Need better starting ships

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by <SF>IndianaJones.

• Greetings,

I've come from the Discovery Freelancer game to try something new and fresh, so I downloaded Freelancer Crossfire and gave it a whirl. The single player campaign is very creative and engaging. However, the multiplayer component is very difficult for me to get anywhere in. I start out in the most basic ship in the game and, no matter what mission I accept, even at the lowest difficulty levels, I keep getting my butt handed to me every time. In Discovery Freelancer, the starting ship tended to be much more robust.

Any possibility I would be able to choose a better ship or acquire far more startup capital easily? $150,000 credits is simply too low to get into a ship worthy of taking some of the difficulty curve off. Much appreciated. :)

• Try trading around New York first until you can get some money to buy the Black Eagle at Planet Blood in Custodian. Then go to Death Valley and loot the Ragnarok Gunboat wreck for extra starting credits. You might need evasion skills for the latter.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• hi Reznor

welvome mate

:) :) the best ship to get at the start is the Starflier

fast agile and with it you can fly staight to death valkey. after a bit of practice and raid the ragnarock wreck fly back out and cash in the chip you tractor in after shooting the wreck gito a base and cash in, can be anything from about 6 +mill to 11+milk

when you have the cash you go and get the best ship you can buy with those quick millions. and you are off to a good start :) :)

good flying and good luck in CF

see you in space mate :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• also its a good idea to follow AJays plan first up :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• i find it easyer to go straight to death valley for the money :) :)

• Hmm. So I finally got around to trying this. Two issues I've noted...

1) In System X-3043, my hull integrity rapidly deteriorates. Is this by design or should I be using an entirely different ship?
    2) Once I'm in Death Valley, I get pwned by nomads within 30 seconds, not giving me nearly enough time to find the wreck and collect salvage.

Any specific strategies I should employ here? I used the starflier ship, but I can see why that might be a problem in terms of how small of a ship it is.

• In System X-3043, my hull integrity rapidly deteriorates. Is this by design or should I be using an entirely different ship?

This seems to be a solar storm event. It lasts for a while and ends.

Once I'm in Death Valley, I get pwned by nomads within 30 seconds, not giving me nearly enough time to find the wreck and collect salvage.

Well, if you can't avoid fighting, then my first advice still stands - buy a Dromedary, trade around NY, earn about 1M, buy Black Eagle.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Resnor, see some pilots having given you some sound advice. Two things on the matter, which is true for all new comers. The ship your in is only really for New York, and surrounding area,s. As a training ship really.. Like life the further away from there. Things become more of a challenge. Also your shields will go down quickly. Some times as there is what is called solar storms in x3043 which is part of the game. Another common thing there is nomad invasion too. Like a lot of things you are yet to experience. There is a lot to learn when starting out here. Like everything, this plays a key factor $$$$$$$$$. The ship is only as good as its pilot. it takes practice. advice go to articles on here and look up lexicon. lots of advice on starting out etc.

• Helpful

Hi a good thing for beginners is to have a look at the tour. Type /gti and you see when the tour is and through which systems it runs. Tour is everyday for 1 hour. When tour is started type /jointour, now you get 1mil reward for entering each system of the tour. You need not finish the just enter the systems which are easy for you. Good luck.