Impossible in the beginning of the game

There are 58 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Cryzis.

• SPOILERS

So I began playing the story mode, but I came upon a bug or unbalance of the fighting system (whatever you call it)

Please help, or fix that cursed thing.

• Throw plasma cannons away. Use guns with more fast projectile :)

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Hello osvald,

welcome :) and pls try look here: PvP Video Training

... you rly need only more practice and you will be OK with SP. If you can, join us on MP and ask around. You for sure will find ppl who will help you learn how to be better and fight more effective.

• Im having similar problems here.

If im not mistaken the ship hitboxes were altered and "accuriced" thus guns no longer hit anything unless you have perfect accuracy and even if so, "ace pilots" still change course at a speed no human can follow. When i turned off the mod i could hit ships normaly. With the mod turned on, i cant hit anything smaller then a gunship. Also since AI has "auto-aim" im taking a beating... Also even starter-pirates use HUGE amounts of bots and batteries making it very hard to down even a single one. I left one alive from a group of 3 and tested, OVER 30 times he used hull-repair bots...

So, GZ, your mod destroyed the single-player balance.

Suggestion:
    Mod setting to enable original hit-boxes FOR SP ONLY for those of us who prefer SP. Im sure in PVP the more accurate hitboxes are lot more fun.

• the hit boxes are perfectly working and we did no changes on the original ones

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I am actually playing SP at the moment, and NO opponent uses bats/nanos more than a few times. It's scaled perfectly, just like if they were other people.
    As for accuracy, I haven't had trouble getting to Mission11 or so (where I am now.. There aren't any problems with it either, I've just stopped playing for a while. :P )
    And as for the smuggler, I don't think he even used any advanced moves.. If I remember correctly. Try to get some faster guns, and use that trick to make you fire your guns at different times. This one

When you stand up you're gonna be shoved back down. When you're down you're gonna be stepped on.
    My advice to you doesn't come with a lot of bells and whistles it's no secret. You'll fall down, you'll stumble, you'll get pushed, you'll land square on your face.
    But every time that happens you get back on your feet. You get up just as fast as you can. No matter how many times you need to do it.
    Remember this: Success has been and continues to be defined, as getting up one more time than you've been knocked down.
    Life is hard, real hard. Incredibly hard.You fail more often than you win. Nobody is handing you anything. It's up to you to puff up your chest, stretch your neck, and overcome all the difficult.
    The nasty, the mean, the unfair. You want more than you have now? Prove it. You wanna be the very best there is? Get out there and earn it.
    Once you decide that you will know where it is you wanna be, and you won't stop pushing forward until you get there!
    That's how winners are made!

• Actually tried the mission again, i have manual save there so i cant test things.

CROSSFIRE:
    No matter what guns i have, and i pretty much tried EVERY gun i have acces to at such early stage and all the typical ships i can afford. Even if i had PERFECT accuracy, i could not down the smuggler, its like my guns just miss all the time. Every time i do hit him, he jumps to different direction, also he WILL USE BATTERIES AND BOTS. Once his hull is at certain level, he will use bots after a certain time. If i could damage him further i could down him before he hits the bots.
    Also even if i had perfect accuracy, the ships i would have acces to normaly would run out of weapon-energy long before i could down the target. Theres a 3mil mega-ship i have yet to try.

Best result has been with the Rhino / freighter as it has most guns, large'ish energy-pool and set of L1 high-rof lasers. Even so, i run out of energy and he does not run out of bots. Better guns run out of juice too fast. Lowbie guns have better energy to damage -ratio in this case.

VANILLA: (mods off)
    A comparison, i really did play untill this same spot to compare. It was quite slow, in CF i can make millions in minutes... Anyway. Basic pirates are easy pickings, they use bots maybe twice if lucky, i can down 5-6 with the starter-tub EASY and i can down the smuggler after a while. He does dodge when hit, uses bots rarely.

I remember playing Freelancer back in the day, i used the Rhino / freighter for quite long and same with the lowbie guns it mounts, it was a bit too easy imo but the difficulty ramped up nicely after that.

Sadly i dont have the weapon-power ficures here nor would it mean much since i dont know whats been done to the smuggler or his ship by the mod but OVERALL the sheer difficulty is brutal, far from what one would call fun. I dont want to buy some super-ship and hunt down over-leveled guns within the first ten missions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, to put it simple, the mod seems to have upped the starting-difficulty quite a lot making it very hard and very fun. While quite funny, i dont really want to abuse game-mechanics to make my guns shoot faster. I finished vanilla Freelancer without cheats or such tricks, i do believe i should be able to do the same with CF installed, i was looking a "different playing experience" not brutaly hard.

It may have been another mod that changed hitboxes, i was looking thru many mods in moddb, since it seems rather hard to hit targets in CF compared to vanilla i thought it would be the case... Odd. I do want some extra in Freelancer so im hoping to see what im doing wrong.

• Quote from "swatii"

It may have been another mod that changed hitboxes, i was looking thru many mods in moddb, since it seems rather hard to hit targets in CF compared to vanilla i thought it would be the case... Odd. I do want some extra in Freelancer so im hoping to see what im doing wrong.

Heh, there's your problem there. :P CF doesnt work well with other mods. It's weird that it works at all! CF mods freelancer to such extent, that it isn't compatible with other mods afterwards.
    So I suggest a clean FL + FLMM + CF 1.9 install. And ALL your problems should be resolved. :P I hope this helps.

When you stand up you're gonna be shoved back down. When you're down you're gonna be stepped on.
    My advice to you doesn't come with a lot of bells and whistles it's no secret. You'll fall down, you'll stumble, you'll get pushed, you'll land square on your face.
    But every time that happens you get back on your feet. You get up just as fast as you can. No matter how many times you need to do it.
    Remember this: Success has been and continues to be defined, as getting up one more time than you've been knocked down.
    Life is hard, real hard. Incredibly hard.You fail more often than you win. Nobody is handing you anything. It's up to you to puff up your chest, stretch your neck, and overcome all the difficult.
    The nasty, the mean, the unfair. You want more than you have now? Prove it. You wanna be the very best there is? Get out there and earn it.
    Once you decide that you will know where it is you wanna be, and you won't stop pushing forward until you get there!

• No other mods running.

It seems i spoke too soon about the difficulty. By chance i changed my tactics a little and finaly made it... Finding out the BS missouri sells a neat ship certainly helped a lot along with a load of toys it came loaded with.

Still seems a bit on the hard side but that i kinda like, vanilla FL was too easy.

• But have you installed CF on a clean Freelancer game? Or have you had other mods in FLMM, but you turned them off so you could turn CF on?
    And have you deleted ALL save games before starting CF? I'm kinda curious since for me CF didn't have that big of a difficulty difference to vanilla. I mean, Starflier was enough for me.. Although I MIGHT have used a Defender. I'm not sure. But it still was pretty much like Rogues from the first mission.

• swatti: hehe nice, I was about to write you tip about look for available ships in Colorado. Btw

• Running random missions i came upon a rather nasty issue. Enemies exploding, unless im fully shielded i take HUGE dmg, flying a defender atm, even killed me once when a bounty-target went pop.

Intended? Range aint far but the dmg is nasty.

EDIT: it says in the lexicon theres a mk1 power gen in the planet Manhattan, but it aint there. Detroit munitions does have one, but its 7mil...

Edited once, last by swatti: YARR ().

• As far as I have seen, it usually drains your shields completely. I am not sure what does the explosion do if you're unshielded. But I think it's meant to unshield you. I know for a fact that anytime something explodes in point-blank range of my ship, no matter how much shield I have left, makes me lose my shield. So even if I had 100% or 20% of shields, I'd take the same amount of damage.
    Umm, your and my version can't be that different. Again, I did however install CF on a completely clean FL+FLMM install. So that might be the root of your "troubles". (Can I even say troubles? It seems it's pretty fun for you. :P )

• Clean install of all parts.

If im not shielded it kills me. Not fun. Bug? Kinda cheaty if its a static dmg %

Power Gen mk1 by lexicon is supposed to be in planet Manhattan, it aint. Det.munitions has bigger one for 7mil.

• Heh.. Well I found it cool that you have to be shielded for a hit like that. But still, the only other thing I can say is don't let yourself be shieldless when near an exploding ship. :P

• Clean install of all parts.

If im not shielded it kills me. Not fun. Bug? Kinda cheaty if its a static dmg %

Power Gen mk1 by lexicon is supposed to be in planet Manhattan, it aint. Det.munitions has bigger one for 7mil.

The Crossfire mod is made as realistic as possible and that is why you're taking damage when a ship explodes near you.

About the Power Generator , you can buy it easily , but it'll only take you time for it. Finish the first SP missions until you've been granted access to Texas and start taking missions there. While doing so , collect the enemy pods and then start selling them at the prison near the planet. You can make money fast and then you can buy the Power Generator(in case you really need it though).