Did anyone actually play beyond the storyline in SP?

There are 16 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Marauder.

• Well did anyone?

Personally, I played for a little while and bossted my pilot rank, but really I found there was very little to do in it compared to other games.

• i switched to MP shortly after i finished the story line missions for the first time.

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• I couldn't get past the mission to destroy the satelite in New York. For some reason my puny little level 6 guns were having a lot of trouble taking down those fighters. :D

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• When i got nothing to do, i`m finishing the story for 1 day, and comming back online :D

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• Lance 8o . I finished it without noticing there is a thruster. Found it later in multiplayer :D:D . It was damn hard to go tru the storyline without using it :D:D .

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

• Lol, I might go back and use engine kill and the thrusters in sinc. It's helped me lately be more efficient at killing nomads so maybe that poor little Dragon in SP will be able to fight a little more fiercely this time around. Really weird though, I could do missions in that ship vs waves of Titans and sometimes could kill Unknown nomads with it, but for some reason those liberty fighters with the nomie guns pwn me. :P

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• i played the singleplayer first and only time 3 years after i got FL
    and that only because i was forced to play it in order to find bugs

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• played SP over about 30 times at least, some with mods on.

i actually didnt really want to mod my FL the first year i had it because i thought some mods may harm it. so played pure vannila for a little over a year.
    i learned quite alot during then ^^ i found that somewhat engojyable before mods because u did everything the "old fashioned way" and not with any mods activated. i would download some mods and make a save file for every single ship in the mod - and not really fly them much :D this was sort of a hobby for me for some reason.

actually i think i may play it over again sometime soon ^^ gives alot of forshadowing...that and u get to see a Nomad for 5 seconds... :)) lol

• I`ve finished SP exactly 143 times with & without mods. Hey... i didnt have anything else to do in hospital ^^ But after i fiished the Storyline the very 1st time i did play it further... The thrill to explore drived me.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• SP is about all I play. I sometimes go online but not often, as I don't like all the Lag that makes a huge difference between players, almost an unseen cheat.

I have also found that many people that cannot finish the storyline jump online and are good online. Yet I find people that are really good in SP cannot play MP at all. Very weird IMO.

I like SP in OpenSP and in storyline. I play past the storyline myself as I have modded the levels so that it takes longer to get to level 40 which I modded to 999 million so it takes awhile to beat the SP game that way.

If you have cable or you are close to the server, I can see playing MP. However, even with DSL lag can be about as bad as dialup. In PvP, just a little on your side means dead or alive. I have a very good connection myself but PvP with someone that has a slow connection to me is really not much of a fight/win. So I mod SP to be very hard in-fact much harder then MP again IMO. In addition, I am a hermit most of all. :P

• i play SP when there is no connection for MPL. A lot far then the missions. DK and normads are much more strong or often then in MPL.

-------------(IOC)X-Ray---------------(IOC)Anubis--------------

• indeed - i designed the singleplayer to be a bit more challenging coz there are no real players
    basically there are more npcs in sp

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I played single player for about 2 years and half, with some interruptions of course, mainly cause I didn0t had an Internet connection at home.

Made a save game for each top fighter faction: Corsairs, Outcasts, GMG, bounty hunter's and Hessians. At a certain point I just played about a missions for day, just for the rush, msotly against Bounty Hunter's in Gamma.

The good part of it was to read all the rumor's, and Info Cards availabel.

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• i play alot FL sinle player , with and without mods but is really without mods to easy . with your flyby bigdadys mod is harder but totally unbalanced imho ( npc still shoot only to PC not to wingmans and when 20 kusari try kill u in tuhoku mision and totally ignoring all your wingmans is stupid imho) and i try many other mods but there IS NO really balanced single player mod i hope that someday will be 88 flak ai based single player mod for fl ( i mean camagin couse is posble to play 88 flak single but without campagin) u know only modet ships reall balanced make it more real not that rheiland ships and weaps just pwned liberty , but not like starflier with lvl 10 weaps . maybe something like npc fly wild range of ships from lvl 1 shpis to lvl 30 in all systems exacly police use best ships weaps ble ble ble and really good ai is needet cose now only 88 flak ai is real ai rest just know how to use big loads of nanos ( in flak 88 npcs dont atack only player just every easy target for them in all rest they when can atack PC i say in sp mode) ther is tons off really good multiplayer mods but no single one with new storyline real storyline or extendet orginal storyline , all most of mods to sp just totally unbalance add tons of uber ships and otehr ( like freelancer rebalnce mod ) it should got name totally unbalance mod anyway cya i know i make huge of top but i try find good sp mo by few weeks and nothing :( i wanna 88 flak ai in sp campagin i wanna i wanna :( :(

• I player completely through single player in 10 different mods before I found Crossfire. CF was so much more challenging that it quickly became the only mod for me. Thats why I choose to start playing MP....even more challenge (although it would be nice if there was no such thing as lag) :D

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D