AO Exploit Keeps Spamming Chat

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by zimtonix.

• Could someone do something about "Mosasaurus", he keeps exploiting the AO run in New London and it spams the chat.

It's annoying and against the rules. What he does is to kill himself to faster respawn at previous base.

I wouldn't care about his actions if I didn't get to have it all spammed in chat, I have asked him nicely to stop it, but he said no.

Piceture provided in attachments.

Files

• exploit.jpg

(174.67 kB, downloaded 17 times, last: )
  • k thx

banned

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• It appears there may have been a misstake. Idk who's right or wrong.

I've been talking to ThanhRui as "Mosasaurus" was his alt account and he's saying he didn't do AO exploit, but still, he was where the AO route are today and it's a match.

ThanhRui is telling me he was correcting his reputation with bribes and he's upset that his account got banned.

I can't prove myself more than the screenshot of Mosasaurus reloging and suicide for an hour in New London, and he can't prove he wasn't exploiting. Right before he went off he moved his character to Dublin and he's been talking to me about this incident ever since on his ThanhRui character.

We have come to a mutual understanding but non of us can actually prove ourselves more than we can right now.

I have the screenshot tho, but he swears he didn't exploit, it was a reputation correction by his word.

Any thoughts on the matter and, how can any of us prove who's right more than what we have right now?

Edit: I've asked ThanhRui to join the thread.

As we've been talking, he thinks I'm unexperienced and that's why he didn't want to talk to me when I asked him to stop as his actions were spamming the chat with suicides and relogs.

Yes, I'm a noob, and human errors can occur as I'm obligated to report suspicious activity as long as there are no automatic systems to prevent exploits.

Edited once, last by zimtonix: Added text ().

• when you suicde, your Commo will lost, right? i was in London alone and there arent any player in Bretonia system. how can i run AOs when my AOs gone? so what make you think i run AOs?

Like I said in game, chat spams your relog and suicide in a system where AO's are the most profitable... I'm a noob yes, and I don't know all the ways to exploit trade runs but I do know one and that's what it looked like so I asked you to stop and you responded "no", I told you I would write a ticket but even then you still didn't say something in your defence. as stated above I'm also obligated to report abnormal behavior and thats what I did, because chat was on fire with your relogs and Tribbs wasn't online.

• when you wanna to buy NPC bride ( some faction is hard to buy) you need relogin many many time. this my relogin didnt break the rule. when you asked to stop (you dont have license to do this). i have to say NO. After i relogin i will lauch into space then i suicide bcs my FL frozen sometime when i try to redock. its good when you report wrong action but in my case i did right action

• suiciding is not allowed except in 2 systems - Arena and Hive

rules exist for a reason.

it is a temp ban... 3 days

I wont change that decision and it shouldnt hurt him much since he has well over 100 chars.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Id like to point out this part of the Server rules.

Public accusations will not be tolerated either with or without evidence of the infraction.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hi. All

I do not know if the suicides were an accident but they infact prove "mosasaurus" was not exploiting AO trading because whenever he suicided any cargo would have been lost.

Its pretty hard to exploit AO trading, because one needs to find the trade dock the first time pick up a load and only a Train or Soulforge Train need to do it mind you log out/log in or undock/redock for the remainder of their load and then they must deliver and sell their load and fly back for another load.

I dont think if someone anyone of us does one log out/ log in for that second load on any commodity, that, that can be called spamming beause it would not be repeated so often happening only once every load on pick up.

What is shown on the screen shots, is nothing more than an attempt at rep fix, but it is better to just undock and redock your ship, it take a few seconds, but you will get a new bar line up and asecond chance at the rep, but unless the right NPC shows you will not get the right bribe offered.

Both log out/log in or dock out/dock ins can get frustrating and annoying.

When the bribe you want does not show.

Its better to take a good look at your rep and try to balace it out, fighting opposing NPCs or destroying their respective pods.

Suicide can not be used to exploit any trade because if you do it your cargo is lost.

Sometimes you will get the right bribe after you go away and come back later, if you have tried any one method two to three times NPCs are not going to just drop the bribe you are after.

Dont suicide on purpose, its a waste if time.

Trying to fix one rep no matter how one does it - should not be considered spamming and it should not get you banned.

That said ( do not try to do it by suiciding ) tis not legal and against the rules.

I am not saying that "mosasaurus" was trying to do it this way - only two suicides are visible and only "mosasauru" can say how they hsppened.

Good flying One & All :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• Yes, dearly noted. Been talking to ThanhRui about it and we came to the conclusion that it was indeed a rep-fix and not some exploit. Although, Freelancer is not perfect, and the mod is complex, the finding-new-bugs days sure ain't over just yet (if you get my angle), I know a couple that has not been documented yet.

Finding a character Lv100 you've never seen or heard about before doing remarkable activities in a system where AOs is highly profitable is either a very rare coincidence or the perfect place for exploiting a bug, that doesn't exactly sound like a 50/50 but a 20/80 so I made the call.

The screenshot provided was during a period of a few minutes, but this was going on for near half an hour if not even more, thus all suicides and relogs does not show.

If I were to recreate the entirety of the chat it was something more like 1 suicide per 4-7 relogs for a long period of time.

Also, this is an RP server, logging in and out sort of breaks the immersion and purpose of RP, not only for himself but for others who gets to see chat getting spammed with "New Player" as well. Now, that's not entirely his fault alone as chat was designed this way but one should at least think of others - at least when they contact you and asks you nicely to stop (if there's a way to turn off chat events, pls send a PM, I can't find anything like this on google, I tried).

In fact, I couldn't have cared less for what he was doing if I didn't have to see his relogs, it broke my immersion. I didn't bother the first 10-15 minutes but when I asked him to stop and the reply was "no", I had to draw the line. I also fairly gave him a warning shot that I were about to file a complaint.

I was the bringer of news, OP was the judge. I sure may have reported for the wrong reason, but OP banned for the right reason. I didn't think of his suicides but OP did and that's why he got temp-ban.

Also, this thread was marked as "Solved" on Friday, we've been talking it through and came to an agreement. Consider it as case closed :)