save failed single player

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ILIYAN.

• hello

I installed Crossfire a while ago, played story a little and at some point i got message "save failed. disk may be full". It is a clean install, and everything is working fine except the save problem. I had the mod installed before, same version but i wanted to do some changes (the look of Trent, etc) so i reinstalled everything (Freelancer+ mod)

Any ideas how i can fix this?

thanks

• Hello Calendrax.

First of all, check if there is some free space on the local disk where Freelancer is installed (open My Computer -> right-click disk C: (for example) -> choose Properties from the menu). If the disk is full, that would explain your save problem.

• Hi

I have 127 gb of free space where my game its installed, also 140gb+ on system partition, i forgot to mention it.

Also my operating system its windows 10.

Maybe i should try to reinstall everything again, and clean the registry. I got the error after few saves so i will have to play before realize if its fixed or not.

• Hi Calendrax,

I think that's a 'free-space' issue, meaning writing information to the disk. There are programs that are able to do a "Free-Space Optimization" such as (Auslogics Disk Defrag - that's the one I am using, there are others of course), but this error could also fix itself after a simple reboot.

It also happens when writing a huge amount of data to the disk which the System thinks that you don't have enough space for it. If you do say that you have more than enough space in C, you should have enough of Free-Space to have data written on the disk and that you could need just a simple cleaning & optimization, Microsoft is known for its issues after all...

If you do plan to do a reinstall, check out this post here:
    I'm back

• Hi

I installed Freelancer after a clean windows install on a new ssd, and redone/format partitions on old hdd where my games where.

I wasn't sure if it's a problem caused by mod, but it seems i can't find anyone with same problem. I will reinstall everything again and maybe it works after.

thanks

• if everything fails I can try to take a look on it via teamviewer

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• If you still have that problem after a new clean Windows install and on a new SSD Drive nonetheless, then I'm afraid it must be a Windows bug, try a different version and see what happens.