Copying my CF2.0 game from my Computer to my Tablet ?

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by wombat1940.

• I sure the instructions on how to do it are here somewhere, but I'm not sure where. I want to reproduce my full CF2.0 game, saves and all. Identical transfer. Hopefully its just copy all the folders and file across, but I doubt it.

Maybe somebody could point me to where I can find out ?

Thanks.

• Hello wombat.

It is possible to transfer your saves and settings (just copy the Freelancer folder located in Documents/My Games), but not the game itself. You will need to install it on the tablet just like you did on the PC.

Hope this helps.

• Hello wombat.

It is possible to transfer your saves and settings (just copy the Freelancer folder located in Documents/My Games), but not the game itself. You will need to install it on the tablet just like you did on the PC.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Wanderer.

In regard to installing of CF.2.0 on the Tablet and my bad memory, I can remember nothing about installing CF.20 on my PC. Totally blank. So assume I need to follow a good set of instructions on how to do this. Maybe you could point me to where I can find such a good set of instruction. It was 8 years ago when I did it last, but it could have been last week and still I would have forgotten where to look and how to use. :( Sad but true.

I also had some tweaking done on my 2012 installation to make me "friends with all, enemies with non". That would be lost with a re-installation. That's why I had hoped there might have been a way to copy what is on the Computer and pasting in to the Tablet. Is that not a possibility?

Lastly, should copy and paste not be an option (and don't think it is), what happens when I run the transferred saves and settings on the re-installed CF2.0 ? Will they run with the tweaks as part of their routine, or alternative, will the tweaks just crash the game ?

Thanks

• Attached below is the Crossfire installation guide by NucNuc with very detailed instructions.

I have to add only few important notes:

1) before you begin, make sure there is enough free space on the disk where the game will be installed (15 GB free or more should be a safe amount);

2) disconnect the Tablet from the Internet and temporarily disable anti-virus software until installation is complete;

3a) when installing Freelancer, choose a destination folder that is not located in any of the Windows folders (best is to make a new directory, e.g. C:\FL);

3b) if Freelancer is already installed on your Tablet (as evident from this thread), you can skip the first part of the guide (until "and .... \o/ INSTALL FREELANCER \o/" line);

4) do not pay attention to exact file sizes in the guide (those are probably outdated, so there is nothing wrong if you get different numbers).

I had hoped there might have been a way to copy what is on the Computer and pasting in to the Tablet. Is that not a possibility?

After Crossfire is up and running on the Tablet (and only after that!), I think you can then close the game, delete all files and folders in the game directory and put a copy of those from the PC instead. Then do the same with Documents/My Games/Freelancer. And finally, print or write down your Multiplayer ID from the PC and type it on the Tablet upon first launch of Crossfire Multiplayer. The result should be, in theory, a working game on the Tablet, identical in all features to one on the PC (including mod activation settings, launcher settings, game settings, saves, multiplayer chars, and any tweaks you made to the files).

• Hi. :) :)

which tablet do you have?

I am using an Acer tablet myself running windows 10?? :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• Hi. :) :)

which tablet do you have?

I am using an Acer tablet myself running windows 10?? :) :)

Sorry Ringo, missed this post.

Its a "Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Surface 128 Gb" whatever that is. Ha! I bought it secondhand and its currently running Freelancer successfully. I think its running Windows 10.

• Attached below is the Crossfire installation guide by NucNuc with very detailed instructions.

I have to add only few important notes:

1) before you begin, make …………………………………………………...

Thanks Wanderer for all the help. I will attempt installation shortly. Just a bit busy at the moment making sure I'm avoiding Covid19 here in Bali. 80 year old's don't seem to handle catching it too well. <X:(

• Sorry Ringo, missed this post.

Its a "Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Surface 128 Gb" whatever that is. Ha! I bought it secondhand and its currently running Freelancer successfully. I think its running Windows 10.

128 Gb sounds like the hard drive storage space.

it should all continue fine running fl, have had my tablet for some time similar Gb running Windows 8 to start with ugraded later to Win10, runs fl fine to.

good flying :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• Hey wombat, what about using an account manager, one on your pc to save account data, and the same on your tablet with just the saved manager files from your pc.

Are there such things ? Bit like me writing everything down so I don't forget things ……. no ……. I'll forget whatever I do …….. better ……. so I remember things. ;)

Its probably a bit late for FL and CF2.0, but certainly worth thinking about for my new career in ED. Thanks.

• you can just copy the the freelancer folder, and install the cr0ssfire font. Easy- done this 1000 times.

Best Regards / Grüße

Aldenmar Odin