since you taxed me with 1 Mil credits I was nuking your system, kind regards unknown!"

I see many big laughs appearing :)

• if really neccessary clan systems can get excluded

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,