After the vanilla campaigns and freedom?

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by 3RafalaK.

• Hi.

I just finished the campaigns vanilla and then I got the chapter 1 task automatically. Now I'm in missions 20 or chapter 3 and how do I stop missions? I wanted to ask if the mission could be aborted because I wanted to fly the entire Sirius sector and investigate.

• greetings,

SP campaign cannot be stopped (with intention to continue later), it can be at the best paused and this earlier in late state with crossfire mod newly added missions. This restriction is given by vanila game design. You can ofc stop (permanently) campaign at any time (in mod launcher chose "Open SP"), but you will be after this unable continue with campaign storyline. What is possible is use "Open SP", explore, do what you want and then uncheck "Open SP" and load latest mission save, which however will not have the progress which you had while playing with OpenSP mode. And one advice: please try avoid using of "Autosaves", especially during active campaign it can lead to numerous problems.

... freelancer is old game, it have its limits especially if you like follow SP storyline.

• If you want to explore Sirius freely and be able to take jobs in bars, you have to do so after mission 9 (after returning from Tekagi's Base with the Proteus tome)

At the end of the mission, the game sends you to the Kyoto base bar for mission 10, this is the last mission you can decline. Please note, from this point to the end of the Crossfire campaign, you will be level 17, and some random missions from bars may not be available because they require a higher level. But the whole universe should be able for exploration at this point.

If you accept mission 10, you will not be able to decline missions 11, 12 and 13 (and the whole Crossfire campaign is technically still mission 13)

There are some breaks during the Crossfire campaign later, but you are not allowed to take jobs from bars during those breaks, because you're technically still in mission 13. If you go to a bar for random missions, the game will say you are already on a mission. You can however use these breaks to explore freely, buy ships and equipment, and do the side quest. (spoilers ahead)

• Interesting info, I've never declined continue dring vanilly campaign. I see there is just one problem with this and it is that universe (systems) look is different during campaign and during "free" play. Systems around X-3043 (included) are slowly revealed during CF added missions and story explains how they were found.

• Wasn't there an option in Mod Manager (when activating CF) to choose to play without the campaign?