Shroud and other ships

There are 39 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Drakon.

• Shroud most people have it
    last event i entered only two or thee of about 15 where playind not with shroud
    i fly with Komodo Dragon and in deth matches i end up at top 3 (i kill a bunch of them)
    last time someone told me that i have to weak ship to play in event

so why Shroud is the ONE
    is it because 2xtorpedos and CD
    i have a Fury too witch is similary agile

Is threre other ships who is concidered equal to Shrouds please tell me or is it just a matter of fashion

• You use a Komodo Dragon and end up in the top 3 in Top Gun?? Deathmatches?

What is your in-game name....let's see. :D

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Just as in Vanilla FL and other games there is a mainstream ship/weapon/equipment. Mainstream - most used and most popular. So in CF the Shroud is mainstream... Can`t tell ya anything else

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• Well there are plenty of other ships that are just as good as a Shroud, but most people use the Shroud because its the easiest ship to use. Any ship can equal it, but it takes a damn good pilot to do so. Some other ships that are on the same playing field include:

Saracen
    Karak - BUGGED
    Kossac
    Saber
    Angel Wing
    Malice
    Deathblade - Also has 3x Torp/CD Slots
    Warblade - Also has 3x Torp/CD Slots
    Predator - BUGGED
    Naginata
    And a whole slew of others.

The main reason that the Sroud is probably the most used, is because the top pilots on the server use it, so a lot of people follow. Ive used a variety of different ships, including the Saracen, Karak, Angel Wing, and Death/Warblade. All of which can kill a Shroud in a fight if used properly. So it all boils down to which ship works best for you, and which one you can make work the best.

Crossfire Characters:
    (IOC){Dark_Angel} and any derivatives thereof.

• The Shroud is a well-balanced, attractive-looking ship. It has the basic template of 6 guns (2 of which are lv 9), 3 torp/CD slots, average mass, and average armor ratings.

Other ships vary from the shroud in many ways. There's a balance of armor, firepower, cargo, and mass. Increasing one or more results in a proportional decrease in other areas. I don't think there's a ship exactly like the Shroud, it's just that it's the jack of all trades and one of the most flexible ships out there. While specializing in one strong area can be very effective, getting the kind of ship you like the feel of can be challenging. Most people prefer a balance because their piloting skills don't make up for whatever strengths and deficiencies would occur if they got something radically different.

I'll pilot a Deimos sometimes, for instance. Insanely powerful weapon hardpoints and great armor. It turns like a brick though and is easy to hit - thus I lose PvPs with it. Some people go the other way and get something tiny and swift. Trouble for them comes along when they fight a marksman. Their hull gets completely mauled if they can't evade the other person's attacks. These people can't outgun the opponent so they have to fight opportunistically. With the Shroud people don't have to worry all that much about what weaknesses to be aware of. That's why I think it's so popular.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• I`ve noticed that the Predator is bugged too... HArd for me to explain, but it has to do with the gun hardpoints.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• The Predator is indeed bugged, and it has nothing to do with the guns.

The front (and possibly rear) two prongs on the predator, as illustrated here , take no damage whatsoever. And it is these two prongs that can 'protect' the main hull of the ship when the pilot turns out of a pvp pass, which looks roughly like this to you in the fight. End result, your guns hit these invulnerable protrusions and do no damage, and your opponent slips away only to launch an attack whith your back turned that ends up killing you when they should be dead.

Crossfire Characters:

Originally posted by SANDS_OF_TIMEIII
    The Predator is indeed bugged, and it has nothing to do with the guns.

The front (and possibly rear) two prongs on the predator, as illustrated here , take no damage whatsoever. And it is these two prongs that can 'protect' the main hull of the ship when the pilot turns out of a pvp pass, which looks roughly like this to you in the fight. End result, your guns hit these invulnerable protrusions and do no damage, and your opponent slips away only to launch an attack whith your back turned that ends up killing you when they should be dead.

I guess that you have this ship. Buy it if you do not have it then buy it and you will also be invincible.

btw there are so many other points to hit the ship. I think it will be difficult to hit the ship at the prongs. The Predator is the most agile ship in the game and thus he can out turn you and kill you :P

In words of your leader CA " Get better skills." :P:P:P

I know that you DA nearly killed Sev but some people's statements never change :P:D

THE FASTEST ONE

• Predator is not the most agile ship in the game. I can out turn a Predator in my Shroud, but it all boils down to pilot skills.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• 1) I own this ship in single player, and i am switching my server chars from Shrouds to karaks upon my return....I dont use bugged ships to win fights, nor do i need to.

2) True, there are other points to hit the ship, but not when you are flying head on in pvp style, unless you manage to reverse and strafe the second the player passes you. Even then those areas are avaiable to you only for a brief second or so before tehy turn around to face you.

3) It is indeed more agile than a Shroud, but manuverability is worthless if you dont knwo how to use it to your full advantage

4) Yes, i nearly killed Se\v/, and in a battle, nearly doesnt count....your point?

Crossfire Characters:

Originally posted by supercars

Then I will out turn you in a Malice :P:D8)

ROFL !!

do you want to fight me in my eagle?

well...no ^^

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• shroud is a good ship, but mostly a spam ship, I think the more agile is the karak.

about eagle, well, it is better then the most of CF ships, only problem is that only have's one CD/Torp, you can bet I would use it more often if it had another one of these slots.

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• We need to be careful here as any negative comments about the Predator will affect Dopple's second hand Predator selling business and that aint any good.

To vitas - ur point about doing well in events at the beginning proves the pilot is just as an important as the ship - perhaps even more important.

I say dont go with the crowd - stand out and do your own thing - and learn and practise your pvp skills when you get the chance. I also think learning to be competent with different ships is also a good skill to require.

I personally like the 'feel' of flying a Predator, which was the first ship I bought with my hard earned cash in Crossfire - Also will other people join my

DEAR OP - PLEASE FIX THE PREDATOR CAMPAIGN - as getting that turret firing forward would be nice.

Please add your name below here

:->

• I used to fly the Komodo Dragon; its ability to field 2 360 degree turrets instead of the usual 1 allowed it to have just a little more firepower (I am not much of a torpedo user).
    Though its weight does reduce its agility.
    I now fly coalition ships.
    I just wish there was a Bretonian fighter that could wield class 10 weapons.

Hate the Games Workshop rules? Check: 20000AD Project
    We're still working on it...

"If this band moved in next door your lawn would die." - Lemmy Kilmister

• my favorite looking ship is "Avenger". its only problem s is - very low agility. i wouls really like to see that ship a bit more agile, cuz its really cool to fly in it..
    shroud is also good, and i use it only cuz its the only ship with 3 slots for torp/cd and the manuverybility is also good ...
    but there are many better ships ...
    there is a ship in coalition space that was used very often in 1.62 mod version. i really dont understand why is noone is using any more, cuz in the old time whole space was full withn those ... i wont tell ya which ship, cuz its up to you to explore the space and find it ...

• Again, there is NO best ship. It's best to try out yourself what ship best fits you. I myself like the Tempest. Heavy armour rating and pretty good manouverability. Fits my fighting style perfectly.

Member of the Lost Prophets since 2006!