My Resignation as SP

There are 52 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by privateer.

• I am formerly submitting my resignation as Server Police. Unless there is good cause for me to remain, which I do not see at this point.

I have endured the personal attacks, the abuse of the forum attacks and cowardly acts of others using my clan as a means to paying me back for decisions I made as SP.

I have been called a bully, unfair and other choice words. So good luck keeping the peace, you will need it.

The abuse of the bounty system to make the life of CFPD miserable is intolerable and from now on, as we demonstrated tonight, we will defend ourselves by any and all means.

Edit: Furthermore, when 1.8 is released, I may choose not to return to CF.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• I am still very new to the server but would like to comment on a simple observation.

I have noticed that many players find it difficult to to see the difference from the SP char and the game char!

I could go on.... but I ask you all to stop and think, consider how hard it is to wear two hats and remain respected?

I mearly state this as a noob and point out that Gunny is not the only SP who I have personnaly witnessed recieve "comments" when trying to play and have fun and not be SP.

I also point out that things said to me by a SP char have been hard to swallow but I have and further more I have left it at just that!

I have found this server very welcomming and I have really enjoyed all the personalities here from all clans. It saddens me to think that others do not feel the same way!

I also wonder why it is so hard to see that we NEED people to ensure that fair play is present? Just think of when you have had needed a SP to help and now ask this to yourself.."are we better off without em?"

• i hope u will stay and make some good rps.

on the other hand, maybe sp job was just not 4 u. u can always call it a bad decision in the 1st place.

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,
    Until only the mountain remains.

- Li Po

Originally posted by goodone
    i hope u will stay and make some good rps.

on the other hand, maybe sp job was just not 4 u. u can always call it a bad decision in the 1st place.

He has been SP nearly for an eternity. I may not like him too much but I think he knew how to do the job of Server Police. :):rolleyes:

THE FASTEST ONE

Originally posted by supercars

He has been SP nearly for an eternity. I may not like him too much but I think he knew how to do the job of Server Police. :):rolleyes:

maybe he did. nevertheless, as Ozymandius already stated, one cannot wear two hats without consequences.

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,

- Li Po

• I would like to think that I understand what is wrong more than would meet the eye, but I'm not sure if I'll ever know that. Your effort and tolerance have been extraodinary - I have only been here for two years and you've done so much. Few people here I imagine have a true grasp on how truly expansive your contributions and dark the hardships have been. Whatever ends up happening I hope that you find peace and solace. So many other words I can think of would be meaningless at this point, so I suppose I'll leave it at that... :\

Edited edit: ^^

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• no disrespect. i don't even know gunny. if he did things wrong, op (or entire cf community) would not have kept him for so long as an sp. i have no doubt about that.

i am just recalling on how human mind works.

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,

- Li Po

• Gunny please check your PMs.

As for the resignation - I know you are tired, I know you want to do this for quite some time and you know what I think about it X( . But it's only you who can decide what to do.

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

one cannot wear two hats without consequences

goodone: every server clan is allotted one (1) Server Police representative. This means pirates, police, mercs, traders, all of whom share the responsibility for eliminating cheats, bullying, poor sportsmanship, and verbal abuse by players on the server. All of whom have VOLUNTEERED to serve the community, to make CF a fun place for ALL players. For you to insinuate that just because a player has taken this responsibility, that they DESERVE to be abused, indicates that you are probably one of those heaping abuse on him.

Server Police are essential, and they sacrifice a great measure of gameplay just to make CF playable. If players cannot allow SP's to have some game fun, then they do not deserve to be on this server, IMO, and that would include YOU. Server Police are approved by OP himself, and any conflict you have with the SP's is disrespect not only for them, but for OP himself. You are walking on very thin ice, indeed, making these kinds of comments, and I recommend you reconsider your attitude, before it gets you banned... [3]

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Um.... I think he's just trying to say it will always be a different experience for people that are server police as well as players..... It can cause problems.... as well as solving them.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    - Attributed to General George Patton Jr

• Gunny was/is the head/commander of the Server Poilce for a GOOD reason and has been deservedly so, and hes put up with far more crap than most of you could fathom, which most of you have thrown at him.

"one cannot wear two hats without consequences"

well thats only due to the fact that other ppl cant distinguish between his SP role and his ingame role, not Gunny's fault. due to ignorance and arrogance of other players. Gunny has never confused his roles here as long as ive been here, because apparently hes one of the few that does understand where the roles are seperate.

when i was SP i put up with much the same treatment - not to such a severe extent as Gunny has been treated - the major reason why i resigned. the way the SP are treated here is disgusting and its one of the reasons why i dont play often anymore. why should anyone put thierselves out for others just to recieve abuse?!!

well ppl you deserve what you get imo. lets see what happens the next time a server side dispute erupts and Gunny isnt there to mediate your petty arguments, or to stop you from throwing personal insults and attacking other players.

Gunny:
    you have allways had my respect as SP and as a player on this server m8. its a shame that these ppl have pushed you too your limits - yet again. i hope you reconsider your resignation as i can invisage the server going into anarchic chaos without your enforcement as SP.

@everyone:
    imo 3 ppl on the server have RIGHT to comment on anything ive posted here: Gunny, OP and Canoso, and i welcome thier critisism. everyone else has never been in the same position on this server to have an insight.

buck up ppl and stop biting the hand that feeds you. play by the rules and stop with this endless bullshit that is evidently driving the longer standing players away from this server.

@clan leaders:
    pull your clansman into line or kick them out for non-compliance...an act of the individual is an act of a clan. if they cant follow the rules then they dont deserve the tags. stop posting the rules and try enforcing them for a change, only then may you get a taste of the shit Gunny has put up with^^

have fun all.

Originally posted by Doppleganger
    @everyone:
    imo 3 ppl on the server have RIGHT to comment on anything ive posted here: Gunny, OP and Canoso, and i welcome thier critisism. everyone else has never been in the same position on this server to have an insight.

So no comments from me^^

BTW: Sad story...

I shut up!

• Gunny, remember what i did tell you in Custo a few weeks ago: Show these attacks the middle finger & keep on your great job.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• Good luck Gunny

I don't even understand how you put up with it for so long.

It must be you are much older (:-)) and have a greater sense of responsiblity to the community.

Maybe this bounty system needs to be taken offline for a few weeks as we have shown again I think, any gifts from OP and Haeger are quickly abused.

Even perceived abuse of this system is something to think about.

• Don't do it Gunny. I know u can make it tru

We are with u. Keep doing ur great job ;)

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• I totally understand your reason for wanting to step down mate.

I personally hope you reconsider your decision as i believe you have done a grand job as SP and will continue to do so if you stay in the role.

I hope the server unites here and rallys to get gunny back as SP.

*Salutes to the old warrior*

[5] Evil is just a word .. Me in a fighter is the reality [5]

[SIZE=3]BloodGuard Red Wing Leader[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]ASF Fleet Commander[/SIZE]

• The bounty system needs to stay, but it is being used to single out specific players for malicous reasons. That is what needs to stop.

@Dopp....these people don't want any sort of law & order at all, they want to be able to do as they please, say what they want and mod files to get the edge. I am also moving aside so I can deal with specific people who think they are here to keep me at bay.......look out, here I come.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Your reasons are your own and you leave behind a legacy of one of the best SP's the server has had in my opinion :D

Pie? Rats? In space? Have you gone mad?
    {LP}.Mu_La_Flaga.{X}
    {LP}Gilliam{X}
    {LP}Rabid_Cat{X}
    {LP}Hizack_Nomad{X}
    Arrrr Pirates Arrrr!!
    AND OH NOEZ A PIRATE TRAIN >.>
    {LP}Mu_La_Train{X}

Originally posted by Gunny
    @Dopp....these people don't want any sort of law & order at all, they want to be able to do as they please, say what they want and mod files to get the edge. I am also moving aside so I can deal with specific people who think they are here to keep me at bay.......look out, here I come.

I'm glad I'm not server-side anymore :D

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    - Attributed to General George Patton Jr

Originally posted by Gunny

I am also moving aside so I can deal with specific people who think they are here to keep me at bay.......look out, here I come.

Now that sounds like fun -

I may even come online to witness the plan put into action for CNN reporting purpose -

Like Shannow - the Jerusalum Man - I see the Sword of Damocles hovering over the "Specific People"

In a loud booming voice

"Beware!! Flee!! Your fate has been sealed!!!"