FreeLancer 2 By Chris Reberts ??? There's going to be an anoucement on October.

There are 170 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Cygna.

• Hi
    Not sure if anybody knows about this yet ? See http://robertsspaceindustries.com/

There's going to be an anoucement on October . I've just registered and here's whats on the Comm Link.

Congratulations on successfully navigating the jump to Roberts Space Industries!

The Comm-Link is the primary communication channel from all of us at RSI. As you can tell from the ticking counter, there’s going to be an announcement in October about our newest research and development project. We hope you’ll be as excited about it as we are and choose to sign up for the first models off the assembly line.
    Until then, the goal of the Roberts Space Industries website is to bring together truly hardcore space simulation fans from around the world to celebrate the genre and remind them what made Wing Commander, Privateer, Starlancer and Freelancer great!
    It will offer material from our Chairman’s previous creations: it will tell you about their history, spotlight the fans who have been keeping the faith over the years, let you interact with the RSI team.
    It will also give a few hints as to what is coming.
    We know you’re here because you’re one of the most dedicated fans on the planet… so settle in, make the forums your home and get ready for the big announcement! In the meantime, check back each morning for a new Comm-Link update.

In game Characters Molasar,Rasalom, Lestat, Sal_Roma & Crookey 8)

• very sceptical
    what people seem to forget that Freelancers gameplay was planned to be more like EVE Online and not how it is today

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Right now its just a nice homepage and a nice graphics. Or has someone seen more?
    Dunno - sure it looks promising - but not more. A prequel to FL - wasnt that Starlancer already or is FL a prequel to SL? Nevermind, we have to wait what it brings.

Black Prophecy had a big hype and they had nice graphics too, good concepts - but today its dead.

signature.png

• But could be wise for other "SWATers" and "Crossers" to go there from time to time.

ATM the freelancer related boards get a bit conquered by "Discos". Seems they try to lay out a picture, as if Discovery is THE one and only true
    ongoing, surviving Freelancer game community and Freelancer mod at all.

(Or am I just a bit too suspicous ????)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Edited once, last by NucNuc: spelling ().

• @ Huor

I mean the FL related board ON the site of Chris Roberts.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Discovery is very active on the forums over there... and they make sure that everybody knows about discovery.
    They have their own thread for discovery players... lets imagine that every server does that and people start praising their mod.
    probably not the best idea

However... the website... once registered is a poll, a blog and a forum + some upcoming informational areas.
    With the forum they apparently try to create some kind of "wish list"..... what did you love most on FL... what did you hate and so on.
    I personally consider this kind of collecting information a mistake since half of these wishes violate each other and most of the remaining ones are technically either not possible or very hard to do (even with todays possibilities).

People over there are so excited about a new Chris Roberts game that they don't think a single moment about important questions.
    They act like they could expect a new game next week.... ignoring that the development easily could take 3-4 years.
    I have the feeling some people will spend their entire time now in this forum while FL projects start to die.

Actually they dont even know what game they can expect... freelancer, wing commander... something else..... will it be a sandbox game or will it be mission based?
    The meaning of "you can not please everybody" will for sure hit most of the people there.
    Next to that do people forget that Chris Roberts is not a guarantee for success. They hype him like he is the only person on the planet which can create a good game. Lets face it Starlancer was never a successful game and Freelancer only became successful after Chris Roberts left the dev team. We would a gameplay like in EVE Online if these changes were not done in Freelancer.
    And if I think about his movies... well no... i dont want to think about that..... urghh.... plastic Kilrathies.... ships which "fall off a ramp" in open space.

nvm.
    overrated...
    found and reported 2 major errors on their website ^^

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• @ OP

I would second, that this reapearing of Chris Roberts bears the danger, that further developing of Freelancer (mods) might drop
    down to a trickle - for some time. Especially if they don't "deliver" something more substantial, what most likely will take A LOT OF TIME,
    more than " just a years work, as announced.

Nonetheless, almost everybody on this planet interested in Freelancer WILL go there.

And this Disco thread there gives me quite an itch, I don't know how to reach.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• discovery players always did such crap
    they did it on TLR in the past and they did it on other FL sites

There once was an agreement with the discovery developers that such behaviour isnt tolerated by both sides... but i guess that plays no role nowadays

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well, doesn't really help me with that itch, but I think I have to live with it.

Best way to tackle this (Chris Roberts's stuff):

KEEP ON GOING WITH CROSSFIRE

and make it better before he can come up with anything.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• Im on it... i wont waste my time

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Is that now a company a one person project a group? Reading Terms and privacy gives me the feeling i deal with a company there.
    For now i will not register there (I kinda not agree with their terms, but typically US :D). I thought its about a new game and not existing mods? Does it help: Imo not. Best example nowadays is Black Prophecy. Everyone there told their story about their clan, the games the did play, people formed to play on BP. You know where it did end.

Shalll he make his work and shall he be sucessful. At the current point i not really interested. Its too less information to be soo damn excited to register on another data collection and advertisement site.
    ----------------------------------
    Everyone is so excited because its Chris Roberts. Ok but he did not make FL and all the other games alone. I guess there was a team that worked on the games and not solely Chris Roberts.
    I also think FL is so much interesting because of its mod. Vanilla FL has its good sides, but compared with its mods its utterly boring :)

signature.png

• not sure if I'm understanding all this but if there is a fl 2 comming why now after so long? maybe he has been going to all the fl sights and see what upgrade there are and maybe wants to give it a go themselves...hope they don't steel the ideas from CF.....do you guys have patent for CF of is that not possible on a server?

ROCK ANTENNE
    AC/DC
    BIG GUN

Acer Aspire V3-772G / Windows 10 Home / Intel Core i7 / Nvidia Geforce GT 750M / 8 GB RAM