No patrols? No attacks?

There are 32 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Zeroth.

• I Installed the CF mod yesterday. I noted that when i fly through Nebulas and Asteroid-Fields i doesn't get attacked from pirats, and there are no patroling ships any more.
    This is very boring. Is there a way to reactivate this function?

P.S. sorry for my bad english, im only a german :P

• i

doesn't get attacked from pirats, and there are no patroling ships any more.

1. Are you playing single- or multi-player?
    2. Does your reputation board show you as neutral (white) with the local criminals?
    3. Do you have any other mods active when you activate Crossfire?

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• I´m playing single-player and i have no other mods.
    I fly only through hostile areas.

An example:
    Before i installed the CF mod, i got massive attaked from pirats (outcasts, cosairs.......) when i warped into a hostile area. BUT NO ANY LONGER!
    An other:
    When i fly through Nebulas, i meet anytime patroling ships (neutral, friendly, hostile) BUT NO ANY LONGER!

I am totally helpless!!!! [659]

• Now i was in over 10 systems and i flyed through dozens of Nebulas and Asteroid-Fields. Its everywhere the same. Not even one NPC-fighter!

• nothing has changed in that case
    it is still the vanilla behaviour and ive never heard about such problems before

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I too have said about this, no Xenos around Detroit or the NY / Colorado gate, no rogues in any of the NY debris fields, no outcasts in Texas, no junkers outside of their own bases areas, I can fly through practically any system that isn't specific to a faction without once getting attacked, nor do I see any bounty hunter, police or navy patrols along their patrol paths.

• the spawn behavious is the distance when they spawn
    not more
    other than that nothing has changed so if you ask me to change or fix something i can only say that i can not fix something that has not been changed

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I don't have this problem. And the vast majority (read: 99.9%) of other players don't

Corrupted install maybe?

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

Corrupted install maybe?

A likely candidate, but also a possibility is a corrupted downlaod file; it does take a while, after all. NPC's in many systems are quite lethal even at high player levels, with a good ship loadout. It may be necessary to DL Crossfire again. This time however, follow the exact install procedure outlined in the CF Guide, elsewhere on these forums...

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

• most ppl complained in the past 2 years that CF is too hard coz of the npcs

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Rofl I ignore them most of the time. I occasionally go to Outer Dyson Sphere and whack a couple of hundred nomads when there's nothing better to do otherwise to me they're just the next trade lane/cruise disruptors for my train or if I'm traveling somewhere. Although CF Single Player was quite challenging I've gotta admit it :D
    Anyways I'd try to reinstall my whole FL + CF if the thing that you mentioned happend to me.

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• So, I have redownload the CF mod and reinstalled the Game+mod, but its still the same problem

Originally posted by phileditin
    I too have said about this, no Xenos around Detroit or the NY / Colorado gate, no rogues in any of the NY debris fields, no outcasts in Texas, no junkers outside of their own bases areas, I can fly through practically any system that isn't specific to a faction without once getting attacked, nor do I see any bounty hunter, police or navy patrols along their patrol paths.

"Phileditin" has the same problem. This may be no coincidence.
    I am very desperate!!! ;(

• Try multiplayer; humans are deadlier than NPC's any day... :evil: