NY campers

There are 63 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gunny.

• Dopp, care to send me that oh-so profitable Sol Run traderoute by PM? :D

If you want I can pay you online for the info... Just ask for a price and we'll do a deal. :P

And I have to agree, if you are a trader, you always look for the most profitable route there is and then use and abuse it. If it happens to be in NY, I say its fine! Why prevent others from making a living?

The only troublemakers in NY are the experienced players who camp there and/or take cover there when they are being pursued. Period.

I say, leave the traders out of this. :))

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

• Dopple and UAC

You are making good points regarding NY and its suitability for trade. It's a shame a few of you are damn good pvp pilots as well!!

Reviewing the trade routes over the last few days (since the Sol run disappeared) it seems the best trade routes now require a APC/Train combo which fits well for larger clans but may be a problem for smaller clans getting people together to do it.

The other train route is the Prisoners to Stutt one which has not changed under the dynamic universe and is probably better than anything u will find in NY.

Making cash is definately harder now and I think that was OPs intention.

In light of all these discussions - maybe all we need is for server police to keep an eye out in NY and respond to complaints about campers/cowards.

Not sure what a coward is - If I was being chased by 3 LPs and no one online to help me - I may consider running to NY - mabe

However I said b4 - I dont see why people cant run to NY to escape death - if they are breaking server rules - that wont protect them

Pilots have many ways to manage their pvps
    Ship
    Equip (thrusters to escape pvp)
    Skill
  • valid points, well recieved, from renegade and Az, the origonal argument was regarding, primarily, the ppl who use NY as an escape from persuers. in my view that is still wrong coz it defeats the rp of both parties.

learn to fly your ships better.
    learn the systems better and map accurately.
    have the foresight to look out for possible attackers and allways have your escape route planned.
    or if you are like me just lead ppl on a wild goose chase for the laugh and they eventually give up after chasing you accross half of sirius. that is what its supposed to be like - FUN.

i challenge any clan to persue and catch me just to prove it can be done. ill have my lowly APC, you can fly what the hell you like!!
    help is not needed if you plan what you want to do, if you know where you are going before your attackers get to you, PLANNING, takes 2 minutes.

the trading is harder now and OP meant it to be like that, another way to force more RP. its welcomed but as you can see it also comes with drawbacks, everyone has to compromise as far as ppl who are trading is concerned, not just the trading clans. hell, i admit, i earned a hell of a lot of money on the sol run and it was good too see it back the other day, would have been bettter if BG(and other ASF) could have formed a blockade, multi RP!! still wouldnt catch me tho! ;)

Doppleganger

• So let me get this straight:

1. Recon quits because Wavey wants to place a ban on the NY campers (which Recon is not one of these).

2. The NY campers know who they are and are using NY as a hiding place to avoid their clans rp AND to make their clan tons of credits.

3. Yes, there are some server clan stores there, which need to be moved to their home system.

4. Clans need to take control of their members and lay down the rules about NY. It is not to be used as a safe haven from your rp, there are plenty of places for that...like your home system and docking at a base.

5. Before the trades of 1.62 +, we worked for our money, while under constant attack from rival clans, pirates and mercs. Which really made the game fun and made most of us good pilots. Those of you who are crying about the super trades have no clue how easy you have it. We had 1 great route in 1.57, there are now atleast 20 I know of.

6. When you decide to join a clan that has a RP, you do not hide from your duty or your clans RP, you get out there and do it. If you are a criminal of any type or there is a warrant on you, CFPD is going to kill you once for that offense and pursue you due to your RP.....and yes......we expect to be attacked by pirates, mercs etc.

We expect Privy and company to steal whiskey from Op, raid Tarsus to tax or kill a trader etc. And they know the consequences....so stop your crying about the NY subject and make your members do their job and not dishonor your clan.

Enough has been said in this topic and we all get the point.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.