13th SWAT Birthday

Hooray, we have a teenager!

13 years ago a dream was born, a dream about a Community full of great people and lots of fun.
Together we went through ups and downs, worked hard to create something impressive that people always will remember and enjoyed the fruits of this hard work.
This community evolved into something great and after 13 years we are in a situation where we have so many options that its hard to decide.
Whatever that future decisions will be, we keep moving forward, knowing that this is a place by the players for the players.

In the past years I often released impressive numbers about Portal visitors, mod downloads... etc.
I'll skip that today.
While these numbers are about the same as last year (slightly better) I consider them relative unimportant.
You cant measure joy in numbers.
People had the chance to discover all the new stuff in CF2.0 during the past year and also helped to make this mod even better.
People also were active on the forum.
This shows me that this is a place where people feel at home.

This year Crossfire once again reached the Top 100 of the Mod of the Year awards. This meanwhile is the 9th time.
I know no other mod that got so many nominations.
That alone is an impressive achievement and the fact that so many people vote for us is awesome.
There are ten thousands if not hundred thousands mods around there (not only at ModDB). Most never get any attention.
Belonging to the best 100 is truely outstanding.
We don't have to win an award to know that Crossfire is special. Nine nominations clearly show what players think about our work. That makes it special.
Next year we get the chance for a 10th award nomination and I can tell you... I'll make sure this will be a special one.

In Star Trek Online it is meanwhile a bit silent. Our fleets have not been that active eventhough we of course had times this year where we were working on new Fleet Holdings.
Reasons can be found in multiple areas.
Lots of team based content simply does not exist anymore in the game or is not really worth to be played. The grind also lets players focus too much on own progress (I know that from first hand since it also affects my gameplay). But also the fact that we didn't do much recruitment due to the lack of time can be named reason for the current situation.
However, there is absolutely no reason why such a situation can't change again.
2016 might be a great year, even in STO.

Maybe the next year will also bring us a step closer to other, new games.
Elite Dangerous, StarCitizen... and others might offer what some of our community members are looking for.
It certainly will be a very interesting next year.