I FOLLOWED EXACTLY BY THE INSTRUCTIONS, BUT EVERYTHING DOES NOT WORK EQUALLY, THIS IS A TORTURE.
1) I started the Freelancer installation as administrator,
2) rebooted the PC,
3) I deleted the read-only flag on the game folder (but it is still grayed out , but not empty inside)
4) I installed FLMM (I install it separately from the Freelancer folder, D: \ games \ flmm)
5) I installed crossfire2.0 in the mods folder without problems (I ran the game before that so the setup file started without errors)
6) I rebooted the PC AGAIN
7) I activated the mod (everything is still going fine)
I have 3 icons on my desktop: freelancer, FLMM, launch crossfire mod. I launch Launch Crossfire Mod and it asks to specify freelancer.exe, I do this and the launcher starts BUT the options are empty and do not give anything to choose, and the launcher immediately gives an error in the update line.
9) I press SP but there’s an error.
10) I I open the user folder(C:\users\etc) and find the EXE folder inside it LauncherUpdater.exe I launch it but it doesn’t work, it says that it lacks the dll (I don’t understand where this folder came from and this file is in it)
11) I move this file to Freelancer \ EXE and confirm the replacement (I saw on the forum that this solves the problems with updating as in paragraph 9).
12) when starting from there it asks to open the launcher, I launch the launcher from the desktop and then launch LauncherUpdater.exe and it is updated
13) after that the launcher starts again and I press SP and about MIRACLE, the update starts on 2036 files, but after the update folders appear DATA and EXE and
new other files in the user’s folder, I don’t understand what they are doing there, I think they should replace the files in the mod inside FLMM or in the game folder itself.
14) I launch the launcher after the update but it does not update, but it must download some files for MP and then run SP (options do not work from the launch crossfire mod shortcut)
15) I launch through the freelancer shortcut on the desktop and the launcher appears and The options work correctly (I select cursors and classic shaders) then I press SP and after that I select Yes, the launcher downloads 114 files and launches the game, but I still don’t understand if the mod is updated or not
16) after that I install the translation in my language (Russian) but when I run again through the freelancer shortcut and push again SP and after that I select No,launcher starts the game, BUT the game is still in English, although when installing the translation I replaced the files in the game folder with the files from the translation, the translation should change the text, but nothing changes, I think that the mod somehow incorrectly updated and started because if you follow this instruction (Crossfire 2.0 Installation Issue) I can not perform step 11 , and nowhere is it said that the launcher shortcut on the desktop should require freelancer.exe (but this is not very important, I think), but the launcher cannot be updated and cannot start updating the mod, but here (Frequently Asked Questions - SWAT Portal) it is written that the launcher should update itself after launch if it needs it, and that the update will start after pressing SP but none of this happens and the solution from my 10 point doesn’t help