List with bugged ships

There are 36 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Flash_Gordon.

• Maudib make the petition to bring all ships back. I will sign that with pleasure.

When IOC tested the Karak the only time it didnt take damage was from one firing angle. It took 10 minutes for Argos to find the angle while I sat in immobile. Then Argos moved around and again it took several minutes to find the angle again. I still cant believe it was banned for that. It is rubbish.

Maudib let us not start finger pointing towards any clans for complaining. It is counterproductive and you would find it ironic which clan pushed the hardest for the Karak to be banned, which then led to the Predator.

All ships should be allowed. If people have difficulty killing a certain type of ship then they should Practice. Why should we have to "dumb down" pvp. It is silly.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• I was told at certain angles the Shroud doesnt properly take damage. I'm sure if we get out our microscopes we can find those angles also. As OP said " all custom ships have bugs".

Yes Burros Do Bite.

SMG Forums

• .. many players ask me "where to buy shroud,bla,bla,bla" and after they fight me many of them think that shroud is bugged because they cant hit me like they want me to ...

so bugs here ... only players desperate in trying to find an excuse for something they dont understand ...

the only ship that isnt logic to use is Kossac .. but its all good now cuz the patch has slow that ship down and its not uber-agile like it was before ...

hm, when is the next bigger fight .....

Originally posted by burro
    Maudib make the petition to bring all ships back. I will sign that with pleasure.

Maudib let us not start finger pointing towards any clans for complaining. It is counterproductive and you would find it ironic which clan pushed the hardest for the Karak to be banned, which then led to the Predator.

I know exactly what happen and why regarding Karak and certain LP

I just told u about my personal story and why this mod stopped being fun for me at one stage, as I am in CSF it stands to reason anyone complaining about me in pvp would be IOC or BG or CFPD, cos thats who I fight.

But u r right, lets not bring clan stuff into this

Basically all I am saying, simply, is when Predator is banned, this mod lost some of its charm for me, not cos it gave me an edge in pvp, but cos I actually enjoyed flying it - it was a real pleasure and hats of to the designer

@usul - If i ever see that you (bad stuff) about other clans again (no matter if you hide it in Roleplay stories or say it public) it will be the last thing you have said here in this community.

If you have a problem with what Ive said here... then leave my forum and my server!

OK

• i just said that all ships are not perfect... some fit by 60% some by 90% some by 99% but in the end no ships will reach the 100%

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• this was not intended as a discussion thread about what is bugged and what not!!!!!

this is only the result of some serverside tests that were made with some ships!!
    the results were that the 3 ships listed in the first post were somehow put into a bad light so we decided (and i mean many of us) that these ships should not be used in RP.

i posted this once again because Flash and me wanted to avoid misunderstandings.
    this is a short summary of old discussions about bugged ships.

• I got my ass kicked numerous times in my predator, never felt like i wasnt taking damage and never heard a complaint from the oponent. So let us fly them an rp...

Buy a ticket, take a ride! [45]

DD BlackOps Hassassin

Originally posted by Marshal Cunningham
    (I've even seen a ragnarok go down). :D

I have taken a Ragnarok down (a looong time ago)

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• I know it's slightly off topic, but not much. When are the dual mine launchers going to be unbanned? I understand that things get banned for a reason, but it seems very silly to me that we've got 3 ships and a mine dispenser we're not allowed to use, and if we've got more than 1 missile launcher mounted on a given char it'll get banned for "spamming." Are these things fixable, or should they be removed from the mod completely so that SPs don't have to waste time enforcing the bans?

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

Originally posted by Capt.Gonzo
    I got my ass kicked numerous times in my predator, never felt like i wasnt taking damage and never heard a complaint from the oponent. So let us fly them an rp...

I used the Predator as a merc too and realy loved it.

My personal opinion to this ship is, that its a bit more difficult to hit (because of its design!) - i never had probs with players fighting against me. Never heard of being a bugger or something else in this ship. And i was blewn up several times too ;) in it.

I will sign in your Petition Kwitz, and will buy me one back ( when getting permission) if he comes back to RP life.

Click the image above to visit us.

• I PvPed against a predator yesterday and killed it without taking any damage. I didn't see anything wrong with it that a little bit of lag can't explain. I'll sign the petition too is it comes into being xD

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• What about the Karak?? It is a fun ship to fly and it takes plenty of damage. People only need to look at my stinky pvp% stat to see that lol.

If there is a petiton for the Predator then please also include the Karak on it.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

SMG Forums

• the karak has been tested in the past to exhibit some serious problems with regarding taking damage on too many points/panels of the ship.

for this reason its been taken out of RP because it can offer too much of an unfair advantage to the pilot in pvp/battle scenarios. its ok to use it outside of RP tho, as is the Reliant BS which has serious enough issues too to be excluded from rp.

• Dopple, I dont mean to argue but people said the same thing about the Predator with the same silly testing.

Testing a ship while it sits still, looking for the perfect angles to find flaws?

The Karak has very poor shields. It only takes 2 or 3 good hits to be destroyed.

The testing I saw there were only 2 points that had probs with taking damage. The first on the front panel with just the perfect firing angle. The 2nd was the panel behind the cockpit from above again only with the perfect firing angle.

When these ships are moving those angles are almost to impossible duplicate. The testing methods are completely invalid imo.

My 2 cents.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

SMG Forums

• so is this official now?????
    Predator is not on the "not wanted in RP list" anymore?
    it would be nice to have some more opinions on this. some test results.
    it is a ship from Neophobos so i dont know if Dopp is really objective on this matter :D:D:D

Gunny m8, what is ur opinion on this?

imo Predator does not take damage well in battle (may depend on many factors). i will not buy one!

Originally posted by Boyscout
    imo Predator does not take damage well in battle (may depend on many factors). i will not buy one!

Yes i see the same,no damage ?(

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.