Posts by Zeroth

it's probably something universal that will require a hard server reset. happens once in a while. normally it's just the scheduled reset at the same time (ion storm warning in game)...but then it's fine. seems like we happened upon an issue that needs to be actively looked at. c'est la vie.

Hey man. Treehopper, here.
    I can't get back on, either. I got kicked for base idling...while we were conversing, and haven't been able to get back on.
    I swear...I didn't mean to bail on ya.
    I'm still happy to help with questions and info.

There's always a place for an Arrow in my universe.
    Cheers, best wishes, and good flying.
    It has been an honor to fly with you, Forlon.
    SA_ZEROTH

Thanks Buddy. :)

I read that exchange and many many other threads during the time that 1.9 was first available for download...until the link in the download section was taken away.
    With the new Swat Portal update the download link for 1.9 is back...and I was trying to confirm if that new link was supposed to be working, or simply a placeholder in the knowledge that it will be working shortly.

The link to download is back, but it seems the actual download isn't.

Either that...or there's something broken on my end and I am unable to access the link to download 1.9. (Which had been removed until today)

I'm content to wait until everything is ready, I was just curious if the now existing link is supposed to be working, or if it's just a placeholder.

*keeping my eyes peeled and testing the link every 5 minutes until it works...*

-Z

I notice the link to download 1.9 is back...

...but i keep getting the same
    "The requested document is utterly inexistent.
    No such page here.
    Even tried multi.
    Nothing helped._"

error message when i try to download. Common sense would tell me that the mod isn't actually available for download again...in which case, i'll just be patient...

but if it is indeed supposed to be available now...some assistance in downloading or an alternate link would be appreciated.

i'm utterly content playing 1.82 until 1.9 is available again...but i do want to DL 1.9 as soon as possible.

is it supposed to be available again? or is the link just there to entice us? hehe

-Z

yeah...when i posted this last night...i was letting my temper get the best of me...

it's just frustrating as hell to log in after not doing so for a while specifically because you're sick of the BS only to have it shoveled on me almost as soon as i log in again...

meh.

not gonna let it get to me...

i'll just start using the ignore feature...

i won't let one person's actions color my views of the whole clan, either...LP is still all right in my book...it's just the individual that is going to have to watch their back in space...

at any rate...thanks to everyone for the boost of reality to brush away my pointless frustrations...

-Z

<ragequit>
    Sorry everyone.
    I'm done with Crossfire.

I haven't been in game in a few weeks since i didn't feel like dealing with the drama.

Tonight i log in, and go to help a lawful player being engaged by pirates.

I was told by the pirate that the lawful player used bats and bots.

then i got called a liar and a cheater because "i didn't tell that person that he couldn't use bats and bots"

congrats shockforce.

i thought you were a decent person when you were friendly...that's why i helped you out so much and answered all those questions and shows you all of that never-ending patience...

and you respond by calling me a forking cheater. because you claim someone else used bots/bats after you demanded their money.

thanks for reminding me why i stopped logging in in the first place.

OP and everyone else...you have a great thing here, it's just too bad that some bad apples ruin it for everyone.

-Z

</ragequit>

Don't worry, we only charge transit fees to people that have caused us trouble in the past.

All that bureaucratic red tape, you know...

As of right now...All unclanned players have Transit rights (Correct me if I'm wrong here, Arrow), and other clans are dealt with according to our current status with that clan.

Personally...if ANYONE asks me politely to pass through...I'll let them...for free...unless I have specifically ordered not to allow that player transit rights.

At any rate...

No monopoly on Energy Crystals...but transit rules in and out of the IC might be revised...and I can bet that people won't be overcharged any more than they get charged for any other typical RP encounter.

Even in Single Player there are places you can't go unless you have the right connections. (usually reputation)

If you're fully hostile with the Corsairs and try to dock on their Planet Crete, you will be denied...

Multi-Player is very much the same...there are places that you can't go without the right reputations.

Clans have the option to own their own system and set the rules there.

In this case...The Tohoku system is owned and patrolled by the Dragon Corps, and it sounds like they tried to give you a chance to explain yourself.

I know Sphinx and Maxbur pretty well...and I doubt they would take advantage of a new player for sport...

Try to look at it from their perspective...

You were a complete unknown in their "home"...and you (according to Sphinx) failed to respond to their hails...

If someone came into your house and started rummaging around with your stuff, and ignored you when you asked them what they were doing, you'd probably react in a hostile manner as well.

Remember...communication is key...I'm sure that if you had replied to Sphinx and Max, and explained that you were an explorer and just wanted to look around, they would have been more than happy to let you...(correct me if i'm wrong guys...but SA is pretty lenient with non-clanned freelancers and letting them come and go as they please)

We don't want to badger you...we want all the active enthusiastic players we can get...but players need to understand that there are certain rules (both server rules and roleplay rules) that must be followed...if the rules aren't followed...then you'll probably get killed.

It happens all the time...hehe

Fly safe...and keep your eyes open....the DC guys are cops...but there ARE pirate clans out there too, that can and will stop you on site and demand payment...according to the server rules...if you ignore them...they have the right to shoot you...

On the opposite side of the coin...how boring would the game be if there were no rules? then it would just be one group of the most powerful players controlling everything through sheer force...

If we play by the rules...and play for the sake of fun (that's why we're all here in the first place, right?) everyone wins.

What Arrow means is:

PM in this context is a "Private Message" on the forums.

Click on the "PM" button at the bottom of Arrow's avatar.

<-------------------------------
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |