Posts by Salim

Activated vsync and it's still the same. :(

I've tried all shader modes, only Vanilla FL, ENB modes and no selection work, but there is still no AMD activity in AMD System Monitor.

When I run ENB modes (only them) I get these results in HWMonitor. The name of the GPU isn't even displayed but anyway. Else (other modes or none) all the stats are 0 :

There are also these "blank cubes" whatever the shader mode is.

In ENB standard and Vanilla FL modes still the same : AMD not working. In Shader FX mode crossfire starts then closes :

But it was the case for SHader FX since I installed CF, and I don't think it has to do with the problem stated in this thread !

Hello !

My Radeon R7 M265 doesn't want to work on freelancer, which results in lags in some situations like the battle against Rheinland close to Willard base in the 3rd mission. Instead, Intel HD Graphics Family which is the integrated GC works.

I added the 0x6604 in the 0x59-- section (because of alphabetical order - seemed logical - there's no R series in the file) in flconfigdatabase in the first place but it didn't work, so I added it almost everywhere and it's still the same.

I uninstalled drivers, reinstalled them. I set up freelancer as high performance mode in the Control Catalyst Center, and even modified some setting in the intel command center (performance mode) :

Both Intel Graphics and AMD are recognized in the dxdiag command. I also have AMD System Monitor to confirm that the dedicated graphic card isn't working while playing freelancer (even in battle situation - a situation in which the statistics should display something else than 0 Mhz) :

It's been hours I've been looking for a solution, I've tried them all...there's no option to set AMD as the default GC used by the laptop (I have Windows 10 as you may already have noticed) through BIOS, there may be a way to do so in the Catalyst Center but I lost it. I've tried disabling Intel through Device manager and it resulted in the deactivation of both Intel and AMD when checked in dxdiag : only Microsoft DIsplay would work in this case.

I've tried running Crossfire as Win7 compatibility or none, still the same.

I've certainly tried something else but I forgot.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks.

Nah i think i didn't explain myself well.

I don't use fraps, i just used it as an exemple of the screen freezing.

So i need to put effects at the minimal to not see my screen freezing in nebulas and clouds.

I have Windows 7, and I got problems in 1.8, in nebulas, as screen begins to freeze, like when you play and use the software fraps

I reinstalled CF with everything disabled (I mean High FL effects, and the two other options), and i activated card 128 mb or lower option, cause i thought it was a graph prob.

Well now it stills freezes, and it stills until i do effect on controls at lowest grade, and the result is ugly systems and guns, ships etc...

What Should I do?

Regards

I find this very strange

In Void and BSG, i get a normal ping, ~95ms ping.

In CF and HC i get a 350ms ping!

HC lags sometimes, that's why.

But for Cf i really don't know...this happened to me in the previous version of server (1.8), it had same big ping in first day, then it became normal in the next days but with a little higher ping than normal (120 or 140 instead of 95)
    And that little increasement makes lag, of course.

Do you have any solution?

Regards
    Viper

It works NORMAL

Just run as an admin, as far as i know when u DL the mod it automatically starts as admin

and dont use trend or AVG

the lone antivirs i know that works are ESET nod32 and avira antivir

Good luck, and feel free to PM or ask me, cause i got to work with 5 mods at once all working fine 8 months along without formating in my pc, with vista.

umm i see thats why i feared that (especially the personal side of modders of "i dont share work" or the hostilities), cause im sure im not the first one who thought that :)

anyway ty for the answer OP

I wanted to create a new thread but i see i can post it here directly.

Well.

Imagine a mod, with the features of CF, Hambourg city, BSG, void, shattered worlds, and all other mods, in ONE server.
    Imagine having the ships of discovery, of void, of CF, of BSG, of hambourg, in ONE server
    Imagine having the dom kavash guns, the vulcans of void, the coalition gattlings, the all other guns, in ONE server.

why not all cooperate ? all servers, all modders, all dev teams, all donators, all contributors, in ONE Discussion in forums or MSN, discussing about server lag, about FL gameplay, about FL balance....

I can't give any money or help here, i am too young to give enough money for running a server.

Why not close all servers
    why not close all mods
    why not creating ONLY one server like it is on EVE online, with all the mods features, with all the systems known in FL modding, in guns, commodities, ships etc....

wouldn't be a BOOM for FL life? wouldn't it stand AGAINST new games such as Jumpaget evolution and EVE online 5 more years ? and all this FREE cause i think it would be easier running one server, cause all admins would pay same fee to run it, so imagine a fee divided per 15 or 10 ^^
    wouldn't it be ALL beneficts ?

Thanks for reading, and i adress this message to the OP. I'll see if you accept it, cause you have a far better experience about whats goin on FL MP life, about admins and such, i'll see what you say if it will be possible or not, if all modders can stand in one table (or msn or forums window) discussing without disrespect.

Regards
    S