how to get crossfire to work again

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by zerotwenty1.

• spent 3 days installing reinstalling clearing regs clearing cashes uninstalling reinstalling finally got it crossfire to work. go to bed for a bit restart my pc fire it up again 02:52:57.092 --> [i]:Prepare Crossfire Start

02:53:01.928 --> [i]:Starting Crossfire

02:53:05.126 --> [i]:Crossfire is running

02:53:18.393 --> [x]:Crossfire Crash Exit - CODE ffffffffc0000005 [E000000D3]

02:53:20.527 --> [i]:Crossfire was closed

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• a bit more information about what you did would help

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Crossfire 2.0 problems

... please look for my post there. Also check your actual launcher and launcher updater versions (Freelancer.exe and launcherupdater.exe in /exe folder). There could be very likely issue with your system disallowed overwrite files during update.

• Same issue here? Followed all install procedures to the letter? Still getting this error?

• I'm getting the exact same error. Even after i made all files "writable"

UPDATE1: Its also in a infinity update loop. Meaning when i try to play multiplayer it try's to update 11 files every time i click multiplayer. And crashes, its the same for single player

UPDATE2: This is the error i got after i did a clean install

UPDATE3: I just began debugging, the debug engine tells me the problem lies with "ShipRange.dll"
    "Unhandled exception at 0x0606143C (ShipRange.dll) in Freelancer.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x06CF7272."

• Just curious:
    - which graphic setting you use in launcher?
    - your security software can't touch cf files? (included also /exe2 directory which is temporary created by launcher)
    - can you try remove read only from /exe directory, then from file /exe/freelancer.exe (this file is launcher) and after run directly this .exe file? (for some players using Desktop Shortcut not worked when was for a 1st time needed to do updates)
    - which directx you have installed?
    - which Microsoft Visual C++ versions you have installed?

And I forget to ask:
    - can you please check your launcher and its updater (freelancer.exe and launcherupdater.exe, both in /exe directory) versions and post info here? (so is sure you got latest launcher update)
    - and last one: is vanilla freelancer running on your PC?

• lol i just went down your list making sure i had everything in order. Then I checked my virus protector, and went in and added the freelance game directory to the exceptions list, and now it works fine. Usually when my virus protector screws me over it tells me it's screwing me. Thanks a lot, now my next problem is fix FOV to get surround mode working right :D

• Glad you make CF working :)

• Sorted for me, it appears that my Endpoint was causing the issue even though i had updated the Fire Wall to allow? go figure... Turned it off and hey presto off we jolly well go...