Crossfire 2.0 randomly closing, no error messages

There are 36 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by L3gi.

• Hey guys, I recently got Crossfire mod working, and even though I'm still a bit early into the campaign, I really like the mod already. It's much harder, but it's kinda fun to play. Not to mention the graphics, it just looks beautiful~

There is one problem I can't pinpoint the culprit, though. Sometimes during any point in gameplay, the game would seem to exit fullscreen and turn into windowed mode, but with a black screen, I can still hear the soundtrack going in the background. The game isn't detected by Task Manager, but the launcher would say 'Crossfire is Running' for quite a long time before it finally realizes the game is gone.

From several cases this happens, I don't see a pattern of when the game would crash. Sometimes during free flight, sometimes during dogfights, and sometimes when I'm simply browsing through traders inside a base. There's no error messages that appear either, and there's nothing unusual in the launcher's log so I have no idea what's causing it.

The ONLY thing I noticed that it seem to happen more often when I'm in Bretonia space, happened several times right after I completed a mission too :frown:

Crossfire is still playable, though. This is just a minor annoyance, but it would still help if the problem can be pinpointed and fixed~

Thanks, I hope someone can help~

Update: I managed to narrow down the possible cause. The crash seem to only happen when I press Esc, most often to skip docking cutscenes and the like.

Edited once, last by StatiZkyZ ().

• try to set shaders in launcher settings (right bottom icon) to vanila

Appretiation! to

All CF Mod Developers,

Supporters,

All who have kept and keeps keeping this awesome server alive!

Thanks to Swatt community very much!

:thumbup::thankyou: :thumbsup: :sekt: :thumbup: :thumbsup: :thumbup:

• reshade 10 is better and more options to modify to look better ifr you have a powerful rig that is

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

Anonymous.

that in war,

the Way is to avoid what is strong,

and to strike what is weak.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, irritate him.

Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

big up to all creators of this mod

Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3803.19 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR ( specs of my PC )

Never Judge a Book By Its Cover

If i help you make sure to say thank you cause if don't then don't ask me for help show some gratitude!!!!

• also with reshade10 you get a FPS icon so it shows what FPS your running anything over a 100FPS is orite 60FPS not so good for this game as when you in battle and everything gets hostile your FPS will take a hit .

so make sure no vsync is on for the game will be better for you any more help just ask i get 180FPS after setting stuff correctly

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

If i help you make sure to say thank you cause if don't then don't ask me for help show some gratitude!!!!

• Hello, first of all thank you for replying quickly~ I don't have much time to fully test all the given solutions, though I try to change the shader back to the original FL and test it for around 30 minutes.

So far, it doesn't seem to crash, and some places where FPS usually drops no longer happen, like when going into a Jump gate for example. However, at the beginning, the game's loading screen would pop up during gameplay, like it would froze briefly before continuing. Is this to be expected?

• is your ping ok?

is your background intelligence servise off?

try to unload your pc of heavy servises, disable what is not nesessary: programs, servises, maybe your windows searching for updates, your system can suddenly start downloading software and updates automaticaly, and it may affect on your game and your pc performance...

also try to set graphics in the game settings to a lower mode, like texture, effects and nebula qualities, etc...

type in cmd: %temp% (enter), then your temporary files folder will pop up, delete all you see there, (whatever you cant delete don't bother - probably there will be few files that system needs),

run Ccleaner: clean your system, fix registry, after fixing registry if was any, scan for broken registry again,

run Revo uninstaller, i use it for years: scan your system for junk files and delete all,

Good luck

Appretiation! to

All CF Mod Developers,

Supporters,

Edited 3 times, last by Eli-17 ().

• Hello, first of all thank you for replying quickly~ I don't have much time to fully test all the given solutions, though I try to change the shader back to the original FL and test it for around 30 minutes.

So far, it doesn't seem to crash, and some places where FPS usually drops no longer happen, like when going into a Jump gate for example. However, at the beginning, the game's loading screen would pop up during gameplay, like it would froze briefly before continuing. Is this to be expected?

which shader you using no selection or vanilla shader and yes there is alittle freeze when you go to search server list is that what you mean

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• which shader you using no selection or vanilla shader and yes there is alittle freeze when you go to search server list is that what you mean

Ah, sorry, I forgot to mention, I'm playing single player. I did use vanilla shader, and it turns out it still crashes, though it seems to be less often.

The freeze happened sometimes when in the middle of a game, like when I'm chasing an enemy, the fps will suddenly drop sharply, froze a bit, before resuming. It only happens once so far though.

• Ah, sorry, I forgot to mention, I'm playing single player. I did use vanilla shader, and it turns out it still crashes, though it seems to be less often.

The freeze happened sometimes when in the middle of a game, like when I'm chasing an enemy, the fps will suddenly drop sharply, froze a bit, before resuming. It only happens once so far though.

right ok ive completed sp i used reshade dx10 have you tried that yet and are you playing full screen or windowed

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• also do u have any in game over lay software running in background i had a couple of issues that crashed the game for me try tweaking some settings in gpu control panel that being either amd or nvidia.

turn everything off in gpu control panel for freelancer then see how you get on also have to think freelancer in general is old game but this mod has given it life to the best space action sim .

all about finding sweet spot settings for your rig

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• Ah, sorry, I forgot to mention, I'm playing single player. I did use vanilla shader, and it turns out it still crashes, though it seems to be less often.

u able to put screenshots up ie of your settings on graphics control panel etc

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

how you getting on with it

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• that is strange i never had that issue why cant people have same issues lol be easier to fix but its technology for ya haha pain in arse.

what shader you using if thats happening when u use esc to skip cut scene

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• the server crashes too,

after the crash, if the server is not on list, close game+launcher

clean pc

and start game all over

Appretiation! to

All CF Mod Developers,

Supporters,

• its weird because i don't have no issues like that even in sp as long as u have good connection and set everything up properly should be good to go make sure your system meet the minimum requirements u have power profile set to high power

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• do u use fraps while playing it if so that could cause some issues there so many factors to look at.

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• simple solution

dont press esc

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• simple solution

dont press esc

Hey, im new here.

Have created this account soley because i just recently re-discovered FL and then discovered this mod for me.

Now im playing Singleplayer and am getting the same error which was stated from the OP here: random crashes when docking.

Now as ive tried it more then a dozen times i can maybe give some insights.

The error happened for me whilst being in the process of docking (at the inside sequence and first occurred when pressing escape when trying to access stations. Games goes black and changes from fullscreen into window mode, no response and then closes down ultimately after several seconds of wait.

Now, i started to not press esc as its the obvious route to go, and it helped for a while but as soon as i reached into bretonia (im still quite early into my save), and went for the battleship suffolk located 10k away from new london... ive experienced the crash even when not pressing escape. The ship docked normally and then the second the interior (sequence - not the actual dockingmenu!) of the BB gets visible its going black and repeates as stated above.

Now after that it just seems to be purely random.. ive tried both instances again, trying to jump over the sequence with esc... sometimes it works, sometimes it crashed and it felt like dicerolling. And it also seemed to happen before going into the station/indoor sequence.

At first i was flying the swashbuckler but then changed to the trident, and both had the same errors with the BB suffolk.

Now, ive already tried to change the shader from and to vanilla FL a few times with no noticable effect.

Any other hints what it could be? Does it maybe have something to do with sequences in general? Is there something that was touched in the last patch as the posts stating the error seem rather young.

Edited 2 times, last by L3gi ().