Beta accounts

There are 42 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Centaurian.

• hm you were saying it is a 'number'!
    I see numbers all over the place^^.
    Is it some kind of a code with more than 1 digit or really just the numbers "1-12" hidden in some objects? What really helps would be a hint on how to make sure this is the code/number and not just a random typo.

• just submit everything you find ^^

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I should start looking.... I was actually expecting people to have fanatically rushed to find them all by now. :P

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Years?....;(
    this sounds like fun, good thinking op! [w00t]
    Hunting season is here!8)
    time to get out the ol rustbucket.. :D

[wikipedia][/wikipedia][google][/google]

AMD Phenom 9550 quad-core @ 2.20 Ghz
    5.00 Gb DDR3 Ram
    800 Gb HD
    22" HD wide-screen
    Logitech g15 gamer keyboard and mouse
    Plantronics Game-com 5.1 headset
    Comfy chair
    16 oz quad-shot Americano with cream 8o 8o 8o 8o Woo!

PS 86:11

Originally posted by {LP}SaxonRaider{X}
    what happens if it takes years to find the codes, we wait years for 1.8 ? 8o8)

then the mods gets better and better in that time ^^

btw. one code has been found already
    (not telling who it has)
    and ill give out a bonus account to CA for creativity... hell i couldnt imagine where he would look for that code

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    and ill give out a bonus account to CA for creativity... hell i couldnt imagine where he would look for that code

... so this has to tell us its very easy to find - and no one is clever enough to find it (better you watch your whiskey bottles, maybe the code is there^^)

... or it's very hard to find... on the back of a sun surface, below your shoes...

previous found a code, but i thought it's a normal rp code, because everyone at the bar did know something about it... ;( - BTW i hadnt made screenies *howl*

Thanks, OP! You said it could be ANYTHING, so I was looking @ EVERYTHING... !! And still, I doubt that I had found even 1 thing... 8o

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Since the event started a lot of people including me were re-exploring the space in order to find whatever is 'unusual'. So far a lot of stuff has been found but seeing everything 'unusual' which got reported is still there I wonder about the chances of success in general.
    Those people determined and encouraged to find one of the codes in the beginning have lost their interest over frustration now. Exploring the entire space and afterwards realizing everything you sent in still exists is quite a downer.

There are plenty of ways to encourage each and everyone again to search out for a code. For example it would really help if its going to be announced that (or when) a new code is being put in. That way everybody has the same chance of finding the one single code out there in universe. Right now you never know if the code has allready been found and with that fact in the back of your head its hard to keep continueing sweeping entire CF again and again.
    Another way would be to put in 2 codes at the same time to increase everyones chances of finding.
    Another way would be to restrict the search for everyone on lets say dockable stations and storage depots. dunno. Right now it could be everywhere and I mean everywhere^^.
    eg.: suns, planets (their docking ring, their mooring fixture), stations, storage depots, gas miner, asteroid miner, tradelanes, jumpholes/jumpgates, wrecks, non-dockable NPC stations like Nomad/DK and lets not forget about the onMouseOver tooltip on any of the above mentioned objects including various clouds, nebulas and asteroid fields as tolltip popup on the navmap. There could also be completly new items placed in space which could have any shape, any description and any purpose. It might aswell be a tiny small scrolling text like the serverrules only hidden deep in some nebula..
    What I want to say is.. pls restrict the search to a few less spots to search for then 'everything' >.< or consider one of the 2 other ways of encouraging people. If it was me I would use all 3 ways in order to ensure nobody loosing his fun in the game over this whole event where nobody gets a notice and by now most people are not even sure if there is a code existing.

Just a few suggestions to get this event rolling again^^.

• i dont want 100 tests i just want a few
    thats why its hard

2 ppl have found the code already
    1 has got a bonus account for his "creativity"

once a code has been found the next one is placed in... so there always is a code on the server somewhere
    not to mention that i need beta testers which can open their eyes and find stuff

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• At least a little encouragement ^^ I will start the sweep over again.
    Just thinking out load here.. took the community 15 days to find 2 codes. Assuming the community doesnt stop searching with the current rate and the total amount of 12 code to be found its going to take 75 more days to finish 1.8?^^ I wouldnt have a prob with that knowing good things take a while but to me it sounds like the beta code thingy needs a little speed-up (maybe by advertising the event via a console line on the server each ~60min like the other messages quoting some serverrules and where to reach OP, etc).

I see your point about you want to have good beta tester who actually see things. But I kind of think about this event more like a lucky hunt. Taking into account that you need to check 1000+ items its less likely the sweeper kind of guy who finds the code and more likely the guy who were lucky with the code right in front of his nose.

Personally I'll be checking the whole uni one more time but as I said many people lost their interest allready. Doing it the sweeping way takes roughly 10-15 hours. Stretching the search time over more than one day reduces your chance of finding the code by another 50% as the code can be in either of the missing half (universe).

If that is the way it is I can live with it. I just dont think its such a good idea to 'waste' those people's time who are very attached and in love to/with the server. When I sweep I dont have time for RP, helping new guys, advertising for CF or rebuilding my clan. Not to mention a real life. *doh*

• Just because I got a consolation prize does not mean I stopped searching ^^ I had hoped I would not also have to scan NPC's, but I may have to increase this, as well... [11]

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• hey straw ... you didnt shot t far from the goal when you said "its going to take 75 more days to finish 1.8?"

look this:

Countdown
    In 79 days, 6 hours and 20 minutes

• thats the SWAT b-day

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    thats the SWAT b-day

petze^^ (ach ja: muuuhhaaaa)

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

Originally posted by DC_Hägar

petze^^ (ach ja: muuuhhaaaa)

Hägar you has forget the smilies again :D
    muuuhhhaaa :D

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.