Posts by Trinity_

Tried starting the Freelancer.exe directly out of the installation folder ?
    (solved similar - identical - issue for me....)

Yep. Hasn't done anything.

Tried you close launcher and start it again?

Multiple times.

I told you to

, not a shortcut :huh:

Sorry. I haven't expressed myself in the right way. I copied it :D And no, nothing.

did it work?i have the same problem.

Nope.

Screenshot by Lightshot

So, I reinstalled the game, the mod and everything went superb. Now I'm here. I click "Multiplayer" and it says Starting update. And it's been going on for 12 minutes already without anything going on (Screenshot by Lightshot)

SilverFox told me to create a shortcut, so I did, and nothing was fixed.

I deselected "read-only" from EVERY single folder manually, and it's not working. (Screenshot by Lightshot)

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I actually have internet, it's just a visual bug. (Screenshot by Lightshot)

"Lock down the system, we're expecting them. ETA 25 minutes." said the Admiral.
    "
    System lockdown engaged", is heard from the station AI.
    "
    Ground all ships, I'm sending out Alpha wing to meet them near Cambridge", the Admiral added.

They were the Praetorians. Coming directly on call of the Admiral. They were the last hope for the ships stranded in Jormdar. The research facility in Omega-3 has entered lockdown with Silver Arrows patrolling around the hypergate. All communications in the systems are down for the time being.

Alpha wing is steadily approaching the Cambridge jumpgate to meet the wing, but what they find amazes them. The number of ships they were expecting was too high. They expected 3-4 wings at least, and what they saw... 3 ships only. Each with specific marks of their own. They were greeted by the Alpha wing and soon after they entered formation and engaged cruise towards the GMG Facility.

"We got them Admiral. ETA 3 minutes."
    "
    Roger that, maintain cruising speed, we're turning down the Ion Cannons."

Once they reached the facility, they all docked, desperately trying to get to the Admiral for debriefing. Once inside, the whole base was waiting. Nothing was heard, not even a single breath. They slowly but steadily left their ships and stood in front of the crowd that was waiting for them to arrive.

"Admiral", Vas said,"Pleasure to meet you.", he puts his hand forward to shake hands.
    "
    Ah, Praetor Vas. The pleasure is all mine.", he says as they shake hands.
    "
    I wish we met on different conditions. Losing your men is hard, I know. But worry not, we're here to reach them, and save what is left of them."
    "
    That stands as it is. Come with me. We were just briefing the Alpha wing on what's about to happen."

They all follow the Admiral, and the crowd quickly disperses. The mechanics are standing baffled in front of the three ships that docked on the station. The ships were unique, for all of them. They seem to have similar looks but whats underneath is what counts.

For each style of fighting, a ship was made. Praetor Vas had the strongest of the three. Heavy Armor plating, 2 heavy torpedoes, 6 Coalition Gattlings, one countermeasure dropper and two Cataclysm launchers. On top of that, a small optical projector which, seemed, to do nothing. The ship was sprayed with black and red decals, but without any meaning.

Praetor Takanawa, aka. Red Devil had the most agile ship. Two cruise disruptors, 4 W'ar-sy Propulsors, one countermeasure dropper and one Nemesis missile launcher. By far the lightest ship, it was made for hit-n-run tactics. It could outturn any ship made with ease and crack open any hull with a single shot. His hull was marked with the Red Dragon that coils around the ship which he represents.

And for the last, Praetor Devyn, aka Freya, had the Rheinland prototype fighter. 6 Weapons of unknown origin, not tested. Countermeasure of unknown origin, not tested. 4 Missile launchers of unknown origin, not tested. Everything on this ship was unknown, and doesn't match any known ship type. For all they knew it was prototype tech. The ship was marked with green and white decals.

As they move towards the debriefing room, they were stopped as the Admiral has gotten some news. They all stood and waited for something to happen. Then..

"The worst possible moment", he mumbles. "I have to spare more men now."
    "
    Any.... issues, admiral?" Devyn says.
    "
    Apparently a pirate squad is trying to overtake a mining facility in Omega-41 and we have to do something about it."
    "
    It's not a problem sir, we can deal with this with ease." she says confidently.
    "
    If you say so.", he turns around and yells: "Get me Alpha leader on the comms ASAP!"

He turns around, and starts walking a different path, and the Praetorian squad is left standing in the middle of the room.

"Ah, right. Continue walking along the path, then 2nd door to the right. All the info you need is there, my men will take care of it.", the Admiral says as he moves past them.

They continue walking to the room.
    As they enter they see Captain Hasashi, Praetor Vas and Agent D'Agostino on the screens.

"Ha, they were conducting research. Look, there's you Vas!", Devyn starts laughing.
    "
    Cut it out Devyn, it's not funny. I don't see you up there. That makes me a special kind of snowflake, don't it?"

She just frowns and continues looking at the screen.

"So we're saving them, eh? Wait a minute, I know her. She's the girl that the age-..." she tries to speak of something but
    "
    Hey, that's confidential." Vas stops her before she says anything more.
    "
    Oh, right. Sorry boss."
    "
    Try not to blab out more classified info Devyn." Vas looks at her as she frowns.
    "
    Why is she always like this?" Takanawa adds.
    "
    I don't know. Rheinlanders talk too much I guess." says Vas as he turns her look away from Devyn.

As they get briefed on the situation, Alpha wing is leaving Omega-3, and the lockdown is lifted.

The Admiral returns after some time to speak with the Praetors. He enters the room just to see them sitting in the chairs and yelling at each other.

"Have I not told you that you couldn't drink that much sake? Haven't I?" Takanawa argues with Devyn as Vas is looking at his PDA.
    "
    Hey, I wanted to try. And you can't stop me, alright?" Devyn is waving her hands like crazy, trying to explain herself.
    "
    Of course. Not that you haven't left your guts in front of my locker last night but that's not a big deal is it? I had to clean that up!" Takanawa responds abruptly.
    "
    Sucks to be you Takanawa." She laughs.
    "Hey, don't make me com.... Oh, Admiral."

They all turn to see the Admiral grinning at them.

"I see you are having some fun."
    "
    We were just.."
    "
    Hold your breath ma'am. No need to explain yourself. Now, have you gotten all the info you needed? I presume you have so. I've given you the access codes to the equipment room; Special access for Praetor Vas to the side room; access to the deck; access to most of the rooms on the base. In return from you I want to return all of them safely here. If you do, there's a hefty sum of..." he pauses a bit "..Two point five billion sirius credits. That is, if they're all here. I've sent word to the Inner Core station in Weth. They'll provide some information to you once you enter Inner Core."

He comes closer to Vas and whispers

"Reds are in the side room, don't take too much."

He backs up, salutes them all and leaves the room.

"Have you heard what he said? TWO POINT FIVE BILLION CREDITS! I could buy half of New Tokyo with that!" Takanawa yells enthusiastically.
    "
    Yes, yes, we heard him. It's not all yours though. There's three of us here, don't you see?" Devyn grabs him on the shoulder and pulls him closer to her
    "
    Hey, what the..." he turns around and sees her in front of his face
    "
    That means we share it, and you don't run away with the money. Again." she smirks.
    "
    That was one time! Could you let it go?" he pulls back trying to loosen her grab
    "
    It was MY money Takanawa. Could you let go 15 million credits? Eh!?" she pulls him closer to her again
    "
    I promise I'll pay you back once we're done here. Alright? God you can't make a deal with women these days."
    "
    What did you say?" she turns around abruptly
    "
    Uh,.. uh.." Takanawa tries to say something but..
    She pulls him closer and takes him down to the floor.
    "
    Men." she blabs out as she stands herself up.

stick with the Z97. I've recently bought a i7-920 and a mobo that has the fitting socket for around 80 euros. Used of course. The mobo was 20€ because the sound card was faulty.

Actually, as I'm writing this it's the equivalent of a i7-920. It's actually a Xeon CPU. I have no idea as I can't check at the moment, not home.

Anyhow. The Z97 will suit your needs if you're going for the i5. You might want to go for something stronger (maybe an i5-4690k) since the price difference is not as high. As for a GPU, you might want to wait for NVIDIA to release the GTX960 which will be under 200€ but will provide you with an awesome card that's absolutely lovely. Overclockers dream :D

Anyhow. Save your money for now. Buy when you get discounts. Check Amazon, eBay and Newegg on a daily basis for those three (once the GPU releases, on the 25th of January). That's it.

Incoming transmission
    Loading packet data
    Data loaded
    Bypassing encryption
    Done. Loading entry P-O-J-7

It's been over two weeks since we made contact with anyone. Three ships is all that's left. We went in with force, we were met by something stronger then us. We barely escaped. They knew we're coming,.. but how? That doesn't matter now. We're trapped in Inner Core and are maintaining radio silence. If we move, we're spotted, if we try to contact someone outside, we're spotted. And if we get spotted... Oh, then it's really done.

Three ships. Low on everything. Ratios. Water. Ammo. I have no idea how we got into this mess in the first place. The Captain and his crew are desperately trying to scout ahead, drop some nodes to collect data on the system, see what awaits us if we actually try to move out from here.

Three ships. All that's left. Two wings started this expedition. 12 ships, all equipped for the trip. Three ships left. Three. We were decimated once we jumped to Jormdar. We tried to save them but without avail. We escaped, with them breathing behind our necks. It was he that saved us. He that helped us live. It was him.

Captain Hasashi. His posture shows that he's a trained military man. His voice puts fear in your bones, yet is so calm that he can put you to sleep if he wishes to. I heard stories of him killing 14 people with his PDA in a bar on New Tokyo. But that's not all. Strangling a man with his left arm while contacting authorities with his right. He was able to move stuff ten times heavier then he is with ease. He wasn't human. That's what he said. He wasn't. The database provides little to no information on his origins. But he won't tell me.

Three ships. We're doomed. I sent a distress call to the SOD once we were attacked. I'm not sure if the signal reached them at all. The Captain said it was futile. But he also said he had plans to get us out. He mentioned that his ship is equipped with advanced tech. He could disappear without anyone noticing him. He could move without anyone noticing him. But he said he was keeping that for when we need it the most.

There's 4 of us left. Me, the Captain, Beta-4 and Delta-3. Delta wing was hit the hardest. They were not expecting this. They made the ultimate sacrifice. They helped us escape while they were shredded by the Savage. I was trained to mentally block out stuff like this but, nobody tells you that you can't. That I can't. If it was normal circumstances, somewhere in house space, I would've. It's easy. Someone is going to come, that's for sure. But this. This isn't house space. People don't venture here without special permissions. Only the best venture here. Not many have visited the Kavash. And I guess I won't either.

My name is Emily D'Agostino, Agent of the Special Ops Division, LSF. This is my last journal entry. We are breaking radio silence.

If you really want to enjoy killing off everything with ease, that is most common in space, follow this

Ship: Saracen Coalition Very Heavy Fighter (Selling point: Altair - explore a bit, it's not in Sovetskaya)

Weapon loadout: 4x W'ar-Sy Propulsor (Dropped by Savage - Inner Core) / 4x Coalition Gattling (Sold by Coalition - Altair) ; 1x Nemesis Missile Launcher (Dropped from wrecks in Altair) + 1x Cataclysm Missile Launcher (Dropped from wrecks in Altair)

Extras: Adv. Hydroxin Thruster ; Adv. Champion VHF Shield; Shield Upgrade, Armor Upgrade, Energy Upgrade

Most of the stuff you can buy from players in multiplayer.

I was lured to the game by a couple of my friends from highschool, not the actual game promotion itself. Now that I can afford the sub and that I have some free time since I'm currently in finals week, I decided to go ahead and purchase the bundle for $5 since the full price for each part of the bundle is going for $20-$5-$5-$5-$5. I have nothing to loose and I will go with it for now. I infact like these kinds of games, where you need alot of time to make progress, but when you do it's significant; where you can spend months making something but it may aswell be gone in a second; where it feels real to do anything. That's why I was lured in, not the flashy graphics, not the immense universe. No, I am in for the great gameplay mechanics. Add that to the previously mentioned and voila. CCP did an amazing job keeping this MMO from falling into an abyss (Launched in 2003.)

I do not mind paying the $5 fee for the greatest sandbox MMO on the market. Looking at other MMOs, I can see why they would want the fee. The game is basically free2play, but you're paying for the premium. When you do pay the $5 you're just like everyone else there, no "boosts" no nothing, no hidden pay2win walls or anything else. It takes time and effort to advance in this game, along with brainstorming alot. I've had loads of fun when I originally started my trial, and I do wish to continue from where I left on.

If you're a massive fan of space shooters, or MMO games in general, this deal might poke your interest.

MadOrc store (people of Overwolf) have launched the whole bundle on their site for a record $4.99 for a limited time. The bundle includes the Core Starter Pack (30-day game time) and all 4 starter packs (Colonist, Industrialist, Explorer, Skirmisher). If you've seen "This is EVE" trailer, it surely poked your interest a bit, as it did with me. I have tried the game in the past (30 day trial) and I've loved it. But the recurring subscription in order to play the game + the massive amount of time to progress were a bit overwhelming for me so I haven't subbed. Looking at this deal now, I just might go ahead and get it for me since this deal is one of a kind.

More information: EVE Online Mega Bundle - MadOrc Deals (clickable - MadOrc)
    This is EVE trailer: YouTube - This is EVE (Uncensored) - 2014 (clickable - YouTube)

Hop on and join the stars! See you in space pilots!

Prior to adding any other modifications to the original mod, you should ask questions since you can be banned (It shouldn't be a big problem but asking always helps).

You'll need to wait for OP to respond on this one as my knowledge for that specific add-on is non existent.

Also, the relations between the two dev teams are pretty cold. We work on our mod, they work on theirs, and that's pretty much it.

Pardon me here :D

Welcome to Crossfire! I wish you a good time both here on the forums and ingame, if you decide to show up. I myself started playing SP only until I absolutely HAD TO play multiplayer. It's addicting, let me tell you :D