Sector Venn, help

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by TAYrus_2009.

• What ship do you have and how is equipped? It of course is possible to pass through Venn untouched, but at that story stage is expected that players use fairly good ship with good (the best) equipment. Also helps to learn how to fly evasively, mix of corkscrew and strafying at once helps avoid most of gun's fire. Crossfire wiki have serie of good combat training videos which may give you few quite usefull tips. (and you can also use in SP difficulty slider which will make hits doing much less damage, I think easiest makes your ship invincible ... only be crefull, there is at least one part of stroyline where is expected that your ship get some damage).

For multiplayer there is another trick where use of engine kill stops NPCs from use of cruise disruptors, in SP helps using corkscrew flying with use of countermeasures. If you want to make flying in Inner Core easier, I suggest look for either Iguana or Chimera ships. There of course are many other which are good enough, but there is also few which I would not recommend for that most dangerous region in this mod (unless you know what to expect or simply are really good pilot).

• Just adding to this: the game does not require you to kill any of those aliens. Avoid a fight if you can.

Get an Advanced Subspace Scanner, at this point in the game you should have the credits for that.

When aliens show up on your radar, steer away from them, and kill your engines. (requires manual flight, does not work in Go To / Dock)

If they hit you with a cruise disruptor, fly away from them full speed and do corkscrews so they miss you.

When you are out of their weapons range, kill your engine and turn back towards them, so they back off , then try to cruise away from them.

And even when there are no aliens on the radar, stay in Free Flight and do little corkscrews, they tend to spawn mostly in front of you.

Also saves reaction time because you don't have to cancel the autopilot when aliens show up.

Alternatively, set your difficulty to God mode, and drink coffee while it's on autopilot to the next system.

• Which shield is best to use? I can't go through all this.

I can buy a dreadnought, but it's too big (shoot sparrows from a cannon).

Ship

=====

Gun/Turret Mounts: 6/1

Armor: 13800

Cargo Space: 100

Max Batteries/NanoBots: 83/83

Optimal Weapon Class: 8

Max. Weapon Class: 10

Files

• gun.jpg

(374.47 kB, downloaded 5 times, last: )
    • scaner.jpg

(546.35 kB, downloaded 7 times, last: )
    • shield.jpg

(424.26 kB, downloaded 5 times, last: )

Edited once, last by TAYrus_2009 ().

• Adv. Subspace Scanner

Advanced Hydroxin Thruster

Power Generator MK V

Shield Upgrade MK X

Coalition Gatling 10 Coalition Particle 282 364 8,33 64 1,100 1,100 2,349 3,032 533

found it all at the Wiki:toocool:

"If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him."
    "If he is in superior strength, evade him."
    "If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him."
    "Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant."
    "If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them."
    "If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them."
    "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."
    SunTzu - The art of War

• I missed the name of your ship? Can't find a ship with those stats on the wiki.

Also, against aliens, best loadout is 4x Coalition Gattling, 2 class 9 missiles (have a look around in Yakutsk) and no turret, because it throws off the aim of your gattlings.

Do NOT use a battleship in the story.

Edited once, last by Apache ().

• Корабель я переписав сам (був Титан) треба ще перемалювати корпус.

До коаліції не пропускає рифт. Гру "глюкнуло" після того як я на ПК поставив емулятор андроїда (

Edit by

I rewrote the ship myself (it was Titan) and the hull still needs to be redrawn.

He does not allow the rift to join the coalition. The game "glitched" after I put the Android emulator on the PC (

• There are reasons why is officially forbidden modify game files and problem with Titan (if it modification behaves the same) is that with losing its hull parts are lost also weapons attached to them, which may really be a problem. But back to Venn passing ... you will have much better services from less armored and more maneuverable ship with small front hitbox (profile) ... both above mentioed ships meet those criteria. I spent playing CF many years and Titan is very likely the last ship which I would want fly there ... :) Fighting NPCs there is something what I personally do not recommend unless you are good pilot and know what you are doing. That region of Crossfire mod is purposely created as very hostile and with deadly threats, afterall this is region where are outside beings invading "our" galaxy.

• A Titan with MK2 Codenames goes a long way in Sirius, it might even beat the Ancient drones, but it doesn't make the cut in Inner Core.

At this point, you should just lower the difficulty or use godmode, or reload an old save and get a better ship.

When you're in Altair, you should at least pick up a new ship (unless you already have something like an Iguana or Chimera)

a class 9 Champion H. F. Shield and 4 coalition gattlings, and Yakutsk wreck loot missiles too if possible.

You are allowed to dock on every base during this part (eg. buy a Saracen on Donezk station when you pass it),

And you can even jump into Yakutsk to loot missiles. I did that too. You just won't be able to set waypoints.

To those who like the Titan, stop reading here.

Edited once, last by Apache ().

• Ну я б так не стверджував, ТИТАН дуже добре "зтирає" ізгоїв, та номадів (по 20 одиниць у строю) а також їх керейсери у їх секторах. А от у секторі коаліції я момент купівлі прогавив, сподівався повернутись з більшою сумою грошей (на час проходження сюжету було лише 580000).