Graphics gone bad!

There are 34 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by X-Ray.

• There you go ^^

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• works perfectly on my laptop with vista, the whole picture is kinda misty tho.

• It´s working on my Notebook too, because it´s Graphics Card is better ;)

But i would like to play it on my Workstation too - with or without the new Graphics - i just want to play CF ^^

Click the image above to visit us.

• All I get is the normal "Freelancer.EXE has encountered an error and needs to close" message right when I start the launcher, I tried pushing shift F12 and shift F9 keys before it crashes, but it didnt make any difference. If I do wait before clicking the "dont send" option, it lets me go into the single player part but not the multiplayer, and even when I do go into the single player everything is screwed up. I dont think its my video card because im using one of the newest Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT PCI Express cards...

Correction, I fixed my problem

• I have come to a very odd conclusion. For those that are getting the error problem, dont close the error message, instead leave it alone and see if the launcher will still update, if it does then just wait for the multiplayer to become enabled and click on it, then before the game actually launches close the error message, the game should still work, or at least it does for me.

• need confirmation

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• my freelancer crash direct after the introfilm, no menue apear no chance to switch the grafic off

-------------(IOC)X-Ray---------------(IOC)Anubis--------------

• I could not get this too work but I don't think I have the same problem.

The error message comes up after the launcher has updated and the Multiplayer button has become active.

I did try leaving the error message up and starting the launcher again. Gave it a good long time before doing anything. With the error message up I could not see any other windows so I OKed the message and fired up multiplayer again (the launcher was ready and updated).

I got the same error message.

Lt-Cornel Ancalagon the Black

The early bird might get the worm
    but
    The second mouse gets the cheese

• ok ive deactivated the update procedure for this dx hook
    if you want to remove it you only need to delete the d3d8.dll from the freelancer/exe directory

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I can confirm that removal of that dll has resolved my problem.

If you need any further assistance to get this sorted I am happy to do what I can. You have my ICQ details and I am willing to test and provide feedback while you work on the problem. Or in any other way I can help.

Lt-Cornel Ancalagon the Black

The early bird might get the worm
    but
    The second mouse gets the cheese

Originally posted by X-Ray
    my freelancer crash direct after the introfilm, no menue apear no chance to switch the grafic off

after i have delate the d3d8.dll
    no problems anymore

-------------(IOC)X-Ray---------------(IOC)Anubis--------------