Crossfire Cursors

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gearhead10.

• Just wondering what the new cursors actually look like i recall vaguely using them in 1.9 and they were unsuitable at the time due to size and difficulty seeing them are they still the same or have they been improved? and where could i see them? a forum search cannot find a match

• Oh cool :D i try not to mess with settings on game launchers(i can generally find a way to break the game)hence why i never opened settings :)

Thanks Huor

• dito

There WAS a luncher update, but as Moorhuhn said.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• they are right... no previews
    and we still have the shader problem

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• cant use sweetfx

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Can choose particle colour and cursors now, but at next start, when I click on options it seems to be reset?

But bigger problem is: I don't have a cursor at starting-screens now...

Edit: So i can't click on Boxes for entering MP

• With the help of Huor we solved my problem with the missing cursor.

The problem was a .flmmbak in the folder X:\*your path to Freelancer\DATA\SCREENS

One of the cfcursor1-7.txm had an additional .flmmbak at the end of the name.
    This file has to be copied first, then renamed so that only .txm is the extension.

• Well, removed the read only protection and it still isn't working. however there was improvement, the selections I made with the launcher were still there this last time I launched but I have no cursor and SweetFX isn't working. Guess I will check that .flmmbak file next then if that doesn't work will see if I can change back to what it was and see if I can get back in-game.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• Well got the cursor back but still no SweetFX. Making one more change.

Edit by
    Changed it back to no selection and that didn't work. Now I have the white block effects back! Tried to change it to ENB and that didn't work either. Will try again tomorrow.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

Edited once, last by Gearhead10 ().

• ATM it seems taht you have to make a new selection every tim you start the launcher. Check what is selected there.
    Got this issue solved after several restarts of the launcher WITHOUT proceeding to game.
    Also what seemed to help : when you select from settings, don't close the settings window, just minimize it.

Just what I did in a trial 'n error way until cursors and Sweet FX worked again.

About cursors : seems that some of the "older" choices don't work aka no cursor in main menue. The "new" ones - no prob.

Edit by
    nuc
    launcher now keeps selected settings after being closed :) 

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Edited once, last by NucNuc ().

• Ok, I will try that. Thanks NucNuc!

Edit by
    Well - Saw the launcher update, checked the settings and SweetFX was still selected, minimized it and clicked MP, 11 updates then game start. When it got to the Crossfire menu I could see that I still have the block effects yet. Exited. trying restart again.

Gearhead10.png

The Personal World Clock

Edited once, last by Gearhead10 ().

• Ok, I have restarted the launcher multiple times now. Any setting I make remains after I close the setting box and the launcher. So that part works however, the attached is what I see every time I go into the game. I have SweetFX selected. I have tried "no selection"," EMB standard" with no change. When this started, I noticed that SweetFX wasn't working but I didn't have the white block effect, every thing else looked normal but I did notice the cut scenes didn't have the black bars at the top and bottom. When I logged out of the game and checked the setting I found "none selected". So I selected SweetFX and went back into the the game. thought things were great until I saw the first white block effect and it has been downhill since! :( I made the changes that Huor mentioned and that got my cursor back and the launchers settings function was keeping my settings but now something else is decidedly wrong! Any ideas? Also put this in bugtracker.

Files

Gearhead10.png

The Personal World Clock

• looks like a missing file

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Ok but how? It has been working just fine until the update prior to the issue we started having. And what file? I knew things were going too good!

Gearhead10.png

The Personal World Clock