Crossfire Server + Mod

There are 42 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• In the past weeks it was very hard to motivate myself to work on CF1.8 due to troubles between FL communities, troubles between CF clans, stupid negative crap talk, thousands of requests from community members and tons of other bullshit.
    Its hard to work without motivation and its getting worse with every day.

I did some decisions based on this. Decisions which had to be done in order to keep working on CF, decisions which had to be done for the community, decisions which are simply needed.

So lets start with the first changes.
    Originally I am bound to a contract regarding the CF server but i was able to convince the provider to do a server change.
    At the end of this month/beginning next month it is possible to get a new/better server for the new CF mod and the new tools. The new server is going to be much more powerful than our current one (and that will be needed if we want to raise the numbers of players to 128 ^^)

This deal that i made with the provider is optional... that means i dont have to use this option.
    And there you guys appear on the scence... I want you to solve your problems with each other in the next 3 weeks... i want you to solve the RP shit... i want you to solve the ASF/CSF Event...i want the SWAT FAQ... I wan the new CF logo and i want the event overview so i can post it on the CF page (i know Lashan once submitted something similar... so you should ask her)
    thats the deal between you and me... you have 3 weeks to do your job... if you succeed you get a new server... if not you will have to live with the old one until the contract does end and CF goes offline. Your choice.

Another decision i made was a rather hard one for me since i always wanted to work alone on CF. But time is very rare atm so it might take ages until i can finish the new CF version... and i doubt that this would be in your interest.

So i decided to give out jobs to community members in order to get CF finished much sooner.

i need modelers

i need ppl working on the infocards

i need ppl creating new infocards

i need ppl working on surs

i need ppl working on starspheres

i need ppl working on new effects

i need ppl writing quests

i need ppl creating new interfaces

i need texturers which help me to re-texture the coalition ships

i need ppl getting new planetary textures for CF

i need ppl which can created working wireframes

i could do all that stuff alone... but like i already said... it takes much time
    and since those tasks are not that complicated coz i would give detailed instructions you could speed up the development of CF1.8 heavily
    so i can work on the more complicated stuff and believe me i want CF1.8 to be double size of CF1.7 and tripple fun... basically the best mod in FL (again)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    I want the new CF logo and i want the event overview

can do both just give me the details.
    image: size, anything special needed
    overview: ?? like list of events - when? where? how?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i'd like to finally see ASF vs CSF in action :] must be amazing from the sound of it :)

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• I have already done considerable work on infocard content (I still have the content for 150+ infocards I wrote last year), so I volunteer for this item. I did not search very hard for the actual infocard files last time, so if this is what you need, then point me in the right direction, and I'll do complete files. I am guessing that you also want infocards for new planets, bases & systems? Then I would need some advance details about these.

I think I can also handle one or two quests, if you give me a starting point for the ideas you were already considering; this is easier than submitting a complete story, only to find I've gone in the wrong direction! :(

The ASF/CSF event should not be hard to complete, since we already have a complete set of rules and a funtional RRS. I'll send the system update to Hagar tonite. If we can get the clan leaders to complete the ongoing discussion in the next week, that part will be done. :))

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• I am not an image/coder person, so I can't help you there.

I can, however, help with infocards. What exactly would you like done?

--Should I begin writting whatever I feel is correct/admissable for each infocard, and then send to you?

--Should I go through all the systems looking/testing the infocards and report the errors/blank ones to you, or someone above me?

Anyways, let me know -- I'm always willing to help.

• Centaurian: a reminder - the table of systems r hold in a configuration file on the server. u will need Op to edit them...

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

In the past weeks it was very hard to motivate myself to work on CF1.8 due to troubles between FL communities, troubles between CF clans, stupid negative crap talk, thousands of requests from community members and tons of other bullshit.
    Its hard to work without motivation and its getting worse with every day.

Hm... reminds me on something...^^

This deal that i made with the provider is optional... that means i dont have to use this option.
    And there you guys appear on the scence... I want you to solve your problems with each other in the next 3 weeks... i want you to solve the RP shit... i want you to solve the ASF/CSF Event...i want the SWAT FAQ... I wan the new CF logo and i want the event overview so i can post it on the CF page (i know Lashan once submitted something similar... so you should ask her)
    thats the deal between you and me... you have 3 weeks to do your job... if you succeed you get a new server... if not you will have to live with the old one until the contract does end and CF goes offline. Your choice.

I hope we can help as much as possible

i need ppl working on the infocards

i need ppl creating new infocards

Sounds interesting. Please inform me what is necessary. Maybe i can help with that.
    CA I appreciate any information about that.

How much knowledge of 3D design is necessary (milkshape, 3ds-max, blender...)? How much graphic design would be necessary?

I am able to work with photo-shop and corel for my needs. But i am not sure if this would be enough for a mod design...

• i just need one guy for infocards
    and i cant answer anything about how hard it is since this would only a subjective oppinion that i have to answer with "hard does not exist"

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Ok so CA seems to be the best person for the infocards stuff as he did it in the past.
    @CA - then pls dont get me informed - would onyl be a waste of time^^

Then i am going to have a look what i can do/help with the moddeling stuff. I am out of time to learn 3d moddeling - so for the most open points i am out (sry to say this - but my workday really needs much of my time) so my motivation for learning new stuff (3d modeling) is nearly sero^^ -> thats why i said it reminds me on something...

dunno where else i could help? Maybe moderator for clearing RP shit...

• I´m sure that War Commander aka Bahamut would be a perfect addition for the grafical stuff such as textures and so on - maybe Huor could ask him to have a look at this thread.

I even would offer some help if i would find anything matching my "skills".

I am able to handle a grafics program for personal or web based usage or a Windows Server - btw. which kind of interfaces was in your mind?

So - atm. i can´t say yes to a special topic - maybe some more info would bring me to the point.

Click the image above to visit us.

• cant give out more info

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Good idea Kermit - i am going to send Bahamut an information about this thread. althought he wont understand what is wrote in here as he has some problems for understanding english...

But nevertheless i can ask him^^

Indeed OP - i can do some textures maybe if i had a clue how it has to look. Sry i am not very familiar with mods, textures as this would be my first interference in such a thing. I hope i can assist in some graphic stuff

• considering my computer skills i could only help with "solving the rp shit"
    that part of OP's list is not covered yet, but i don't even know what the problem about the rp is.

• lucy... go online and take a look around. look at the chat [if only you could see PMs]. you could look at the bounties too

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

btw. which kind of interfaces was in your mind?

Kermit: This could either be HUD (new color/style) &/or new cockpits, for the new ships. If there were 6 or so new cockpits, this could be used in conjunction with re-texturing Coalition ships, and/or creating new looks for the newer CF ships... 8)

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

Originally posted by Centaurian

Kermit: This could either be HUD (new color/style) &/or new cockpits, for the new ships. If there were 6 or so new cockpits, this could be used in conjunction with re-texturing Coalition ships, and/or creating new looks for the newer CF ships... 8)

Thanks for the Info Mate - well thats not my world too... :(

Anyway, i can do anything with bini or the inifiles itself. Just give a shout if i may help...

Click the image above to visit us.

• I can help with something...i am to young but i will try,just tell me with what.