Posts by Apache

Go buy Power Generator MK.V. It is for sale in Frankfurt system.

I don't know about trainers for Freelancer, I always found it just as easy to change a few lines in a .ini file.

It is possible to achieve infinite power by modding one game file, but if I have to explain that step by step, you probably shouldn't be doing that.

Power generators are defined in Program Files\Microsoft Games\ (or where ever you installed it) Freelancer\Data\Equipment\misc_equip.ini.

If you are not sure which ship and which power generator you have, just give all of them the same power capacity, charge_rate, and thruster_charge_rate as the infinite_power generator. That should do the job.

After that, don't start multiplayer, and don't install the daily updates when starting single player, or your changes will be reverted.

Always keep backups of game files you are going to mod. I am not responsible if your game won't start again after you mod it.

The Crystalline key goes on one of your license slots. What ship do you have, and are your license slots occupied by something else?

Same thing happened to me. After reaching the first French base, I get savegame "side story 4: ???", get another 50 million and then nothing happens, the game says "awaiting objective". I tried exploring all of French space, nothing happened, then went back to Earth, assuming the side quest was over, but no Juni and King.

I decided to skip the side story on my main save, at least I have played it now, and I didn't need the 150 million credits.

I would like to hear from anyone who played the side story, and found Juni and King on Order HQ after coming back.

I broke out of the main campaign a few times to visit X-3043 systems, but all before mission 10 (last vanilla mission you can decline), and since the side quest is part of mission 13, I don't see how that would affect the side quest.

Yes, there are some wrecks and things to explore, but the main attraction is the Nomad city.

If you are in single player, you have the option to use godmode to explore the system (F1, Options, difficulty slider to the left)

If you are online, use "safe cruise" mode. (doesn't work in single player, so use godmode there instead)

In free flight (not Go To, Dock, or Formation), activate cruise engines using Shift + W, press Z (no need to wait 5 seconds, as soon as you see it charging, you can do this), then press Shift+W again, let it charge and you are in "safe cruise" mode.

Now the Nomads won't fire disruptors at you. You can use autopilot, as long as your ship doesn't stop for anything in the way. I recommend staying in Free Flight mode and flying manual (mouse flight) in hostile systems, and don't use formation on other players.

If you want to explore Sirius freely and be able to take jobs in bars, you have to do so after mission 9 (after returning from Tekagi's Base with the Proteus tome)

At the end of the mission, the game sends you to the Kyoto base bar for mission 10, this is the last mission you can decline. Please note, from this point to the end of the Crossfire campaign, you will be level 17, and some random missions from bars may not be available because they require a higher level. But the whole universe should be able for exploration at this point.

If you accept mission 10, you will not be able to decline missions 11, 12 and 13 (and the whole Crossfire campaign is technically still mission 13)

There are some breaks during the Crossfire campaign later, but you are not allowed to take jobs from bars during those breaks, because you're technically still in mission 13. If you go to a bar for random missions, the game will say you are already on a mission. You can however use these breaks to explore freely, buy ships and equipment, and do the side quest. (spoilers ahead)

I'm guessing he's playing single player, but what's the point of playing the game when currency is got that fast?

sometimes you just want to finish a game's campaign uninterrupted, without having to worry about unlocking the next mission/needing more money.

But usually you can sell escape pods from your last story mission, and the next one will unlock.

After mission 1, it is possible to go to Custodian, X-3043 and sell your pods in Vega (Karnak Prison) or Neophobos (Ghats Prison).

Stay out of Alaska, I tried selling there, but the jumpgate to X-3043 disappeared after leveling up.

bonus tip: buy a few (10) expensive pods back after you level up (don't leave the base immediately)

That way you always have something to sell immediately after the next story mission, in case the mission npcs don't drop pods.

Also, don't get too much money. Next level requirement is based on your current worth at the end of story missions.

The more your current worth, the more money you need for next mission. It is definitelypossible to level up through the whole campaign with only pods from story missions.

Hi bloodynames,

Since you've tried restarting the mission, are you restarting from an Autosave?

And this might be a dumb question, but... do you have enough cargo space? The option to beam stuff onto the ship won't appear if you don't have enough cargo space.

I was going to ask this too. Blackboxes take one cargo space each, but you have to kill some Dom'Kavash on the way, which sometimes drop commodities. Have you checked your cargo space? If full, drop some commodities to make space

error code 0xc0000005 means Access Violation.

This error can be caused by Ram that is overclocked too far, or trying to write to a read-only file.

Go to your Freelancer install directory, right click on Freelancer folder, and uncheck "read-only" including subfolders.

Also, try running Freelancer.exe with administrator rights (open Freelancer\EXE folder, right click on Freelancer.exe, in compatibility options, enable run as admin)

Don't kill nomads/DK in Canis or Inner Core if you are docked in DK space. All exits out of DK space are guarded by Ion cannons.

If you were docked on DS17, you could (in theory) kill enough hostile aliens to make DK neutral again.

Don't kill, no matter what. Use the "safe cruise" trick to avoid combat.

Activate cruise engines in freeflight, do not wait for it to charge but immediately kill engine, and activate cruise again.

NPCs won't disrupt you.

Doesn't work in single player, but there you have Godmode difficulty, right there in the menu.

There is one way out, but it's of questionable moral. Ask another player to come to you, give him all your money, and then have him kill you. You will be teleported to planet Manhattan.

I'll have a ship docked on the Kavash Arc in Banysia.

What save you have used for start this side-story? I suspect there is problem with savegame file used for start of this side story, which results in improperly functioning of triggers. The most save option is use mission save, but even these may be problem in some cases.

I didn't reload a save, but the latest save was "Mission 24: Crossfire chapter 5 - Coalition". I can reload that save and accept the main story just fine (already tried).

If I reload that save, decline Juni's mission and launch to space, there is no waypoint, and the map says "awaiting mission objective" just like after the side story.

Before mission 10, I did a few things that I maybe shouldn't have done, but I didn't expect any of this to break mission 13 and later:

After mission 1, I visited Custodian, X-3043, Alaska, because I wanted to sell escape pods. I picked up an Eagle on planet Blood and some Nomad guns in FP7 as well.\

After mission 3, I went to buy a Chimera, so I went to X-3043 again (through Texas - Wanderers Pond, Midpoint Rift - Alaska)

I also went to Omicron Minor to farm some Rheinland Battleship pods.

After mission 8, I went to Enigma system (through Tohoku I believe) to sell pods and buy some equipment from Outpost Zeta.

After mission 9, I declined mission 10, and went to Hiruga.

After returning from Hiruga, I played the rest of the story as normal, with no deviations.

For now, I guess I'll just complete the main story, and save the side story for another playthrough

Edit: completed the story without further issues, but had to skip the side quests.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is flying to Toledo and see what happens there.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, or if I should go to Technical support, but I started a new campaign last week, took a break at Mission 24: Crossfire Chapter 5 - Coalition to do the side quests. I reached "Side Story 4: ???" explored everything there, and flew back to Order HQ to continue the main story line, but Juni and King aren't there. Have I missed something, or done something wrong? When I open the map, it says "Awaiting Mission Objective",

Or is it because the mission is work in progress and I can not continue the main story at this point?

Or are you supposed to do something else after reaching the French station?