ID problems in SP

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Alex "Dante" Brennan.

• Tried reinstalling FL, FLMM, and CF multiple times, but still having problems.

I'm looking to play Single Player, but I'm running into issues with ship and item IDs. I haven't gone beyond the first mission, but many of the commodities have "IDS?" Listed as the name, as well as some having no infocard. Then when I launch, none of the ships have any names. Same for planets, gates, etc. When I started the game, when I arrive in Liberty, it even said "IDS?" when it should have listed the planet I was at in the opening cinimatic. I followed the installation guide, but still no go.

• maybe one of the files is write protected and thats why the ids dont get installed

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• after u install normal Freelancer(mod not activate yet)
    follow this step:
    - go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games
    - then right click the freelancer folder and choose/click properties.
    - look at below where there is little box.
    - there is two box 1 is read-only and 1 is hidden.
    - click the read-only box to make the box empty(no right symbol)
    - then click apply and wait until it finish.
    - after that click ok.

its from http://www.swat-portal.com/php…b4f122f80496aa050f7b0d66f

hope it help....

edit: after the last step, install cf and try running it.

wait till it really finish update the click on the button..

• Hello

I'm having the same problem since the past year when i downloaded this mod (a great mod :) ) ... Almost everything is "IDS?" or just empty spaces... Weapons, some new commodities, Sol and Coalition work fine, but the rest is ids and empty. We tried a lot of things, but nothing solved it. I gave it up long time ago. I'm waiting for the CF 1.8 and see what happens.