Noob question: What happens when you are killed?

There are 24 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Tyrael.

• Hi all!

I have only been playing CF for a short time, so I'm very inexperienced.

What happens if you are killed? I mean what happens to your ship, cargo and unequipped items?

See you in space

Alpha

playing as "Omega_1-1"

Char: Multitudes

• You will loose cargo and any unmounted equipment and respawn will be at the last place you docked

-edit- damn spelling sucks today :/

• Thank you for a straight answer!

Though I'm not a trader, this could be sad for traders. Some cargo hauls will take you through many systems and you will face the risk of getting shot down. Oh, well - I guess this has been tested in the previous versions of CF.

This is my first attempt at a mp game. Before trying CF I tried Vanguard (plane FL vanilla), and got blasted out of the sky when I was app. lvl 10 in a Starflier by some other player at lvl 60 with all the great gadgets.
    This behavior has not been seen on the CF server - great if you other players will give the rookies a fair chance to gather equipment before blowing them to space dust.

Watch the moons tonight!
    Alpha

Flying as "Omega_1-1"

• as a rule players under level 40 shouldnt be fired upon or put into an rp situation where the odds are stacked against them with no hope of escape or appeasaing thier attackers.

as for traders, i am one, the cost of most commodities here is a lot less than thier selling price. as such profits can far out wiegh the risks involved en route.

if you need any help/advise server side just ask any SP or clan member, maybe not the pirates tho :D

have fun and welcome to crossfire

• Once again thanks for your answers!

It's great when one can get help from a community.

This kind of attitude must be an inspiration to newcomers and I will make sure to do my part when I am in the lucky situation to be able to answer questions instead of asking them.

8)

See you all in space
    Alpha

Flying as "Omega_1-1"

• Welcome :))

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

Originally posted by Alpha_1-1
    Hi all!

I have only been playing CF for a short time, so I'm very inexperienced.

What happens if you are killed?

If you are good, your soul goes to a GMG supply depot in Sigma-13

• A correction to the first answer, when you die you keep any items that you have equiped and any ammunition that you have. There is no credit-penalty if you die from NPCs, navigational hazards, or your own weapons, but if another person killed you they will be rewarded with up to 100,000 credits from your account (if you become bankrupted by this you will lose all of your remaining credits and you will respawn at Planet Pittsburg). All cargo and unmounted equipment will be lost and you will respawn at the last place that you docked. If you are flying a freighter the same applies, except that when you die you will also lose all of your ammunition, flares, mines, ect. even if the corresponding equipment is mounted. If the server crashes (or your connection fails) you will lose all progress made since the last time you docked at either a base, jump, or tradelane. :)

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Thanks for the feedback.

Sometimes I see on the console that someone "committed suicide". What does this mean?

Did they die from own ammunition or what? Or did they just logout/loose connection?

I have tried to search the forum for noob guides but have not been successful. If I might suggest it would be great for newcomers if this community had a sticky thread addressed at newcomers that could answer all these questions that I'm sure that you all have heard before.

See you in space
    Alpha
    8)

• suicide is when you kill your self intentionally!!

no seriously, after a pvp if you have taken hull damage its cheaper to planet dive than to pay the horrendous repair bills. it doesnt affect your stats and you respawn with full hull and armour at no cost, also no repair bills to your equipment and weps. ive had repair bills in excess of 6mil after a hard pvp.

• but dont shoot yourself, this counts on the pvp stats :(

[angel] Give me your hand and follow me into the light! [angel]

MSN: MarcBomber@arcor.de (no mail)
    IRC: irc.quakenet.org:6667 #Bomber

[SIZE=1] Post last edited by MarcBomber on 11.09.2005, 10:01 AM. [/SIZE]

• simple answer ...*deep voice*you die.... :evil:

MY AVATAR IS UNIQUE

From the darkness we come to the darkness we all shall go
    ........................................................................................
    Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, cum possit, iubet. Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

Translation:

The descent to Hell is easy. He who does not forbid sin commands it. Without the cross, without the light, nothing dies. We are but dust and shadows.
    Eve online chars: RavenMcDougal

• Most of the times when you get killed you explode right?...

?(

And about shooting yourself is not good ....its true ;(

[6]

• well i learned all hard way by experience and mistakes

about killing your slef what can you offer a guy who is stuck inside a station due to connection loss or server reboot :D i experienced it my self and i was asked for help ingame with same problem
    :] but i managet to get out of them alive due to patience and long experience with FL

• hmm when YOU are killed?.... then I get a kill added to my stats

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well, so far it has not been a problem 8)

I'll just try to upgrade my lvl 8 shield before I will start adding all of you to my statistics score :)

Once again: Thanks for the feedback
    & see you all in space
    Alpha

• When you get stuck inside a station docking port, just hit F1, reload the character, then find the startion on your radar and redock with it. You might have to do this several times, but eventually, it will work.

• He was a noob a few days back and hopes to take down all of us. He very well might.

Alpha if you want to beat Sev then you will need a Adv. Champion Shield which is available in Hirgua, a MK 5 Power Generator, a good ship (maybe Shroud), DKA Guns, Dual Mine Dropper, Mosquito Cruise Disruptor and a MK 10 Shield Upgrade. [9] [8] :P

THE FASTEST ONE