Posts by Salim

i tried 5 mods, and atm i'm playing 4 mods at once. I can tell my opinions :

-Void : My first mod where i really played long there, it's a great mod with 3D systems to explore, also many ships and many guns.....But the community isn't very good there, sometimes there's flames and such moans which destroy the void's popularity but it's a laggy server due to many useless things : Those many 3D systems, many peeps standing in one system, etc....

-CF : ^^ the very first mod i played in, one year ago. It was great, great systems, many things to explore, also good pvps, but it was really hard to buy the complete equipment alone, as i'm a lazy trader.

-Hambourg city : good vanillia mod, good pwnage and no specific rules, so dockrape kill starfilers kill al overkill etc....also peeps act sometimes like d**ks, but the server is always full due to that "freedom", also the server is laggy and crash sometimes.

-BSG : a very nice mod, from the battlestar galactica series, the ships from the series and the planets, also huge battlestars and some cool trades and fights, the community is funny and mostly without flames.

That's my opinions.

Certainly,

CF was in the first a bad experience, one yea ago, wanted to return some months ago and now it's real great ^^
    maybe getting some more FL experience in other servers 1 year long made my 2nd experience here better :)

but in disco two experience and the both were bad :/

anyway each mod has his defaults, and his good points.

DISCO is very bad
    Simple :
    Your a outcast, Say LOL good joke matey to a liberty navy ennemy but friend, BANNED for out of roleplaying = OORP. But i gotta admit that some guys use em too much...but thats not a reason for a ban rofl
    Same for smileys

ALSO disco pvps sux, its way to make money is hard and boring, its peeps have the worst behaviour ever, its rules are abusive.

Disco universe annoyes, its big for nothing really
    they make it big, but guys like corsairs and outcasts cant move out of their ZOI : Zone of interest.
    IT MEANS that outcasts or corsairs can't go to a system where there isn't npcs of that faction.

Do you think disco is good ?

nah i just advise you Void for its hard pvps, and the multitude of setups and ships
    BSG for its universe and cool fights.
    Hambourg city case its crazy mod with crazy peeps where u can pwn and get pwned without end due to the non overkill rule, also u can dockkill dock rape pwn trade pwn lvl1 guys (rofl), HC is very advised to chill after a hard day ^^

Regards
    Viper

EDIT: oh and 2 little disco stories experience :

Me : hey mate
    after...
    a guy : i have enough prooves to make you banned
    me : oh what i did ?
    him : do'nt play the ignorants
    me : i rly dunno what i did, maybe smething that i wasnt aware of?
    him : you use lol and smileys too much
    me : oh ROFL
    him : i have some friends in admins and you'll be banned
    me : oh ye so disco bans by the advise of admins friends ^^
    some hours before.....
    him : ok tell me the rule 2.3
    me : sry but i do have a life, i don't learn the rules every day every night m8
    him : then youre stupid !!

+1 jack bauer, u said what i just wanted to say : didnt say guns are absent, but most never use em as PRIMARY weps
    good idea saxon raider.
    but the DKA and PPC are better than CG.Why? cause looks at its effects, CG are quite small guns effects (like nomad guns) so its harder to hit with me, but DK and PPC are greater in that effects, make hiting a bit easier.
    oh plz make new guns it wont take more than one day i guess :(
    just make effects write a little text write numbers balance em and calculate refires e.g.:
    DK : 800 hull dmg refire 2.00, ( a gun) : 400 hull dmg refire 4.00
    etc... it will be perfect balance.

in my first starts at CF, i used a gunso and staid one day and emoved that setup, im pretty unhappy with my three missiles and i blow up on em, cause im not used to em. im most of a gunso.

well
    bea in mind that i dont insult OP efforts, or his work, i say that its worth caring about gunners a bit, would bring more vanillia players here.

Regards
    Viper / Salim

well i'm just suggesting to improve guns which are quite unused here...

but bear in mind that everything what OP will do will satisfy me, as other imrpovments are not to be forgotten ^^

Later we will discuss about some changes if needed !

rofl
    later later, then forgotten
    changes NOW, if theres no changes NOW, then they will never happen.
    create new guns instead of missiles!

but i do agree to make a beta test open for all, in a period of one week, where we can decide what's good or not, before some group of peeps stay unhappy one year long waiting for 1.9

only if u restrict 2 missiles per ship, and create more guns with different refire rates...
    well gunners have the right to complain about don't caring about em don't they?
    few us want news guns, cause we often used guns only + torp in other mods or from vanillia or even from the beginning of freelancer.
    we need to be listenned, theres gunners besides missile men :'(

Regards
    L'arab

oh and OP also unlock the gate of NY in alaska, it would help us a lot to get on NY ;)

not rly if they make em eating energy, make eating 180 energy and you'll see :D
    or maybe 300, so energy will go down faster, and make missiles eats energy too so 8.88 would be a good step.
    also why not putting repair turrets on the next mod? D:
    do many refires, 8.88, 16.88, 4.00, 5.00, 3.00, 2.00 and put the nomad lasers if needed :D
    the last ones ae very strong, eas big amount of energy but wud be hard to hit with em, as ships are fast on CF and they would be effective ony by skilled guys in aim.

Regards
    L'arab

spam cd => bye bye cm faster
    when missiles will come without cm => bye bye ship
    now peeps wont spam cd for missiles blocks, they'll spam cd to stop EK and to waste cm ;)

and like bauer said, make different refire rates for new guns, care about gunners a bit ;)
    maybe with enuff guns we'll all be gunso :D

8.88 refire rate will be the best gun, cause ships are fast and those can hit the target due t their speed and refire, BUT make em eat very much energy