CF 1.8 Mod Explanation Settings

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bullwinkle.

• Hello, and thank you for new mod!
    I write this thread for only one reason and its why no one eplane settings u choose in the beggining of instalation and how they look like, imagine how much easyer will be to know what is what and how it's will look like;)!

So i please some one who developing this mod and have time atleast to explane what are those sett's do.
    Thank you for your time!

P.S. Particular setting (where u choose colour) is for trade line colouring.

• i have no time for such a shit... there is more important stuff to get done

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• this is one of the eminentest question i have read in the last days on this forum

not to know how looks lucy in sexy outfit 1 2 3
    (or however this girl named :D )

but the question, which adjustment change my grafik shit
    or how can i fix the triangels shit are important things

i have installed CF 1.8 too many times atm and i dont have time for THIS shit

• activation and the options are purely your business
    i have other stuff to do and the explaination how to fix the triangles and other graphical errors have been already given various times meanwhile

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• What?

• 1. Choose your Multiplayer Character (new chars only)
    -Selects your appearance on bases when visiting bars, equipment dealerships, and so on.
    -Crossfire Trent is essentially Trent in an Order uniform.
    -SWAT_OP-R8R looks like the NPC bartender found on Planet Blood, Custodian System.
    -Other options from the menu are vanilla Freelancer storyline characters you may choose from.

2. Choose how Juni should look like
    -Classic outfit is the original police uniform.
    -Sexy Outfits 1 and 2 are rather self explanatory.

3. Choose your Intro Music
    -Some of these are rather self-evident.
    -The music can be found in Crossfire 1.80 -> Data -> AUDIO -> MUSIC.
    -My best guess is that Crossfire intro 1-10 are NEW_SEARCHING MISSION 01-10 in that folder... but I'm not sure.

4. Choose your HUD
    -Provides you with five options for colored themes to your in-game windows and toolbars.
    -The Orange HUD is a bit too bright and does not contrast with text well for some people (just a warning), but so far I like it.

5. Which Singleplayer mode do you want?
    -This setting allows you to choose between the FL vanilla storyline or playing OpenSP.
    -Some folks find the vanilla storyline to be too difficult on CF, while others enjoy it. OP has tried to make it a little easier in 1.8.

6. Which set of Intro scenes do you prefer?
    -Sirius (Alliance), Earth (Sol System), and Altair (Coalition) are all regions of the CF universe.
    -Rotating ships is rather self explanatory I imagine.
    -I do not know what Story 1-3 or The Race are.

7. Which cursor set do you prefer?
    -To be honest, I have really no clue what the different cursors look like or which is which. :P

8. Enable Screen Capture settings?
    -I do not know what this feature does either.
    -It is unclear to me whether FL will capture screenshots as it normally does without this.
    -Rumor has it that selecting "No" can resolve client-side crash-to-desktop problems.

9. Which system backgrounds do you prefer?
    -High quality is for eyecandy system backgrounds.
    -Standard FL is for increasing an older computer's performance.

10. Choose particle color?
    -Eight options to choose from.
    -As far as I can tell, it changes the look of tradelane and jumpgate energy visuals.

11. Advanced Shader (might cause problems)
    -I don't know what these settings do, but it is obviously graphics-related.
    -Deactivate if you wish to avoid current "triangles" issue with asteroids near jump gates.

12. High quality effects
    -Enable for quality, enhanced eyecandy.
    -Disable for increased performance on older computers.

13. Dynamic lights
    -Enable for quality, enhanced eyecandy.
    -Disable for increased performance on older computers.

14. Movie options?
    -Original FL Intro + CF Intro is the same introduction as in CF 1.7
    -Alt. FL Intro + FL story prequel shows the Nomad attack on Sol and Syd's theft of the Dom'Kavash artifact from Planet Sprague.
    -Starlancer: Sol Wars trailer is a Starlancer trailer.
    -Skip movies is rather straightforward.

15. SWAT-Portal Recticle Mod
    -Switch from default setting if you are color blind.
    -Otherwise, this setting is not particularly important.

16. Compatibility mode for old graphics cards
    -Rumor has it that some client-side problems can be resolved by selecting "Activated"
    -Deactivate if your graphics card is pretty old or is going apes*** in-game. ^^

Hope this helps.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• 8. afaik, the screen capture mode removes the cursor and the hud from screen when flying.
    its goal is to provide a clean screen in case you want to record an ingame video (using third party software) or take many screenshots
    do not activate unless you are going to do any of those

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Bunny thinks Ed is not as cool as him

• I have searched forums exactly for this thread - there are A LOT of options presented when you first activate CF 1.82, but how do i know how sexy outfits, or different huds or particles look like? Is there some manual that explains and has screenshots for those options? I also realize that this thread is in a wrong subforum, but i think its better to resurrect it rather than to open a new similar one.

• how do i know how sexy outfits, or different huds or particles look like?

Sexy Outfit 1 = Short red skirt
    Sexy Outfit 2 = Low-cut Blue Top (my fav)

Huds: Try the standard Crossfire HUD. It is a little different than vanilla Freelancer but still looks nice.

Particles: This option changes the color of the little dots inside a trade lane ring when it activates.

Reactivation is not super difficult, so you can try different options in 5-10 minutes. But, yeah, I agree that screen shots of the of graphical changes would help new players.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.