Posts by AFX

I dont think so. But have you checked if the codecs are OK. It wonders me that you have the problems with the movies. Its nothing totally new (codes for the movies) and thus the videos should be displayed without the software gets stuck.

Yeah computers right lol??

But I went online and nothing seems wrong:)

Well, you'll have an idea on what happens if this repeats with other games/stuff.

But this sucks...

I installed Crossfire mod and stated in the options that I want to skip the movies.

Now I start up the freelancer with the mod and the crossfire logo appears. Then Freelancer simply get's stuck again...

:(

i would recommend to check directx (dxdiag) or update some audio and video codecs. You said it crashes after the first video.
    If that does also not work then disable the videos in the freelancer.ini file and check how far you can get

My god....IT WORKED!:D

Disabling the intro video's

Thank you!!

uhhh
    It's edited to skip the test and it still does it ?
    How many FL installs you have ?

I know what test it is and I allready tried starting up Freelancer so I unchecked the box to show that the graphics card is not campatible. Thats why it probably
    was on TRUE allready.

I have 1 install of Freelancer. Trust me, i'm not a noob when it comes to installing Freelancer:P

I checked about your card and config, but I don't see how to fix that, I'm not even sure where's the incompatibility issue.

I don't think an old driver would be an issue, one of those cards would work perfectly even without a driver.

Freelancer just uses 1 CPU, no matter how many you have, but not sure about the graph cards, try deactivating one card temporarly.

Disabling a card is not possible. Disabling intel card is not an option since it will disable my entire screen.

As I have reported in the Crossfire topics I was having problems running freelancer crossfire wth the geforce gt540M laptop card.

I have a laptop: Asus K73SV

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
    i7 proc
    8GB mem
    500GB HDD
    Intel HD3000/Geforce GT540 combination

A few days ago I actually found out that without crossfire I have the same issue. Back then I have tried multiple things like:

- Reinstalled Windows 7 multiple times
    - Running Freelancer with compatability to Windows XP SP3
    - Administrator rights
    - Tried many different versions of the geforce drivers
    - and more stuff...

Today I finally was able to get a hold on the WIndows error reports and this came out:

So I'm able to run Freelancer on the Intel chip but when I want to start Freelancer with the geforce card 'ntdll.dll' seems to be causing a conflict when trying to start Freelancer. Freelancer will actuallty start but when the first video logo has passed, Freelancer gets stuck.

What can I do to fix this?

Thnx in advance!

WARNING SPOILER DONT READ IF YOUR NOT THERE YET!

I'm at a point where I picked up the device. At a point where I get the message that there's a second gate being build in coalition space. 'Get a job' the message also said.

So I landed. I still had some datadisks so sold those for loads of money. Now I'm level 67 and I still get no new mission! Also my current worth is like 50 mil and next level requirement says...18 million. I'm already worth more then that!

How do I advance to the next mission?

and we are talking about which problem?

Well in short I have a laptop with the optimus technology.
    It has the intel HD3000 on the CPU and the graphic card GT540M on it.

THe crossfire mod works fine on the intel HD3000 (altough slow with shaders on) but
    when I want to play crossfire with thr GT540 the game starts up and I see the swat portal short video.
    After that the wallpaper should load, but instead the game just gets stuck.

Iv tried reinstalling the entire windows and updating everything to the max.
    I tried multiple geforce drivers including the newest one released yesterday,
    but the problem still occurs.

EDIT: I looked at the system logs and it logged the application hang.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I uploaded the error and code in this zip file if you want to
    take a look at it.

I had it sometimes that people told me that they have put the IESHIMS.dll into the freelancer exe folder and then they could start - at least sometimes the missing of that file was reason enough. Although it should have an affect on the launcher and not on freelancer itself.

A small update on my side.

Yesterday nvidia brought out new official drivers. I also tried these but crossfire won't start with the GT540M card. Also tried changing various graphic settings for freelancer in the NVIDIA menu, but also no luck:(

I had it sometimes that people told me that they have put the IESHIMS.dll into the freelancer exe folder and then they could start - at least sometimes the missing of that file was reason enough. Although it should have an affect on the launcher and not on freelancer itself.

Tried, but also didn't work. something is up with the nvidia card...