Posts by Reznor

Hmm. So I finally got around to trying this. Two issues I've noted...

1) In System X-3043, my hull integrity rapidly deteriorates. Is this by design or should I be using an entirely different ship?
    2) Once I'm in Death Valley, I get pwned by nomads within 30 seconds, not giving me nearly enough time to find the wreck and collect salvage.

Any specific strategies I should employ here? I used the starflier ship, but I can see why that might be a problem in terms of how small of a ship it is.

Greetings,

I've come from the Discovery Freelancer game to try something new and fresh, so I downloaded Freelancer Crossfire and gave it a whirl. The single player campaign is very creative and engaging. However, the multiplayer component is very difficult for me to get anywhere in. I start out in the most basic ship in the game and, no matter what mission I accept, even at the lowest difficulty levels, I keep getting my butt handed to me every time. In Discovery Freelancer, the starting ship tended to be much more robust.

Any possibility I would be able to choose a better ship or acquire far more startup capital easily? $150,000 credits is simply too low to get into a ship worthy of taking some of the difficulty curve off. Much appreciated. :)