LAG!!!!

There are 24 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Before the new server, my ping was 150-160ms. Now with the new big, bad machine, I usually get about 120-125ms. I'm in Toronto, Canada on a 768k DSL

• I find this very strange

In Void and BSG, i get a normal ping, ~95ms ping.

In CF and HC i get a 350ms ping!

HC lags sometimes, that's why.

But for Cf i really don't know...this happened to me in the previous version of server (1.8), it had same big ping in first day, then it became normal in the next days but with a little higher ping than normal (120 or 140 instead of 95)
    And that little increasement makes lag, of course.

Do you have any solution?

Regards
    Viper

wait wait Marten, maybe she will be MY girlfriend...In night, she could play with my..uhm..my ethernet cables?

-Technically, make out with a girl is like connecting with another PC to win full administrator access ;)
    -LOL
    -So do you want try connecting with me?
    -I dunno is it safe
    -I promise i won't corrupt your files baby
    -OMG MY 0WN3R IS H3R3 G2G L8R
    ....in the meantime
    -What are ya doin' Pintsize?
    -Well i'm busy erm could you leave me a while....i need defragmenting now.

Questionable Content

• OP what can you tell me about Windows 7 connection issues ? a friend of mine barely sees the entire server list not only CF server... what should be thee problem ?

• win7 is no prob at all
    i use it too

lag depends mainly on the i-net... the location of the server and the location of the client
    the i-net is like the name does suggest a net... and there are different ways to reach the center of it (describing it as a picture)
    some ppl have a better connection to other servers, other ppl have a better connection to this server

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!