Posts by Zeroth

yeah...that's kind of my point.

didn't want to have to read all the other long threads, so i figured i'd ask for the condensed version...

sure...i'm a big fan of irrelevant babble...but too much is too much...

i just wanna play!

but now i've gotta go move furniture.

meh.

see you all from the new house. :D

it COULD be a corrupt download.

if you haven't already...I'd personally try another "clean" install before resorting to re-downloading, but that's up to you.

basically there's either a problem at the source (your download) or your destination (the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\DATA\characters\heads\ folder)
    if you don't have write privileges, be sure to run the installer as an administrator (right click, run as admin), or check to see if the folder somehow became "read only"

a few possibilities anyway.

if you still can't get it to work, just post as many specifics of what you've done, what you've done to attempt to resolve it, and like you already have...the exact error.

i've had a few issues with CF installs in the past..but now that i've gotten used to all the required steps, the dance is easy.

i'm sure that i've come across that error before, but it was long ago...and i've done so much unrelated troubleshooting since...meh...might just be ninjas. :O

Ok...

Lots of stuff going on between SA and PX on several levels...I just want to be sure (without being forced to stick to the confines of RP)...of what's going on so that I don't make any major RP mistakes, or cause any problems in game.

- Slpxatwon caused issues in O3, and hired PX to help defend him. PX took on this job and entered O3 without stating intentions to system owners (understandably since the owners were the target of their "job").
    - Other police clans aided SA in defending O3 (UR, CFPD)
    -SA demanded compensation from PX for "failing to follow the system rules of a neutral clan, and attacking us in our home system", and after making such a claim for "damages of 50mil" we (SA) posted a 24 hour open warrant on PX (which was discussed as being a tad unclear, and suggestions of individual bounties/warrants/love letters was made...then demonstrated by:)
    -PX placed individual bounties on all active and inactive SA members for the period of 48 hours.

So far so good, right?

So...basically both sides are announcing all out war without announcing all out war?

I'll admit i haven't kept up on all the back and forth and bickering in the forums lately...i've been kind of busy here having a life (not much of one, i know).

Please correct any of my misconceptions here, so i don't have to sift through 10 different threads to find out how i'm supposed to act when i just want to log in and play the game.

-Thanks...I'll post something in RP when i have the time, and inclination to take a more "active" role in the b.s....

-Z

My two cents:

I don't like having to sit and read for three hours before i can log into a game and play.

Welcome to Crossfire.
    I'd like to welcome you again on behalf of the Silver Arrows.
    I look forward to seeing you guys in space, and if you need any help with anything feel free to message me anytime in game or here on forums.

Captain Owen "Zeroth" Mason
    Silver Arrows
    Head of Department of Commerce and Economy

it doesnt exists in CF and if it gets added i want my Osiris II-class battleship added with steam baths and a more comfortable command chair ! Oh yeah and the crew told me a thicker armor would be usefu lcause they fear for their lives... :D

i've seen you fly...
    i'm not surprised the crew is begging for ANYTHING to make those joyrides a little safer... :O

the conclusion is as it always was...

play the damn game and stop whining on the forums.

all this time spent typing could be making money.

-Z

I'm betting the only time an SA pilot goes bankrupt is because they forgot how low the balance was on their current ship, and just need to transfer it over from another account.
    Either that, or they're using bankruptcy for a free trip back to NY to reload credits and go out adventuring again.

The one the player is flying in that pic is called the "Ragnarok Gunboat" and is only available to Galaxy Rangers (similar to Server Moderators)

It's impossible to get without cheating in Single Player.

Wait...

there's a giant wall of text in space? :O

No...of course, I've seen it...

and i can understand that you feel it breaks immersion...to a point...my honest initial reaction was..."whoa...cool...giant billboards...i wonder what they say in other systems..."
    and i was actually a little disappointed that there was just one.

Considering that NY is the starting system...it's the obvious choice for those rules to be placed...and given the drama i've seen on the forums, even having that glaringly obvious wall of text isn't always enough to make people aware of the basic server rules...but to be honest...once you get your stuff together, and make a little money and get a better ship, you'll find you really don't spend that much time in NY anyway...at least, i don't spend much time there...unless i'm helping noobs find their way out to bigger and better things...

so...while i understand that the wall of text shatters the illusion of immersion...try to think of it as a giant billboard, and not a glaring wall of offensive immersion smashing.

the music on lifting? it was cool the 1st -5th times...after that i was wishing it would play something else too...but...like others...the esc key has saved my sanity (what tiny shreds remain)

all in all...if you can get past these minor immersion obstacles, you'll find that the CF community and the mod in general are both worth immersing yourself in. or...you'll find that you just can't stand some of us and be on your way...i'm hoping you choose to stay. it's always nice to have more active players that are able to intelligently state their case and make their points (even if it's over something that many consider as trivial as the billboard)

glad to have you aboard here at CF, man. see you in space.

(pardon all the babble, i just woke up, and all this typing exercises my fingers for pvp.)

-Z