Posts by Gibbon

Pentagon = Dodecahedron, hence the name. It was one of the big stations you only saw on more developed worlds in ELITE. I've actually got loads of different bases for the ELITE project now, most of them will dock a capship :D

On a bit of a roll atm in the modelling department, here's the latest one. This is from the game ELITE for those that remember that, the one that started it all. This is the Dodo station, model & textures by Griff, conversion to FL by yours truly

Think it makes a nice change to see a different tradelane model tbh, i'm bored of seeing the same one since the game came out. Nice and easy to workout which side you have to dock with :D

Original model by JSNCalif. Used some of his ships for years as i've always liked his models, and he released this one yesterday. I had to rebuild it from scratch as he made it very square which meant the tradelane FX didn't work properly, so i realigned it all and now it's as it should be.

Nope, i eventually made 15 different engines utilising various weapon effects mostly the Tachyon gun effects which make excellent engines. If you marry up the matching trail effects, they look really good. Making some of those engine effects bigger would also require some ALE editing.

Yes i agree with you there, the liberty ones or pulse type effect are useless for engines. I've already added in all the unused FX for my project, just figuring out what i'm going to use them for, weapons, engines, thrusters, list is endless really

It's actually one of the unused kusari weapons effects. Some great flame thrower fx in there as well, got a huge list i want to try out for engines as we both know gun effects can happily be used for engines as well, assuming you find ones that look right :D

While i'm not going to go on about how to implement these, i can tell you for a fact there are lots of them lurking in the original code. A number of modders including myself have been tracking these down for some time and seeing as i was looking for a new engine effect, i decided to get this one up and running

Thanks for the tip OP, only way i could see them but managed it at last. Impressive work as usual, really like the planet atmosphere effect, especially from the side, clever stuff.

Love to see the videos but nothing works on here for me sadly, oh well, just have to use my imagination...

Thanks. Not sure where it will end up in my project as i replaced the luxury liner hawaii in sigma 19 for this little video as the light was right. I'll have to put it back to how it was and find somewhere else for that station to live.

A little something i've been working on. A conversion of Kono Station by Sol command to Freelancer. He makes some lovely models and this is one of them, least i think so. I've modified the model slightly and used my own textures for the most part, added custom effects and got it all working etc

More like a prehistoric patch, had it on my hd for years. Of more interest is the head kit i mentioned earlier, very cool looking from the images that come with the kit, not seen it used though which would be a shame

Apologies for the gravedig. You've actually answered your own question already. Costumes.ini, find the entry for Juni, fourth entry down, and change body = li_hatcher_body to body = ku_female_elite_body or any other valid female costume, i have a naked one of her somewhere lol. Save the file, restart FL and you're good to go. I'd suggest leaving the bodyparts file alone unless you know what you're doing.

On a slightl tangent to this, anyone ever use Alderbrans body kit with all the extra heads and other details? I've got it installed just haven't got round to messing with it yet, seems an excellent concept

Appreciate the help and i thought that as well but thankfully i've worked it out now as it was driving me nuts. Seems it's all to do with how you name the engine hardpoint. I had mine named HpEngine08, HpEngine09, HpEngine10. Seems this is the problem as it should be HpEngine010. Now it's read properly and shows up in game. It might help someone else