20 years SWAT Portal

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• —Pngtree—20th anniversary badge logo icon_3575111.png

On 12th December 2002 a bunch of Starlancer players decided to create a gaming community for Starlancer, Freelancer and some other Sci-fi games.

Yes, that was 20 years ago. We went through many great years, some more turbulent than others.
    Many players joined our small project and it grew year by year. In 2003, pretty much on the day of the FL release, our first Freelancer server went online and for a few years multiple Portal related clans shaped this community.

With the Crossfire release back in 2004 we opened this community to more clans and a wider amount of people. Many new clans were created by community members and many thousands of players joined the SWAT Portal. Later on more modding projects evolved and eventually were released, while Crossfire established itself as a main focus.

Now we once again have 12th December, 20 years later and it is great to see people lurking around here, enjoying being part of the community and contributing to the ongoing projects.

20 years is a milestone not many communities experience.

I'd like to thank everyone who made all of that possible.

May many years follow.

A small history of the SWAT Portal:

Timeline - SWAT Portal

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• it's crazy to think this it's 20 years now lol I'm 24 will be 25 in July my dad got me playing freelancer back in 03 then crossfire to help me with the dyslexia so I could read and write much better he loved crossfire mod more than anything and the only other mods he throughly enjoyed in their prime

BSG Mod by Zeus and Venom

The Void|2115

TNG Mod

He did play quite a few mods but crossfire was always his favourite got me playing it back when it was Version 1.6 then 1.7 and he got to enjoy it all the way up to 1.9 which is when I think the coalition gatts went from shooting like nomad blasters to their blue sparky trail effects now I miss these days me and him relentlessly flying to lost paradise for DKAs and mapping our characters for hours on end as well as trying to break into Nomad City in Styx on SP for months for the Ragnarok but we never got through the shield lol but I can even remember being about 5 years old watching him As a member of the IOC clan getting hunted in his train on the stuttgart run by "Lucy in the Sky" the pirate lady and Gunny I called her and being chased by |PX| and everyother MERC Pirate And police alike cause he was always a sneaky smuggler and he always usually had his Lagg Parked near by just incase he needed it after a run lol 😆 which then me and him playing together in the end he helped me build up from the ground up only giving me enough money for a dromady so I saved up for APC traded up the Armoured and then saved for the soulforge then built my account up I was then In the [UR] United Rebels with GrandAndreasK and Vishnu until we all lost contact and went back to my merc roles with the |PX| For a couple of years and then left to work on their own Mod in the end and RL situations and I then joined back with the IOC like my father where it all started for me as a nooby wingman freelancer now I'm 24 and still under the IOC Just waiting to finish my pc build so I can get back online look forward to the future lets see what's next lost my father (Angmar/Sauron) in 2012 to cancer unfortunately he would of love to see how far the mod has come since the release of 2.0

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

Edited once, last by (IOC)Son of Angmar ().

• haha yeah looks like there's still a couple of us old CF Vets going aslong as I'm going ill never let cf die grew up with it made so many friends over the years lost some and gained angels proud to be apart of this community nice too see the old gang is still around when my pc is complete I'll see you all back in space once again

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

• you mean Chutulu

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!