StarLancer

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Centaurian.

• the same thing i posted at the Games section about FL:
    i wanted to edit something with the stats editor and i found there missiles i never heard of them:Hell fire,Stalker,Blazer,etc. i also found some *new* ships

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• The only missles in Starlancer were the Screamers, Raptors, Solomons, Bandits, Vagabonds, Jackhammers, Imps, and Havoks.

• wrong - coalition use different missiles... multiplayer use different missiles

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Really? Then what was Nicolai using when he was assaulting that arms ship? Surely sounded like Screamers.

And good to see your still the same OP as I remember. :D

• whoever you are... the coalition does use different missiles

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Eh, oh well.

And it's Baldy, I was just really bored and looking on Lancers and thought, "Why not see whats been going on over at Crossfire?"

Graphics is busted so I'm stuck playing only RTS's...while they are great they can get a bit too boring :evil: ...

• ehmmmm...he's right.Coalition uses Alliance missiles:solomons,screamers,etc. or maybe i have a wrong version^^

edit - i think OP said 'only in MP'

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• Ok, here's a different issue: I am just trying to get thru the missions as fast as possible, so I can get the dialog recorded, so I'm playing with the "easy" setting". I'm in the middle of mission 22, and I'm killing off fighters like flies; Golden Warriors jump in, and as soon as I have killed 2 of them, SL crashes to desktop, with a Microsoft error reporting window popping up. I could not find anything on the MS Starlancer support page about this failure. My kill count for the mission is higher than that shown by Starmasta on his SL mission overview, so I am wondering if there is a memory overflow if I kill too many ships in the mission? The only other suggestion from MS was to be sure the game controller and sound card did not have the same IRQ setting, and I am still investigating this one... any ideas?

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• deactivate 3d sound (yes i know... but SL has the same prob ^^)
    if that does not work try to play it in software mode
    if that does not work... install win98 or winMe.... that will work for sure ^^

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hmmmm.... odd that I should be able to get so far into the game before this became such a problem; but this is not the first mission that had such a crash. Just that previous crashes seemed to be isolated, and I was able to play past the point I last crashed, on the next try. Anyway, I'll check the 3D sound when I get home [7]

EDIT : Seems the problem was not 3D sound (it's been off all along); looks like the real culprit was Win XP auto-updater. I had it set for "download & notify", and it was trying to do a DL in mid-game, blowing out both the game & the download :( Mission 22 accomplished; now to find the right position to kill those torps in mission 23... 8)

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)