Posts by Trinity_

Oh boy oh boy am I happy to see an old mate of mine return! Happy birthday first off, and sorry for not writing to you on Skype in this long while. Congratulations on your success with University, and also, cool music you got there. Still have your old edit somewhere on my laptop, usually listen to it when I need a mood boost :D

Anyways, happy birthday once more, and god speed pilot!

"Load attachment number one"

The blackness of the screens is soon gone. A picture appears, of, what seems to be, Captain Hasashi.

"
    Keep the screen up, I got more attachments to load. This is just one of the missing pilots. We got a whole wing to find, along with Miss Emily, who, turns out, is no regular freelancer at all. Do you think she's involved in this many people going MIA? Maybe she went rogue." he speaks to one of the commanding officers on the base.

"It's just that..." he stutters, ".. I hate loosing men in these situations. I'm used to it but.. not this time."

"Load the rest of the attachments and examine them. I'll be back shortly. I have something to do"

He turns around, and starts walking to the door. The station command turns around to see the black figure of the Admiral disappear in the shadows.

"You heard the man! Start loading those attachments, we got some work to do."

All of the attachments were related to the missing pilots of the Beta wing, apart from one, which stood out like a sore thumb. It was the pilot profile of Praetor Vas.

Joshua Vasqez. Trained on Fort Bush, moved to Omega-3 for further specialization. Can knock down a man with his little finger. Usually referred to as the Flying Devil by his enemies, and Savior by his friends and colleagues, he has a reputation through Sirius.

Notorious for his "disposal" methods, he's known for making men and women disappear without ever being found.

What made him famous was the attack on the MNS Firenze, a Maltese-ran Osiris battleship, powered with Nomad/Outcast technology. He found the ship hidden in Upper Unknown sitting cloaked in the middle of the nebulae, boarded it and took down 127 crew members before setting the battleships course toward an unstable jumphole which tore down the ships hull in mere seconds, which killed the rest of its crew.

Decorated with the highest awards from all the houses, Vas was more then a man. He was a super soldier. Most of his crewmen thought that he was genetically engineered to be perfect so they called him Geno. Those who spoke of Geno cannot be found any more.

He joined the Silver Arrows after Captain Hasashi found his stolen ship in one illegal auction warehouse. That day a friendship and rivalry was born.

Not much is known about this warlady. Her records show several attacks on officers of the law, breaching in official file databases and several mischief records. After that her records are blank. Dental records, card records, police records. Everything gone.

If her name is cross referenced with known aliases in the LSF database, we can find her real name. Emily D'Agostino. Every detail, every information matches with her old, fake records.

Many of the informations are classified in her file, apart from common information that are available for everyone.

"
    Direct input - on"

"Accepted", words come out of the AI speakers

"Enter code: Oscar - Lima - Foxtrot - Hotel - India - Lima - India - Kilo - Mike"

"Code accepted", comes out of the speakers

Information comes pouring to the main computer, terabytes of information, ranging from videos, images, reports. You name it, it's here.

Being a secret agent for the LSF, mainly the Spec Ops division, her record size is normal.

"Load last entry"

"Command accepted, loading entry Papa - Oscar - Juliet - Seven".

After reading what you people posted, I think they have made a false promise but, nothing one can't pass over. I'm pretty sure 95% of the people that actually funded/bought the game have constant internet connections, so the 5% that can't play it whenever they want are probably the only people that need to be catered to. But still, my hope for the future is a fully-offline mode, which I think BD/Frontier will eventually put up for the people to claim. Don't get me wrong, I'm no "fanboy" of some sort, I'm just looking at it from another point of view and trying to scan the whole situation that's happened in the past couple of days. I am most assured that this issue will be fixed in the near future, after the game is launched.

I am hoping it doesn't end up with the project dying after the community backs out. I still hope there's a slight chance that the offline mode will be introduced. Just check on how SimCity launched. I know Frontier is much better then EA, so I am hoping it won't come to that.

Oh, and excuse my poor knowledge of the whole situation since I am not really following it that much. I know my money went to a good cause by supporting the game.

I see why they ditched offline mode, and I hope the rest of them do too, since I think the final product, that is the final release of the game is going to be more then amazing. I've had a chance to play Beta more then a couple of times at my friends place and the game is absolutely stunning. I wish my ye'old laptop will be ready for it since I am planning on playing it once it comes out (3 days before the end of the first semester for me)

You're advised not to change any files/folders as you might be kicked and/or banned, like in your case. Try to avoid that in the future.

Being teleported to Pittsburg after getting kicked out from the server usually means you've been detected of Possibly Cheating. If you can re-create the situation you were in before getting kicked, and posting it either here or on the bug tracker, that would be great.

There's a way but I think it's gamebreaking and it can lead you to a ban. You might want to check it with OP just to be sure.

The anti-multiple licenses on same account (where people just switched between chars to, like, put a bounty on a guy with ur pirate char then switch and pick it with ur bounty hunter char, or any other combinations) is sweet.

So, basically, what you're saying is that Freelancers are forced to have one licence per ship per account, and limit their gameplay, by having to have multiple accounts to store multiple ships with different licences? How is that sweet. It's not beneficial to anyone apart from people that are bound to one RP by being in a clan, or to people that are following only one RP path.