Interesting

There are 24 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Crimson Guard.

• signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Nice summary - and it looks pretty accurate considering the number of old geezers I meet in game.

Maybe the 57 65+ year olds can form their own clan and some sort of Lords Tribunal where all our petty squabling and fighting gets resolved?

These geezers probably have lots of wisdom.

We can call it the Crossfire Ancients Club or even the Solomon Soothsayers.

Noce to see also a third of us are women - and that explains a lot about some people online too.

:-)

it looks pretty accurate considering the number of old geezers I meet in game.

[12] There seems to be a fairly large gap between the "geezers" and the "youth"...perhaps those in between foolishly did not heed their elders' advice and have perished accordingly! 8o BTW, "old" is a state of mind; unfortunately, many people arrive there before their bodies do... :P

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Shouldnt there be a category for 15-17 for people like me?

Its frustrating that us youths are left out of the statistical analysis yet again - shame!"!

• I r 17! I got left out :(

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    - Attributed to General George Patton Jr

• there is just one question that comes to my mind
    where do they get that information from?

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• yes, they get "Gender" and "Age" prob from board emmeberlist somehow, but "Household Income", "Head of Household Education" and "Children Ages 6-17 in Household" is not to be found anywhere here, but must be coming from linked info somewhere else? (thats probably why they say "We have sparse data about swat-portal.net, so these are rough estimates.")

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• Maybe OP has been selling our personal details to US marketing companies.

I think we all should expect some unsolicited emails from dodgy US firms selling life insurance and enquiring whether we want to pay $100 for a health check.

OP? how much did you get to sell us down the river and will you invest those funds into the maintenance of the server or buy yourself a new holiday home in Florida?

Doesn't Data Protection exist in this place?

I am calling my lawyer - Tito where are you mate?

Originally posted by Azadur
    Nice summary - and it looks pretty accurate considering the number of old geezers I meet in game.
    Noce to see also a third of us are women - and that explains a lot about some people online too.

not sure about those readings of the data... at the top of the gender graph it sais 100 is the internet average, but not neccesarily the internet average in male and female population is the same

i mean, we can see the site has a 50% male attendance above the internet average, and a 50% female attendace below internet average. now think in whats internet average: 50/50?, 60/40?, 75/25?... those percents should be modified to take that into account...

even in the case its 50/50, female gets only 50 from a total of 200 and thas a 25%, not a third ^^

the same applies to age graph...

i wonder also how they can state the household income of someone just studying the number of monthly visits :/

on the other hand, that study includes only U.S. visitors... considering swat-portal is an european site with many visitors from europe and some from australia and south-america which arent take into account, i must cast doubt about the accuracy and reliability of the results shown in those graphs :rolleyes:

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Bunny thinks Ed is not as cool as him

• Right - I have checked all OPs emails and run a info scanner through his harddrive - he has been secretly compiling dodgy dossiers on each char on Crossfire - apparently he gets $50.00 for each submission - I have found mine - and I can PM the rest out - if you ask - for $49.99.

Maudib

Gender: Depends on the roleplay situation - Transexual Geobender

Age: Much lower since he removed the grey hairs - about 20 I would say

Hosuehold Income: Negative equity due to lack of tax receipts collected - but Dead Tea Trading company doing well. Pretending to be dead for 6 months for tax reasons.

Head of Household Education: He uses his fingers

No of Children 6-17 in Household: Depends if you count the legal offspring only or all of them

• from my point of view (and i am a lover of statistics ^^)

201 US User completly

180 are 18 - 24 28,9 %
    111 are 25 - 34 17,82 %
    57 are 35 - 44 9,15 %
    161 are 45 - 54 25,84 %
    57 are 55 - 64 9,15 %
    57 are 65+ 9,15 %

that means we have a summary of 623 personalities with 201 users from the US. 3,1 persons for every User, which isn´t much because of the internet users gameing transverse section of rough 23 (1 per game).

So if we count the 201 users to 300 % (because of the split personalities) we can state the following secure:

we have 58,07 real and 116,4 fake chars in the age of 18-24
    we have 35,81 real and 71,62 fake chars in the age of 25-34
    we have 18,39 real and 36,78 fake chars in the age of 35-44
    we have 51,94 real and 103,88 fake chars in the age of 45-54
    we have 18,39 real and 36,78 fake chars in the age of 55-64 and
    we have 18,39 real and 36,78 fake chars in the age of 65+

remember its only US based...

and i wonder that so many real 18-24 aged persons fakes to 65+ ;)

It would be interesting to get the 17- group in here too i bet i could give a statistical evidence about some kids having kids which are older than themselfes ;)

Click the image above to visit us.

• Argos

Gender: Male but in those days of Jason and his Argonauts - there was a lot of experimentation

Age: Wedding plans had temporaraliy aged him but last few weeks his youthful looks are returning, but he wears a confused look every now and again due to ongoing assessment of happy relationships recently elevated to plateuas beyond imagining

Hosuehold Income: Unemployed student with too much time on his hands - main bread winner is notable bounty hunter without equal - and she is pleasant about it too. Member of FAT CAT Imperium based in Diamond System of Hiruga - therefore Mulit Billionaire 6 times over.

Head of Household Education: Expert on films and politics - can use a calculator with two hands!!

No of Children 6-17 in Household: Give em a chance!!

• At least some of those numbers must be bogus unless the site has sent dataminers to all of our PCs. Also, since citizens of the US are a minority here this does not give a very accurate demographic of CF users overall. Good find though OP, I didn't know there were websites out there that studied and analyzed others statistically.

@Az: [rofl]

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

OP? how much did you get to sell us down the river and will you invest those funds into the maintenance of the server or buy yourself a new holiday home in Florida?

holiday home

i was selling the data to us military... hope gunny got the secret delivery

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Don't get a holiday home on the Gulf of Mexico or the American south Atlantic coast, OP. The periodic hurricanes and tornadoes will screw you at some point or another. You'd probably be better off on the Pacific coast of Mexico or somewhere in the Rockies, where there are fewer people around and it's nicer (not to mention cheaper) anyway. I suppose either way though it's better than the Black Triangle.

Hmm... I'd better be going. Now that my diobolical coniving has been revealed I must pack my things and dissapear before the guys in the ray-bands knock on the door. :P

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Now OP that is bad. :P

btw I thought Gunny had retired from the Army. :rolleyes:8o

I guess I could borrow the Abrahams Tank after all. :D

THE FASTEST ONE

• The site tells who the info has been submitted by so look at the name and see who know so much or mayb the person that hacked the portal decides to just tell all our info for all the net to know.

• @SUPER....to no fault of your sir, I am a retired United States Marine. Please make note of that.

@Op, guess they finally figured out where I have been the past few days^^

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.