Game Immersion

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• OK, been thinking about this for some time, and hence people keep making suggestions I will put my own.

1- Consistency of bases -Since ever the lack of consistency in the bases have nagged me (for example, going into a Bounty Hunters base to find Blood Dragons at the bar, and maybe (not the case) Weapons from Bretonia. The same go to some of the rumours that are geographically misplaced. I understand that this is a really methodical issue to fix taking more time than OP may have available, but it would really help with game immersion.

2- Reputation Consistency - Hence there isn't that many players to conduct role play, I would vote not to have clean reps, or, to have licenses to force a character into a faction. Of course a Junkers or Zoners licence would give you access to nearly everywhere, but maybe not to buy every single item (and maybe a faction hostile to Zoners could be created).

3-Pods could be differentiated by Faction, and have prices accordingly.

Maybe I am complicating to much and people just like the Arcade feeling, but I do think these would improve gameplay (Yes, maybe I am getting bored).

PS: We still don't really have a trade route that make's the journey to Altair worthy,

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• Crossfire Updates 2023

Once that is done I would like to focus on detail improvements of the CF systems, starting with Sirius, then Sol, then Inner Core and finally Altair space.

There will be two main priorities with that.
    adding something special to the new systems, something unique, something that makes it worth to explore these systems once more. This can be special locations, anomalies, wrecks with special loot.... etc.
    Being a bit more specific with faction design in these new systems, especially in Sirius. e.g. We have the X-3043 System hub and we also have a lore explaining its existence. Connected are plenty of systems and I would like to see if we can put more focus on the factions. It needs to be reviewed which factions exists in these systems. Does it make sense to certain faction combinations next to each other? Do the station layouts fit to these factions? etc.
    Aim is to create a more lore friendly distribution of such factions and the station ownerships.

Depending on how much needs to be changed the end result could lead to a much better variety of factions and assets used in the systems.

This clearly is a task I need help with since lots of research and testing needs to be done. All the changes also need to be well documented in order to update the wiki. It also might be a task for new fresh ideas when it comes to the system design. I think the latest introduced systems in the Sol sector show that new designs can lead to surprising new looks.

This most definitely is a task that needs to be done prior Black Star can be released because the intented dynamic universe changes highly depend on the final layout of the Sirius systems.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• np

I gave up the illusion that people would read my posts ;)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!