Posts by MuG3N

OPR8R, I think it's awesome that you're putting time into developing something completely new. I've always wanted something similar to FL in a newer engine. there are games that are kind of similar, most notably for me Elite Dangerous and EVE Online, but they just don't feel near the same. I wish you the best of luck with this, and a happy holidays my friend.

It's not in my budget right now because I'm unemployed, but once I get some cash flow in a year or so, I'm totally going to donate a good sum of money to you my dude. You have no idea how excited I am to here that someone is even making a concept for something like this.

I'm excited for STAR CITIZEN, but I have a feeling you won't have that same feeling freelancer has, they're going to overcomplicate things too much just like Elite Dangerous IMHO.

G O O D L U C K

Hey my dudes, I figured I'd come back and say hello after going dark again.

So I turned 18, bounced from my dad's house, moved in with my aunt, graduated High School, got a job as a Deli Clerk at Safeway (was shit), quit my shitty job, and enlisted in the marine corps. I got an 85 on my ASVAB test, so most jobs are open to me, and then I just got a 110 on the defense language aptitude battery, and they confirmed to me that I got my top pick of job, which is Cryptologic Linguist. Now I just need to physically train so I'm ready for boot camp in January.

Although I'd love to, I can't come back to crossfire 2.0, my rig is... sub par... to put it lightly. It can handle vanilla FL, but not CF or anything even slightly demanding. And I still have an issue with text flying around the screen. But I think I'll stick around here, it's a nice community!

My all time favorite anime is Samurai Champloo, that's worth a watch.

I'm watching Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans at the moment, it's definitely one of the better gundam shows, give that a watch too.

World Trigger I think is a really good show, I just hope they don't end it to soon.

A few others I think are worth watching if you haven't already:

Aldnoah Zero
    Darker Than Black
    Phantom: Requiem For the Phantom
    (Someone already mentioned Zanyou no Terror)
    Gantz
    Hunter X Hunter

...I'll probably think of more.

I'm just trying to make an interesting reason why they're there. Their story got cancelled, so now there's no real explanation for them... may as well make one for the wiki so curious people like me can be satisfied.

One idea I have is maybe they are an old defense mechanism left in canis the by DK to scare off any intruders from their old colonies and/or stations, much like the Ancient's drones, the difference being the Drones use physical force, where as the Sensor Echos are using psychological warfare to generate a creepy atmosphere. Then if you're brave enough to go somewhere the DK really don't want you to go (such as the Kavash Arc) then the Nomads take over from there.

If you haven't watched this anime, watch it. There are 10 episodes out now. It's the perfect blend of non-stop over the top action, and humor.

What you mean they're not in the mod? I see them on my radar everywhere in canis sector....

If I made up an explanation it wouldn't be completely random of course, it would make sense to the story. Then, maybe they don't get a whole side story, but at least they're not completely unexplained.

I already have a few ideas... ^^

I have another question. (In fact I think I'll just make this a "small questions" thread if that's OK.)

In the Canis Sector, what are these "Sensor Echos"? They're kind of ominous... They have no weapons or shields, they're completely invisible ,and I can only hear them coming out of the trade lanes... and these systems were supposed to have been abandoned.

Illuminati in in CF 2.0 confirmed???

also sorry but I am so done with reinstalling the mod, so I really don't want to take anymore chances where I might have to reinstall. I can make due with the colors I have available. Thank you though, I appreciate the gesture. ^^

That being said, if there is no chance I'll have reinstall, I'd love to help you to test it so people who might have this problem in the future have an easy fix to go to.

Hmm but I just gave my friend his flashdrive back, so now I have nothing to transfer files with :(

You mean red, another color, then back to red again? Yes that's exactly what I did. Red don't work. It's not only white squares, some have different colors, like for example the opening cut scene in the Freeport 7 system has little green squares floating all around.

My guess is that something went wrong when flmm did it's thing.

Something I notice is that when I installed it on my laptop which runs windows 7, I had some options that weren't there when I installed it on my desktop which runs Windows XP SP3. Perhaps that has something to do with it...

I FIXED IT!!!

You know how the Cursor wasn't showing up unless I changed the cursor set around? I guess it was the same thing with the effect particles, because when I changed the particle color from Red to White just now, I don't get any more Ugly blocks.

Here's a screenshot from when the Rogue base gets torpedoed.

After more playing with it, if I select "Red" particle effects, the one I put first into the flmm options, that's the only one that causes the blocks... every other color works just fine.. weird. Bet hey I'll take it, maybe I don't get my first choice in particle colors, but now I can play the game without wanting to hit the monitor with my keyboard ^^

Files

• untitled.JPG

(90.98 kB, downloaded 15 times, last: )