Game crashes when entering Sol in SP campaign

There are 17 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hi all,

when I dock with the Warp Anomaly in Hyperion on my way to Sol, the game crashes with [x]:Crossfire Exit - CODE 00000001 in the launcher logs (nothing else). For the sake of completness, I'll sum up my installation steps, maybe I missed something...

• Uninstalled CF mod
    • Uninstalled Freelancer including deletion of Documents\My Games\Freelancer\*
    • Following Windows features are turned on (not sure if it is required for CF modded game):pasted-from-clipboard.png
    • I tried reinstalling with vanilla ISO taken from the Discovery mod installation instructions forum thread. I mounted the ISO in Win 10 (just double click) and ran setup.exe as Administrator - install path D:\games\Freelancer - I didn't apply any official or unofficial patches
    • restarted PC (Freelancer setup said I need to restart)
    • installed CF mod - I left all the options with the default values - install path D:\Freelancer Crossfire (can choose only drive to install to)
    • restored my savegames and config files back to Documents\My Games\Freelancer
    • launched the CF launcher, set the stuff as follows:
    • pasted-from-clipboard.png
    • launched Single Player and let the launcher update the files (don't remember the exact number, but it was almost 500 files)

Did I miss anything? Can't provide much more info as the log only says [x]:Crossfire Exit - CODE 00000001. My savegames and setings should be CF compatible as they were created with the the same Freelancer + CF installers.

The CF campaign that begins on Manhattan was working smoothly including jump to the Hyperion from jump gate in Dublin. After appearing in Hyperion I took 2 trade lanes to the Warp Anomaly that should take you to Sol and it crashes during the transition from Hyperion to Sol when that red flashy jump animation is playing

Any ideas?

• The way you installed everything looks ok.

Dunno why it would crash. I played that mission without any issues ~3 weeks ago.

Have you tried to load the last mission generated savegame to run the mission again?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• First of all, I did the installation from scratch, once again. After I launched Single Player from the launcher, accepting the updates (exactly 400 files) a very small window appeared in the upper left corner of my screen for a few seconds (10-15 maybe):

pasted-from-clipboard.png (I resized Notepad++ window to roughly illustrate the size of that window as I'm not able to reproduce it anymore)

and then it closed and CF Launcher's Single Player button became active again - so it clearly crashed somehow.

I confirmed the crash in the log:

19:31:59.636 --> [i]:Starting Update...

19:32:28.386 --> [x]:Wrong or missing answer from server

19:32:28.386 --> [w]:Source file "TobiiEye_FreePie_AstrayFX.py" does not exist for download

19:32:31.861 --> [x]:Wrong or missing answer from server

19:32:31.861 --> [w]:Source file "TobiiEye_FreePie_Depth3D.py" does not exist for download

19:32:50.787 --> [i]:Prepare Crossfire Start

19:32:52.614 --> [i]:Starting Crossfire

19:32:53.250 --> [i]:Crossfire is running

19:33:22.559 --> [x]:Crossfire Exit - CODE 00000001

19:33:23.021 --> [i]:Crossfire was closed

Subsequent clicking on Single Player launched the game without problems with this in the log (39 files in total now, those 2 python files still failed to download but the game did not crash):

19:35:58.757 --> [i]:Starting Update...

19:36:04.429 --> [x]:Wrong or missing answer from server

19:36:04.429 --> [w]:Source file "TobiiEye_FreePie_AstrayFX.py" does not exist for download

19:36:04.486 --> [x]:Wrong or missing answer from server

19:36:04.486 --> [w]:Source file "TobiiEye_FreePie_Depth3D.py" does not exist for download

19:36:04.490 --> [i]:Prepare Crossfire Start

19:36:06.304 --> [i]:Starting Crossfire

19:36:06.825 --> [i]:Crossfire is running

It is running fine now. Gonna try the mission savegame now.

• No luck with the latest mission save - Mission 18: Crossfire Chapter 2: Origins - it began in New London so I took a trade lane to Dublin jump gate, then a cruise to the Hyperion jump gate, destroyed 3 outcasts next to it, crossed whole Hyperion and docked with Warp Anomaly to Sol. Now it crashed 1-2 seconds after the jump animation was completed, i.e. I found myself in (and could see for a brief moment) the Sol system and the first Warp Gate next to Pluto if I'm not mistaken...

I'm gonna try one mission save before that, Mission 17: Crossfire Chapter 2: Kusari Fleet

• flpatch is not required and not adviced to use

Actually I have no idea what kind of small window you had on the screen.

The mod has no such stuff except for an launcher update overlay but this is significantly bigger.

Will try to run the mission now just to sure that there is no general error with it atm.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• dunno, the mission just worked fine

I have attached the savegame from right after that mission.

eventviewer might show an error code related to the crash

with some luck it is a known one

other than that you might find some info in %AppData%\Local\Freelancer\FLspew.txt

another thing worth to try is selecting the vanilla shader option (shaders were changed recently and it might be worth to try running the game in the original dx9 environment this way)

Files

• Save722b.zip

(129.43 kB, downloaded 2 times, last: )

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• From what I saw it seems like that cutscene that's supposed to play upon entering the Sol for the first time is triggering the crash. Any idea behind this? Later when I get home I'll try running your savegame, but you say it's after the mission. Could you attach a save from the point BEFORE the mission, i.e. Mission 18: Crossfire Chapter 2: Origins? so I can rule out or confirm a corrupted savegame.

• I can do that later this evening

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• there is the savegame

Files

• Save3e92.zip

(127.86 kB, downloaded 1 times, last: )

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• :thumbup:

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,