why everything works so bad

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by thanhrui.

• I FOLLOWED EXACTLY BY THE INSTRUCTIONS, BUT EVERYTHING DOES NOT WORK EQUALLY, THIS IS A TORTURE.

1) I started the Freelancer installation as administrator,

2) rebooted the PC,

3) I deleted the read-only flag on the game folder (but it is still grayed out , but not empty inside)

4) I installed FLMM (I install it separately from the Freelancer folder, D: \ games \ flmm)

5) I installed crossfire2.0 in the mods folder without problems (I ran the game before that so the setup file started without errors)

6) I rebooted the PC AGAIN

7) I activated the mod (everything is still going fine)

8) I have 3 icons on my desktop: freelancer, FLMM, launch crossfire mod. I launch Launch Crossfire Mod and it asks to specify freelancer.exe, I do this and the launcher starts BUT the options are empty and do not give anything to choose, and the launcher immediately gives an error in the update line.

9) I press SP but there’s an error.

10) I I open the user folder(C:\users\etc) and find the EXE folder inside it LauncherUpdater.exe I launch it but it doesn’t work, it says that it lacks the dll (I don’t understand where this folder came from and this file is in it)

11) I move this file to Freelancer \ EXE and confirm the replacement (I saw on the forum that this solves the problems with updating as in paragraph 9).

12) when starting from there it asks to open the launcher, I launch the launcher from the desktop and then launch LauncherUpdater.exe and it is updated

13) after that the launcher starts again and I press SP and about MIRACLE, the update starts on 2036 files, but after the update folders appear DATA and EXE and

new other files in the user’s folder, I don’t understand what they are doing there, I think they should replace the files in the mod inside FLMM or in the game folder itself.

14) I launch the launcher after the update but it does not update, but it must download some files for MP and then run SP (options do not work from the launch crossfire mod shortcut)

15) I launch through the freelancer shortcut on the desktop and the launcher appears and The options work correctly (I select cursors and classic shaders) then I press SP and after that I select Yes, the launcher downloads 114 files and launches the game, but I still don’t understand if the mod is updated or not

16) after that I install the translation in my language (Russian) but when I run again through the freelancer shortcut and push again SP and after that I select No,launcher starts the game, BUT the game is still in English, although when installing the translation I replaced the files in the game folder with the files from the translation, the translation should change the text, but nothing changes, I think that the mod somehow incorrectly updated and started because if you follow this instruction (Crossfire 2.0 Installation Issue) I can not perform step 11 , and nowhere is it said that the launcher shortcut on the desktop should require freelancer.exe (but this is not very important, I think), but the launcher cannot be updated and cannot start updating the mod, but here (Frequently Asked Questions - SWAT Portal) it is written that the launcher should update itself after launch if it needs it, and that the update will start after pressing SP but none of this happens and the solution from my 10 point doesn’t help

• Ajay

Approved the thread.
  • 10) I I open the user folder(C:\users\etc) and find the EXE folder inside it LauncherUpdater.exe I launch it but it doesn’t work, it says that it lacks the dll (I don’t understand where this folder came from and this file is in it)

13) after that the launcher starts again and I press SP and about MIRACLE, the update starts on 2036 files, but after the update folders appear DATA and EXE and

new other files in the user’s folder, I don’t understand what they are doing there, I think they should replace the files in the mod inside FLMM or in the game folder itself.

Now this is strange... I usually just launch CF through the same Freelancer shortcut (since launcher should replace FL executable).

16) after that I install the translation in my language (Russian) but when I run again through the freelancer shortcut and push again SP and after that I select No,launcher starts the game, BUT the game is still in English, although when installing the translation I replaced the files in the game folder with the files from the translation, the translation should change the text, but nothing changes, I think that the mod somehow incorrectly updated and started because if you follow this instruction (Crossfire 2.0 Installation Issue) I can not perform step 11 , and nowhere is it said that the launcher shortcut on the desktop should require freelancer.exe (but this is not very important, I think), but the launcher cannot be updated and cannot start updating the mod, but here (Frequently Asked Questions - SWAT Portal) it is written that the launcher should update itself after launch if it needs it, and that the update will start after pressing SP but none of this happens and the solution from my 10 point doesn’t help

There is actually no Russian translation to the mod (not counting bootleg stuff). If you are speaking about different language options in the CF installer, then it just specifies the dialogue language of the installer itself.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• There is actually no Russian translation to the mod (not counting bootleg stuff). If you are speaking about different language options in the CF installer, then it just specifies the dialogue language of the installer itself.

I meant a fan translation, but the point is that when replacing files in a folder, everything works in English, but Russian does not appear anywhere, which means replacing files in a folder with a game does not affect the mod. This means that the mod files are not used from the game folder

• Now this is strange... I usually just launch CF through the same Freelancer shortcut (since launcher should replace FL executable).

I think that when updating the luncher downloads files to where it was originally, that is, in the user folder (I wrote that I take

the launcher from the user folder, although I do not know why it appears there after activation)

• Well... I have to warn you that any side modifications of CF files are a touchy subject, and doing that is generally considered to be a bad idea.

I think that when updating the luncher downloads files to where it was originally, that is, in the user folder (I wrote that I take

the launcher from the user folder, although I do not know why it appears there after activation)

Maybe that's a problem with that particular shortcut? As I said, when I had to reinstall the whole thing last time (and reinstalling CF requires deleting FL as a whole and cleaning up after it with CCleaner for a good measure), I just went to the game folder/EXE and launched Freelancer.exe.

Hmm. Maybe on activation, FLMM "activated" the mod into the Users folder? Make sure FLMM works with correct game directory.

I'm just trying to figure out what happened... after all, this is outright weird.

• ow this is strange... I usually just launch CF through the same Freelancer shortcut (since launcher should replace FL executable).

I'm talking about the fact that the mod, even without translation, is strangely updated and launched, I'm sure that what should happen should not be at all, that is, the appearance of the EXE folder in the user folder and the further appearance of the mod files in the same folder, although when I I start FLMM for the first time, I show him the path to the game directory, because it will not start without it. it will probably be better to accompany each step of the instruction with a screenshot so that all players perform the same actions when installing the mod. maybe after the activation of the mod I shouldn’t use the launcher shortcut and launch the Freelancer shortcut right away, since it’s nowhere said that the mod shortcut should be launched, here Frequently Asked Questions - SWAT Portal it is written just to launch the launcher, and the shortcut to the crossfire launcher shortcut does not work correctly initially, maybe it just is not needed because the launcher appears even when launched from the mod manager

• 10) should not happen at all

Why does it happen? I dont know.

Fact is we developed the installation routine and tested it under every windows version since Windows XP and it should work perfectly fine under a default Windows installation no matter what version it is.

But then there also is the issue that every user has a different configuration of Windows. Maybe you have some strange tools installed which prevent that some important registry keys can be written (I once had a AV tool which did that and I know that third party system tools like Tuneup can potentially cause such issues). As a matter of fact we can only develop our software based on the default windows... but not on customized user settings that are unknown to us.

It also could be that you had FLMM installed in a different folder before with different settings and reinstalling it did not overwrite the FLMM settings (including the correct path to your current FL installation). That at least would explain why it started to move stuff into the wrong folder.

But that is also something we can not influence from our side. Thats why i always advice to check the flmm settings prior activating a mod.

13) This should also not happen and confirms that something is absolutely f...-up with your windows installation or at least with its configuration. The launcher only downloads stuff locally based on the folder it is started from. It by default is not able to write files somewhere else. Which means that something else on your PC (I dont know what) is redirecting files into the wrong folder.

The launcher is integrated into the freelancer.exe and did work for many thousands of players so far. I am pretty sure that not the launcher is the issue here but something else on your PC causing this mess.

16) I dont get it how you can at this point even select a different language anywhere. There is not even an option to change languages. All I can imagine is that you decided to overwrite existing files which with 100% certainty would cause the mod to be completely bugged. The mod is writting in the main english language and requires that language to run. If these files get replaced the mod wont work correctly anymore.

And there is no translation you can simply install AFTER the game and the mod already was installed. That simply does not work.

A fan translation should never be used in combination with mods.

The files used are never compatible. They cant be.

And the launcher by default is designed to overwrite every change users make to certain files. You can not simply start changing stuff on the mod and still expect it to work.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• my problem is that the mod files appear in the user’s folder, I understand that writing you a translation is wrong, because the translation has nothing to do with you. I'm talking about how the mod is somehow incorrectly updated and the files appear not where needed. I think my idea that you need to run freelancer.exe right away and not use the shortcut that appears after activating the mod on the desktop

Now this is strange... I usually just launch CF through the same Freelancer shortcut (since launcher should replace FL executable).

• I think my idea that you need to run freelancer.exe right away and not use the shortcut that appears after activating the mod on the desktop

Well, try reinstalling FL+CF and do exactly that.

• I moved this file to the EXE folder of the original game, I ran this file with the launcher turned on and these two errors got there, I clicked a single game, and clicked yes for updates and the update started. BUT new files began to appear where this folder with the file used to be, as in the screenshot

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• after that I took new files and placed them in the game folder and confirmed the replacement, but the errors did not disappear, after that I launched the FLMM and launched the launcher through it, then I clicked single player and clicked yes for updates, but the launcher stopped on preparing to update, after that I closed the launcher and started that way again, but clicked no on updates and the game started

• I think I found the right path, immediately after installing the mod and activating it, I launched the game through the FLMM, the mod launcher started and updated and works correctly (options are not empty) I clicked single player game and clicked yes for updates (1627 file updates started) I checked the user’s folder and the games folder and didn’t find another EXE folder there, maybe the only way to run it was through the FLMM

• the Crossfire link should lead directly to the freelancer.exe

The fact that it doesn't just means that during the installation a wrong path did exist in your registry. Most likely from an earlier installation of the game.

The correct installation procedure would prevent that in my eyes.

1. Install a fresh fl

2. Install flmm and check if the flmm settings have the correct path to your fl folder

3. Install the mod which then will autodetect all required folders

4. Activate the mod.

Thats it.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The correct installation procedure would prevent that in my eyes.

I want to say that everything worked correctly when I started only through the FLMM, I started the game right after activating the mod through the FLMM, and everything worked correctly, no problems, the launcher was updated correctly, the game also updated correctly and started, and most importantly for me, fan The translation was also installed and earned. I want to note that everything worked through FLMM, but the crossfire and freelancer shortcuts led to strange update paths and errors

• if you have installed the translation many bugs are to be expected. Lots of id errors and most likely crashes.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,