Posts by CyberBlueJackal

Been playing the single player for a few hours this evening and already experience 2 SP crashes

Game log:

20:08:56.697 --> [i]:Starting Update...

20:09:08.602 --> [i]:Prepare Crossfire Start

20:09:12.269 --> [i]:Starting Crossfire

20:09:16.502 --> [i]:Crossfire is running

23:13:36.410 --> [x]:Crossfire Exit - CODE 00000001

23:13:36.709 --> [i]:Crossfire was closed

23:13:42.823 --> [i]:Starting Update...

23:13:48.916 --> [i]:Prepare Crossfire Start

23:13:50.023 --> [i]:Starting Crossfire

23:13:54.127 --> [i]:Crossfire is running

23:44:16.588 --> [x]:Crossfire Exit - CODE 00000001

23:44:17.009 --> [i]:Crossfire was closed

First crash (23:13:36) - attempting to dock on Freeport 10 after arriving from Omicron Alpha with Legendary weapons

Second Crash (23:44:16) - Killing a Hogosha CSV in New Tokyo

I am getting crashes with the game code more frequently these days so any advice would help

(My game CTD black screen)

Got a question regarding battleships cargos sizes. (and 1 other ship)

So I'm making my plans for when I come to Multiplayer on what my target ship will be, and currently using Singleplayer to gauge ship-trest.

I have seen that someone noted on the Liberty Battleship - Iteron that after its turrets are on it; it's only got a 100 Cargo hold, is this the same for the Bigger Battleships like the Borderworlds dreadnought - Inquisitor?

Also on the speaking of Cargo size/ship ideas

Luna Sunrise - it's weapon count is Gun-Turret 1/5 with (1xC10 / 3xC9, 2xC10) does this mean that the Main gun is a Single class 10 weapons? and the 5 turrets are split as 3 @ Class 9 & 2@ Class 10?)

:bohsw:

Had a listen, they sound ok, it's a shame that someone cannot emulate her voice, would be better, but then again the A.I. Generated voice don't bug me horrifically (except Orillion when you meet him at new Berlin - Windows text to speech! *cringe* Glad it's only once)

Specific shields have strengths and weaknesses for specific weapon types.

+/-10%

So if you have the wrong shields and wrong weapons but you enemy has the perfect counterpart you end up doing 10% less damage while taking 10% more damage from enemy fire.

Thats what people keep forgetting when comparing weapons and shields.

Found this out the hard way on my first run (especially through Core space) - was running the ADV Champion Shield (Graviton) and kept getting Annihilated (because first run is just Run, Run, RUN!) so I have taken the time since finishing the game to learning the common weapons & what style of weapons they are (I.E. Positron, Tachyon, Particle, Laser & so on) and determined what shields are best - Now that I know the bae Basic nomad weapons near enough Mutilate Molecular shields, gotta test Posi and Gravi again.

Also SWAT quick on, the repair Buoys in the Dom systems during first run, they never worked; how does one activate them when you are literally on fire!

Sounds like Research required!
    YES! love doing some in-game research, much like with the Nomads weapons - found out that Molecular shields CRUMPLE under them (exception Renaissance Blaster)

Got a question all.

(for both SP and Mplayer)

Can you transfer your equipment from your smaller ship (I.E. VHF) to big units like the Liberty Battleship - Iteron

by equipment I mean

Armour Upgrades, shield upgrades, power generators, weight reducers.

I know cloaks in Mplayer are a "once built BOUND to that ship) thing so I am aware that once I choose said unit I'm stuck with it

Thanks

*EDIT* - I have seen turret weapons take up cargo points so WRK's are not ideal but I'm looking for more using this as a Cargo ship because then if needed for Battle can always add the weapons

Hey everyone.

So I've just redownloaded Crossfire & every time I open the game the cutscenes are in Greyscale.

Is this normal or is there a fix I can implement?

Everything else is fine just the openings

Hey all.

So I've been planning to join Multiplayer and been using Single player to get experience in dog-fights (Light fighters bring this challenge to life!)

What ship would you say is good that can take on said Light Fighters but could stand up to....say a Warriors Capital Ship?

This is also a "Unpopular Opinion Thread" because I know there will be agreements and Disagreements

Fair enough thank you for the answer.

It was just a spitball idea because I do love the story & to see it played solo is great, but with a friend Shenanigans central.

As for the who would Juni talk to think - I'd say the one who owns the core file/Runs the small lobby would be the one to trigger it the 2nd player can have a rummage in space/traders preparing themselves maybe?

Death triggers - think Halo in multiplayer/co-op sense, if the 1st or 2nd player dies; until combat ends (unless in a VIOLENT system like Dom space) they cannot respawn; and hen they can respawn, they respawn near the ally (while this does "bypass" flight time keeps the premise of co-op going. but much like the Crossfire story where Juni & King can die, if the mission requires SURVIVAL (Nomad Battlecruiser in Sol for example) if you die, full restart at Last auto-save

one other issue which I can get from idea is System jumping; now in the SP I noticed in the later game, entering formation with Jumping A.I. does trigger it for you too (so you jump at the same time).

hey all.

Been a while since I've posted (been busy preparing to become a streamer slowly)

I had n idea & hopefully it could be looked into but how about a Co-op mode of this mod for people that want to do the SP with a friend maybe? while the Multiplayer has been massively expanded through this amazing mod; playing with A.I. is sometimes good but they can be stupid & I had the idea of maybe a Co-op for the story mode from start to end?

would this be feasible or would the coding be too much?

just spit balling an idea here but I feel a few have also had this idea

Hey bud, I've just finished the mod so I can help.

The A.I. is a LOT smarter than the core game this I won't lie about, what you need to do is use your thrusters and Z in tandem (engine kill) because you turn a lot faster, and a lot have bad habits of hiding in the blind spot (rear) behind you.

Also taking shield killer weapons (stunpulse, Taz Di) will assist in combat because even NOMADS have shields, you need a shield killer if you want to make combat easier, don't go mental for missiles, enemies actively use countermeasures now, if you do use Missiles you have to sadly do a KAMAKAZIE into them to make sure they hit otherwise CMD will counter you hard.

I have seen the A.I. does learn how you play and it can hinder you, adaptation is key to survival, I hade to change my gameplay style 8 times over the campaign.

The most Powerful shields are Graviton (ADV. Champion) because a lot of enemies (mainly late game like NOMAD and DOM sects) use weapons that are weakest against Graviton shields (took me 3 runs from IMG Hypergate to Dom'Kavosh space) to figure this out.

As for upgrades you want/need/MUST HAVE the MK9 Shield booster and from Planet Sol/Crossfire Armour class 10 upgrade these will massively boost your survivability (I survived a Mothership core implosion in the final fight because of these boosters)

I hope this helps

Thank the gods I finally finished the mod!

The story for the continuation was well written and planned, I will admit there were times (especially after you go through the IMG Hypergate to the Black Hole where my body shivered in anticipation for hell, which was shortly met on the way through with such fears (motherships, cruisers, battleships) and it never left me hanging for a second.

All the Nomad Fights, all the fleeing form the other Dom sects (Napesh, Warrior, savek), the story; the Dom'Kavosh ships/planet/bases & even when you first arrive in Dom'Kavosh space to be met by a Defence platform face to face and be like "Oh F***....." followed by the sound of fear in the form of a long quiet fart only to find out you made it through enemy territory.

I want to thank the developer of this mod for continuing the story and not stopping its completion, now it's time to get back to Coalition space or hunt for even stronger weapons & to boost my skills because if the story is anything to go by, the Multi-player would be just as hard with Players who would actively hunt me out X-D

I will be replaying the game again from the start at some point and probably for streaming when I get that off the ground because damn this mod needs more love/notice!

FIXED - luckily I save on the Relic station before carrying on - it seems that when gates sling you out (as it always has been) its to the side of the gate and my RNG just so happened to be INSIDE the Hypergate itself (the Dom'Kavosh hypergate has those spikes on it and I got stuck inside one)